PDA

View Full Version : accommodation

-sillybilly-
22nd June 2010, 07:24
Hi guys!
Its me again.
I have another thread somewhere about applying for a spouse visa. It is part of my application but me and hubby started to get confused and worried regarding my accommodation.

My husband currently lives with my bro in-law which has a Thai girlfriend and now pregnant. And since my bro in-law wants her in the UK before she give birth he has sent all the documents for her to apply for a fiancee visa. So i supposed that she will get in the UK before me.

So what worries us now is since he now have a record from the immigration border that he is having his girlfriend in his house pretty soon..would that affect my application as they will find out that there will be 2 couples living in 2 bedroom house?
Would there be a problem with the place that im going to stay as its gonna be too crowded for me and my husband?
We need to know what will be the outcome with regards to my accommodation as my husband is kinda bit worried...oh dear!
Look forward to hear from you soon. Ta!

joebloggs
22nd June 2010, 11:05
Overcrowding, The test for determining whether or not an accommodation is overcrowded is given in the IDI's (Chapter 8, S1 annex F, paragragh 6.3). It takes the form of a table which is reproduced below. To use the table, add up the number of occupants according to the following scheme: occupants under the age of one count as zero; occupants between one and ten years of age count as one-half; and occupants over the age of 10 count as a whole person.

Number of rooms --- Permitted number of persons
1 -----------------------------------2
2 -----------------------------------3
3 -----------------------------------5
4 -----------------------------------7.5
5 -----------------------------------10

For example, a family consisting of two adults, a child aged 7, a child aged 5, and a child aged 6 months would tally as 3 persons, and would therefore require 2 bedrooms.

does your husband rent, own part of the house or live there free?

fred
22nd June 2010, 12:16
that list says number of rooms..not number of bedrooms..so a 2 bed flat would usually consist of 4 rooms not including the boiler cupboard..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

-sillybilly-
22nd June 2010, 12:29
Overcrowding, The test for determining whether or not an accommodation is overcrowded is given in the IDI's (Chapter 8, S1 annex F, paragragh 6.3). It takes the form of a table which is reproduced below. To use the table, add up the number of occupants according to the following scheme: occupants under the age of one count as zero; occupants between one and ten years of age count as one-half; and occupants over the age of 10 count as a whole person.

Number of rooms --- Permitted number of persons
1 -----------------------------------2
2 -----------------------------------3
3 -----------------------------------5
4 -----------------------------------7.5
5 -----------------------------------10

For example, a family consisting of two adults, a child aged 7, a child aged 5, and a child aged 6 months would tally as 3 persons, and would therefore require 2 bedrooms.

does your husband rent, own part of the house or live there free?

Hi ya! Thanks for the reply.
My husband is giving 250quid a month so i supposed he must be renting...but since they were brothers hes paying cheaper.
Hmmm...the table shows that there should only be 3 person in a 2 bedroom house, is it?

Oh actually, my bro in-law has already got the plan for the extension of the house and has been approved by this land thing...sorry forgot the name.
So whats gonna happen now?

But my husband could say in his supporting documents that we are not staying there for long...as soon as i get a job, we'll be back on track and will be able to get a flat. We just got married and ofcourse we want our own space.

Cheers mate!

fred
22nd June 2010, 13:17
What counts as overcrowding?

If your accommodation is much too small for your household you may be considered to be living in overcrowded conditions under the law. Your home may be legally overcrowded if there are not enough rooms or space for the number of people who live there:
The number of people per room

If two people of the opposite sex have to sleep in the same room the accommodation will be overcrowded unless the two people are:

a married or cohabiting couple, or
at least one occupant is under ten years old.

The number of people of the same sex (unless they are a same-sex couple) who can sleep in one room is restricted by the size of the room (see below).
The amount of space in each room

Rooms that are counted include living rooms, bedrooms and large kitchens. For the space and floor area calculations:

children under one year old are ignored
children under ten years old and over one count as a half
rooms under 50 square feet are ignored.

As a general rule:

1 room = 2 people
2 rooms = 3 people
3 rooms = 5 people
4 rooms = 7.5 people
5 or more rooms = 2 people per room.

But the floor area of a room also determines how many people can sleep in it:

But the floor area of a room also determines how many people can sleep in it:

floor area 110 sq feet (10.2 sq metres approx) = 2 people
floor area 90 - 109 sq ft (8.4 - 10.2 sq m approx) = 1.5 people
floor area 70 - 89 sq ft (6.5 - 8.4 sq m approx) = 1 person
floor area 50 - 69 sq ft (4.6 - 6.5 sq m approx) = 0.5 people.

joebloggs
22nd June 2010, 13:31
even better read this..

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/maintenanceaccommodation

-sillybilly-
23rd June 2010, 00:01
Hi! Mr. JoeBloggs!
Thank you very much for the helpful information.
I will have to send the link to my husband.
And perhaps ask his brother to give him all the copies about the plans and mortgages to include in my application.
Its quite pissin' me off:cwm23: at the moment but i cant blame my bro in-law. I know how he feels but we never thought that hes bringing his thai girlfriend in the UK all of a sudden:NoNo:.
Thanks again!;)