PDA

View Full Version : coruption/ cfo and whats the right thing o do !!!

jonathan47
17th June 2010, 15:05
ok guys heres a good one annabel and myself were having dinner last night with filipina british couple and discussing different issues when the topic of CFO comes up to be honest i was staggered and surprise the story is like tihis, they meet fall in love apply fiancee visa get it she goes to airport to leave no CFO stuff told to go into side room sometime later jst before flight leve immigration official asks her how much money she has on her, she has php4,000 he takes it ask her why no more what she gunna do if she cant get flight and to give him more ..in the end lets her get flight !! cebu airport aug/sept 2009 .arrrives gets married gets FLR goes back to filipines in Jan 2010 for marriage at home with FLR and the ID card leaves to come home through Manila no problems still no CFO ...maybe she doesnt need is now considered resident..and ideas about what she should do for CFO now as planning to go back for hols soon ! i said i would ask you guys as someone will know hehheh as for the corruption not sure why i surprised and interestingly they stamped her passport but not with exit stamp hmmmm

any comments appreciated

regards

J & A

gWaPito
17th June 2010, 16:47
This is common with some of the members on this forum. Many came over with no CFO sticker.

Like others have said before, its a cottage industry.

marlyn&kenny
18th June 2010, 04:48
huh? i thought they are implementing that strict rule, no CFO sticker and u cant leave the country!!!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! CORUPTION EVERYWHERE!:cwm23::cwm23:

Last march i was meaning to amend my passport into my married name so i went to CFO prism to get that certificate then the CFO sticker!!! but that lady in that office (prism) give me a hard time and was really humiliated listening to what she had to say.. that my marriage is void bla bla coz my hubby's ex wife is a filipina.. i said i was single when get married and my hubby was able to get that certificate of no impediment and i already got NSO copy of marriage... but stil she insist my marriage is void!!! can u imagine how i felt ?i was so embarrass knowing that other filipina overheard what she was saying..

anyway, i was not able to get that certificate:Brick::cwm23:, but she gave me her email address and said contact her if i have more questions:rolleyes: I was so furious... i bet she wanted me to bribe her some money!!!:cwm23::angry:
This CFO thing is just their way to get money!!!! in fact they dont really care about welfare of filipinos! forgive me but that's how i interpret it..coz during the seminar, it was like attending a PDOS (pre departure orientaton seminar) whats the difference? only that :censored: sticker on passport!

scottishbride
18th June 2010, 09:53
I never had any problem when I got my CFO certificate & sticker. I am annulled and they did not even asked for my annulment paper so there was no issue with regards to that.. I attended the one at Quezon city. The staff were very helpful and friendly. :) The interview with them went well they have just asked me some few questions.

malditako
21st June 2010, 03:14
@marlyn
went to cfo quezon city it was fast and easy there....do u really need to tell them about ur husbands previous marriage?...just present to them ur marriage contract :)