PDA

View Full Version : Filipina Beauty Products - Do you use any? Recommend?

KeithD
21st June 2010, 09:40
Question for the girls... unless your the hubby and a bit weird :Cuckoo:

raynaputi
21st June 2010, 12:25
For my face: I use Dermaveen Soap Free Wash (http://www.dermaveen.com.au/cleansing/dermaveen-soap-free-wash/) and a pore minimizer/acne and pimple toner (bought from my derma)..then just Johnson & Johnson powder or face powder. I don't wear makeup (well i don't know how to anyways) and just use Philosophy Kiss Me Emolient Lip Ointment (a lip balm that prevents cracked lips - http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/prod_kiss-me______25596) for my lips.

For my body: I use Johnson & Johnson body wash and Nivea lotion or Vaseline lotion.

:D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
21st June 2010, 14:01
Vaseline :cwm24:

bornatbirth
21st June 2010, 14:22
Vaseline :cwm24:

:sexy_146: :Erm: :D

KeithD
21st June 2010, 14:39
:sexy_146: :Erm: :D

I do hope you're not doing that while looking at a picture of me :omg:

bornatbirth
21st June 2010, 14:59
I do hope you're not doing that while looking at a picture of me :omg:

i was looking at doms photos in the gallery ;)

malditako
22nd June 2010, 07:04
ponds facial wash, olay total effects, facial mask from watson and salt scrub for body and dove moisturizing lotion :)

Ross
22nd June 2010, 08:19
calamansi:D:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
22nd June 2010, 08:47
calamansi:D:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Isn't that a type of squid :Erm: ;)

Ross
22nd June 2010, 14:22
:D:D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::omg::omg::cwm24:
not really boss am sure not octopus though:icon_lol::D:Rasp: anyway it is local or shall we say similar to lemon it just the color of:icon_lol::rolleyes::cwm24::D calamansi is green and smaller like grapes some bigger at times:D

burdock
22nd June 2010, 15:24
Jonalyn uses a whitener cream, which I find very strange. I tell her most girls here paying loads to have a nice tan and would kill to be her colour(maybe it a girl thing)

liane
22nd June 2010, 16:18
I am using a facial wash and night cream prescribed by my derma.

Calamansi/ philippine lemon is used to even out skin color (whiten dark areas :D) without spending too much.

stevewool
22nd June 2010, 17:42
the only filipina beauty products i use is my emma , she makes me glow and feel so refreshed the moment i wake and see her smilling at me :rolleyes:

rani
22nd June 2010, 19:20
you are so sweet stevewool... keep the love alive!

stevewool
22nd June 2010, 19:30
thanks rani, have to put a smile on all our faces each day , that what makes us all feel young :):):):)

DavidArt
23rd June 2010, 01:09
when im in phil i use tawas hehehehehe! so before i came here i bring some of it ! but im run out now so using now DOVE i still miss tawas though hehehehehe

KeithD
23rd June 2010, 08:55
Women do know they use animal parts in some of this beauty stuff? And we are not talking what you find down the local butchers here :omg:

purple
25th June 2010, 20:07
calamansi is a tropical fruit, much alike of your lime only smaller.
I think you meant the calamares.

Yes calamansi is very good for the skin, you can squeeze one and leave it on your skin.

raynaputi
25th June 2010, 20:16
u can use calamansi to whiten ur underams they say coz it whiten dark areas..but dont use it after plucking the underarm hair coz it's "mahapdi"!!! Hahahaha..

though it's best to wax the hair off the underams..prevents chicken skinned underarms, doesnt make the skin dark, and hair doesnt grow fast..

KeithD
25th June 2010, 20:59
English guys like women's underarms to look like an afro.... :rolleyes:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:wHIkDcwCF6w-0M:http://cdn.hellobeautiful.blackplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/girl-with-hairy-armpits.png

stevewool
25th June 2010, 23:05
you might, i once went out with a girl with underarm hair and she looked like she had don king in a shoulder lock:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

somebody
26th June 2010, 13:54
For my face: I use Dermaveen Soap Free Wash (http://www.dermaveen.com.au/cleansing/dermaveen-soap-free-wash/) and a pore minimizer/acne and pimple toner (bought from my derma)..then just Johnson & Johnson powder or face powder. I don't wear makeup (well i don't know how to anyways) and just use Philosophy Kiss Me Emolient Lip Ointment (a lip balm that prevents cracked lips - http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/prod_kiss-me______25596) for my lips.

For my body: I use Johnson & Johnson body wash and Nivea lotion or Vaseline lotion.

:D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

When the Wife came to the UK she brought her papya soap and still uses it everyday:)

But like you when in her first year we were invited to my sisters wedding she was most worried about doing her own makeup, which she practiced with a friend before hand and made notes!! now less than 5 years later she is an accounts major for a very well known make up company and from what her friends says is an expert in all things make up:icon_lol:

One thing we did find out at great cost:doh is some Phill beauty products dont seem to have the same affect maybe its the weather, diet or tap water (hard or soft water?)? The wife often found for the UK Brit products worked far better and phill ones back home..

KeithD
26th June 2010, 17:55
..... some Phill beauty products dont seem to have the same affect ....
That'll be because the voodoo spell doesn't work outside Asia :voodoo: :cwm24:

malditako
26th June 2010, 19:36
papaya soap does work on my husband...when we were in the philippines he said to me ...it seems that im getting white rather than brown here then i asked him what soap u are using when taking a shower?..he said the one u got the orange one..hahaha!!! bingo :))

stevewool
26th June 2010, 19:42
why is it that emma over there like most women was buying this soap that was tryingh to make you white , and i dont mean a tin of white emulsion anyone, i think if most men on here was to say we prefure you dark skin stay they way you are because you are all beautiful

stevie c
26th June 2010, 19:45
couldnt agree with you more stevewool my florsel is always complaining she is too dark but i have finally convinced her thats what makes her so beautifull