PDA

View Full Version : How much savings,do I need,to support my wife?

Josieyam65
19th June 2010, 21:07
Hi,If anyone can advise me,it would be much appreciated:DI married my Filipino Wife last year,Im from the UK.Were just starting the process of getting things sorted to apply for a "spouse visa".Could someone advise me,how much money,I should have in my bank account.To support her for the first two years?And is she allowed to work here in the UK,during that time?Thanks in advance:):):)

stevewool
19th June 2010, 21:16
hi there and welcome , well as much as you can thats the answer, it helps if you are working a house too, not to sure about the work thing, i think its yes but other people will advice you on that :Hellooo:

sars_notd_virus
19th June 2010, 22:32
Could someone advise me,how much money,I should have in my bank account.

as long as u can show regular/verifiable income...goodluck and welcome aboard:Hellooo:

marlyn&kenny
20th June 2010, 07:46
Welcome to the forum!
According to previous post of well experienced members here, Yes your wife can work soon as she gets there(on a spouse visa of course)
they say 2k in your savings monthly helps, and a regular job:Hellooo:

KeithD
20th June 2010, 08:55
Don't have anything negative on the statements you need to supply .... No.1 rule :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Josieyam65
20th June 2010, 14:22
Many Thanks,for all the replies,you've all been very helpful.:):):):)And I was wondering,if its quicker for me to process the spouse visa here,in the UK.Or my Wife,in the Philippines?

joebloggs
20th June 2010, 18:50
the visa app has to be processed in a country that your wife is a legal resident in. you cant process a visa for her from the UK:NoNo:

Josieyam65
20th June 2010, 21:34
Many Thanks,JoeB,:):):):)Much appreciated:D