PDA

View Full Version : Pressure to blame - Crapello

Dedworth
21st June 2010, 16:50
The latest excuse from our man :laugher::icon_lol:

England manager Fabio Capello believes pressure is to blame for their stuttering World Cup campaign.

Capello's side are without a victory in South Africa and need to beat Slovenia on Wednesday to make it through to the knockout stages of the competition.

"It is a mental thing. Absolutely. When you are under pressure, big pressure, sometimes the legs do not work normally," Capello told BBC Sport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8751854.stm

I'd love to experience some of this pressure and the big fat pay cheques that go with it :rolleyes:

aromulus
21st June 2010, 19:55
Bunch of overpaid, overhyped and oversexed primadonnas, Capello has a valid point and you know it, only your misguided national pride gets you to agree with dubious media articles...:doh

Why is it that they worked excedingly well during the qualifying stages and are crap now...???:Erm:

Mental block.... Caused by the media by slagging them off even before they start a game....:doh

Leave Capello alone, he has done the job he was asked to do, and it was to get that bunch of donkeys to South Africa. And done it with games to spare.:76:

Dedworth
21st June 2010, 21:23
The FA should be booking a charter flight and putting Venables on it, they can drop off Fabio with his sack of ill gotten gains in Italy on the way bag

les_taxi
21st June 2010, 22:15
I can't work out what has gone wrong for the life of me!
He picked up the mess mclaren left and the team qualified with honours scoring more goals than any other team in the world.
So for me it's the players,rooney has been a mess,gerrard can't pass wtf is it all about:doh

I wonder if its a bloody south african curse put on team:omg:

Dedworth
21st June 2010, 22:18
It is a puzzler Les but at the end of the day the blokes paid £6 million a year to be England Manager and he's failing dismally :angry:

les_taxi
21st June 2010, 22:38
I'm still not convinced,to me the players cannot kick a ball at the moment,that is down to them.
Let's just hope we win wed and lets start again.
I think we will win and then who knows in the knockout anything can happen.
Playing well known teams will suit us more as they let you play,all is not lost as the moment and let's give em one more chance:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
21st June 2010, 22:44
I'm still not convinced,to me the players cannot kick a ball at the moment,that is down to them.
Let's just hope we win wed and lets start again.
I think we will win and then who knows in the knockout anything can happen.
Playing well known teams will suit us more as they let you play,all is not lost as the moment and let's give em one more chance:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll have everything crossed :D

beppe
22nd June 2010, 05:51
There is still time to make changes, but in the end only one team will be the winner.

KeithD
22nd June 2010, 09:09
Zulu Voodoo :voodoo:

The manager can only do so much, during the 90 mins it is mainly the players who have to perform, the manager can't score a goal :doh ..... and according to Alex Ferguson their is a split in the team. Not a surprise with so many undereducated spoilt brats being forced to live with each other. If Fergie was in charge though, Terry would already be on his way home.

IainBusby
22nd June 2010, 10:47
Zulu Voodoo :voodoo:

The manager can only do so much, during the 90 mins it is mainly the players who have to perform, the manager can't score a goal :doh ..... and according to Alex Ferguson their is a split in the team. Not a surprise with so many undereducated spoilt brats being forced to live with each other. If Fergie was in charge though, Terry would already be on his way home.

Probably with an eye injury caused when Fergie kicked a football boot across the dressing room in a rage!!!

I think Beckham would know how to duck by now. :Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo: