PDA

View Full Version : what do we need for a spouse visa

\\\ElizaTony///
25th June 2010, 14:25
hello all, some of you probly already know me, im tony`s wife, want to know what documents ect i need for the visa , i want to make a check list,
later today tony will go to my bro`s house to get the old flight ticket as we know they will be needed, tony was here for 6 weeks, will this be enough for the visa or will he need to visit me more, and as for the wedding pictures will these need to be printed off or will they be ok on a momory stick, same for messenger chats? will they need to be printed off? or is momery slick ok, will be alot of paper because we chat everyday:),
hopefuly tony will have a job soon and have regular income, my bro live there in uk, will this help with the visa,
at the moment tony is liveing with his mom, his mom rents the house off the housing assosiation but tony hopes to be renting his own place by next summer if all goes to plan, he will ask his mom when the time is right if we both can stay there but his mom is very strict and might say no,
thankyou in advance all.

stevewool
25th June 2010, 15:16
welcome liz yes we all know tony and his trip to see you and then marry you , wow a lucky man, well to answer some of your questions you need it all on paper , you dont need every phone call or message just some from the beginning and middle and end , the house well i am not sure about that but others on here will give you advice :)

\\\ElizaTony///
25th June 2010, 15:52
ive save all his message from the start:heartshape1:

stevewool
25th June 2010, 16:02
thats nice we all save our messagers emma has lots me too

\\\ElizaTony///
25th June 2010, 16:06
:rolleyes:

scottishbride
25th June 2010, 21:46
hello all, some of you probly already know me, im tony`s wife, want to know what documents ect i need for the visa , i want to make a check list,
later today tony will go to my bro`s house to get the old flight ticket as we know they will be needed, tony was here for 6 weeks, will this be enough for the visa or will he need to visit me more, and as for the wedding pictures will these need to be printed off or will they be ok on a momory stick, same for messenger chats? will they need to be printed off? or is momery slick ok, will be alot of paper because we chat everyday:),
hopefuly tony will have a job soon and have regular income, my bro live there in uk, will this help with the visa,
at the moment tony is liveing with his mom, his mom rents the house off the housing assosiation but tony hopes to be renting his own place by next summer if all goes to plan, he will ask his mom when the time is right if we both can stay there but his mom is very strict and might say no,
thankyou in advance all.

Hi Eliza! Congratulations to you both! You have to print all your pictures and put it in album. Your chat and Yahoo mail needs to be print too. Plus you need to photocopy each of it.. I rememberred when I filed my application, I gave the British Embassy 101 email letters, 50 handwritten letters & our wedding pictures. You need to satisfy the ECO that your marriage relationship is genuine. Goodluck!

\\\ElizaTony///
26th June 2010, 01:02
how about phone messages

Arthur Little
26th June 2010, 01:54
Heartiest Congratulations on your :wedtoss:, Eliza ... and a warm :welcomex: to the forum. We're very much looking forward to viewing the photos taken during Tony's six weeks in the Phils ... in particular, the ones on the BIG DAY, itself!

Arthur Little
26th June 2010, 02:07
how about phone messages

Yes ... if each of you can keep a record of them, then so much the better! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marlyn&kenny
26th June 2010, 04:32
hello eliza! congrats on your wedding:xxgrinning--00xx3:

liane
26th June 2010, 07:17
Welcome to the forum Liz :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just keep on reading, there's much info in here and will be a great help for your future spouse visa application.
Congratulations as well on your wedding :Hellooo:

pennybarry
26th June 2010, 08:27
Your Marriage Certificate to be authenticated, Your birth certh, CFO, Barangay and NBI clearance would be helpful, your mom letter.

If MOm-in-law is strict, try it first. Don't be scared as if tony has good heart, his parents might be the same. :D Just be polite with them, don't be shy to them especially in telling your ideas and opinions.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
26th June 2010, 08:42
Where am I? :Erm:

\\\ElizaTony///
27th June 2010, 15:12
ok thank you po to all of you

Ladybug_sim
27th June 2010, 15:31
Warm welcome to a friendly forum and congrats to your wedding :Hellooo:

Just keep reading and update here I know you can get more info of what you want to know too ... good luck for a new life :xxgrinning--00xx3:

\\\ElizaTony///
28th June 2010, 16:09
thank youu so much and have a good day

\\\\ToNy////
28th June 2010, 23:10
your welcome wifey, every one is nice on this site, we would be lost without them, :mrstraetz: xxxx

bornatbirth
29th June 2010, 00:29
Where am I? :Erm:

cyber space :D

mechanic5_1
29th June 2010, 11:48
hello! gud pm.can anyone here could help about the documents we need in spouse visa?

5olidsnake
1st July 2010, 21:11
documents we supplied (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?25652-What-are-the-necessary-forms-and-paperwork-required-to-obtain-a-uk-spouce-s-visa)

MattfromCebu
4th July 2010, 13:01
Hi!

I've been going thru the forum and unfortunately havn't found anyone with the situation I have so I'm hoping you guys can help me here.

I'm a dual citizen of the U.K and Philippines. I was happily living and working for the past 5 years in the Philippines, I got married ( which is now 2 years ago ) and have a daughter who is now 3 years old and has also both british and filipino citizenship. My wife is yet on Filipino citizen.

Now 4 months ago my wife and I decided to try and live in the U.K cause I would like to give my wife and daughter the chance to know what it's like to live in the U.K. So we can then fairly compare where we would like to spend our futures in. Here or in the Philippines.

So now I'm back here in the U.K and I left my family in the Philippines because I havn't got anything here yet. A job + accomadation. BUT

here's what I am hoping is OK. MY father has got a great big house but he is currently carrying the rentbook. He lives alone in a 2 story, 3 bedroom house byhimself. Which would be great if my family could stay here that would save us from getting our own at the meantime. Would I need to carry and pay the rent myself for how many months to say the accomadation is mine or is a letter from my father to the embassy enough to prove I can accomodate my family?

A job I definitely need and will get hopefully next week. But in my case with a child left in the Philippines, do I need large wages and a bankstatement for 6 months yet till my wife can get a spouse visa? I really hope not.. I was hoping less than that in my case.

I hope u guys here can help me know more, cause the british embassy website can't really explain things easily. :)

Thanks in advance for the people who can help. God bless!

MattfromCebu
4th July 2010, 13:03
Hi!

I've been going thru the forum and unfortunately havn't found anyone with the situation I have so I'm hoping you guys can help me here.

I'm a dual citizen of the U.K and Philippines. I was happily living and working for the past 5 years in the Philippines, I got married ( which is now 2 years ago ) and have a daughter who is now 3 years old and has also both british and filipino citizenship. My wife is yet on Filipino citizen.

Now 4 months ago my wife and I decided to try and live in the U.K cause I would like to give my wife and daughter the chance to know what it's like to live in the U.K. So we can then fairly compare where we would like to spend our futures in. Here or in the Philippines.

So now I'm back here in the U.K and I left my family in the Philippines because I havn't got anything here yet. A job + accomadation. BUT

here's what I am hoping is OK. MY father has got a great big house but he is currently carrying the rentbook. He lives alone in a 2 story, 3 bedroom house byhimself. Which would be great if my family could stay here that would save us from getting our own at the meantime. Would I need to carry and pay the rent myself for how many months to say the accomadation is mine or is a letter from my father to the embassy enough to prove I can accomodate my family?

A job I definitely need and will get hopefully next week. But in my case with a child left in the Philippines, do I need large wages and a bankstatement for 6 months yet till my wife can get a spouse visa? I really hope not.. I was hoping less than that in my case.

I hope u guys here can help me know more, cause the british embassy website can't really explain things easily. :)

Thanks in advance for the people who can help. God bless!

joebloggs
4th July 2010, 16:22
you should be ok with a letter from your father stating he's sponsoring your accommodation

also i would have thought he would need to supply the following also-

Accommodation (renters) If the sponsor rents a flat or house, the tenancy agreement should be provided. If the applicant is not a signatory to the tenancy agreement, then an additional statement from the landlord (or estate agent) should be provided that attests to his agreement that the premises will be occupied by an additional person. If an existing tenancy agreement is to be used, it should have at least six months before expiry. If the tenancy agreement does not have at least six months before expiry, then an additional statement from the landlord showing intent to renew at the same terms should be provided.

Accommodation (sharing a house with others and co-sponsors offering accommodation) If the sponsor and the applicant intend to live in an accommodation with multiple occupants, the information shown for renters should be provided. Additionally, the applicant and sponsor should show that they will have exclusive access to a bedroom which is not used by anyone else. A bedroom is a room which is normally used as such and kitchens, bathrooms, and utility rooms do not qualify. A bedroom can be a family room or study which has been converted for exclusive access. Finally, a bedroom must be at least 50 square feet in dimension

# Rented accommodation If the accommodation is privately rented, the sponsor should submit a letter from the landlord that confirms both the size of the property and his agreement that an additional occupant may take up residence there. The sponsor should also include a copy of the tenancy agreement, and the tenancy agreement should have at least six months remaining until its expiry.

If the accommodation is owned by a local authority or council estate, a landlord's confirmation should also be obtained, but if this cannot be obtained a report from an independent surveyor which confirms the size and suitability of the premises can be submitted instead.

# Overcrowding The test for determining whether or not an accommodation is overcrowded is given in the IDI's (Chapter 8, S1 annex F, paragragh 6.3). It takes the form of a table which is reproduced below. To use the table, add up the number of occupants according to the following scheme: occupants under the age of one count as zero; occupants between one and ten years of age count as one-half; and occupants over the age of 10 count as a whole person.

Number of rooms - Permitted number of persons
1 - 2
2 - 3
3 - 5
4 - 7.5
5 - 10

yes you will need a job, with bank statements and pay slips for the last 6 months, and hopefully a few £1,000s in the bank..

\\\ElizaTony///
5th July 2010, 02:23
yup sweety thanks here,,,, love you

James Hubbard
5th July 2010, 03:24
ya, i think it may be a little bit problematic with the housing arrangements.

I myself needed to supply a solicitors' document stating that I own my house.

For renters, they need a rent book/rental agreement.

If you may or may not have a guaranteed place to live, then, it may work against you - from what i know.

I really hope that everything works out for you

but i think that if possible, your husband should get an address of his own and a rental agreement, so that you have a certain address, and that the ECO's will be certain of it too!

James Hubbard
5th July 2010, 03:26
with regards REQUIREMENTS ... you don't need to make a checklist, there is one already prepared by the visa people

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/images/Settlement_sponsored_by_spouse.pdf

That has everything you need.

joebloggs
5th July 2010, 10:56
there should be no problems with a parent sponsoring acommondation, as long as you provide the evidence asked for..

James Hubbard
5th July 2010, 12:51
there should be no problems with a parent sponsoring acommondation, as long as you provide the evidence asked for..

ya but the mom is strict and may not allow it, i thought she said that! but in fairness, i didn't read every post, so that may have changed lolz

mechanic5_1
5th July 2010, 13:40
what they mean about red ribbon?is it in marriages cert?

\\\ElizaTony///
5th July 2010, 17:50
yes and all important documents like diploma or everything

\\\ElizaTony///
5th July 2010, 17:55
huhu i really miss my husbannd ,, i hope is ok now i wish he is lucy today....
goodnyt,,,..

i love you my tony

James Hubbard
5th July 2010, 18:48
i wish he is lucy today

Who is she?

joebloggs
5th July 2010, 18:54
i wish he is lucy today....
goodnyt,,,..

i love you my tony

Who is she?

LUCY, looking in my crystal BALL , i think the lady mean't lucky, that he will find a job today :rolleyes:

James Hubbard
5th July 2010, 18:56
Ahh, I thought it may be Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds ;)

Or maybe he had "the change" from tony to lucy! You never know with young people these days!

\\\ElizaTony///
6th July 2010, 01:01
LUCY, looking in my crystal BALL , i think the lady mean't lucky, that he will find a job today :rolleyes:

yup sorry about the spelling!!! i mean its lucky

mechanic5_1
6th July 2010, 03:14
do u mean i could use my high school diploma,how much the fee of red ribbon and where we ask that one?

\\\ElizaTony///
10th July 2010, 02:29
i dunno yet

aposhark
10th July 2010, 07:52
Hi Eliza,

Congratulations on your wedding :wedtoss: :xxparty-smiley-050: :REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08:

At the top of the web page is a magnifying glass with an empty box to the left.

Put in "spouse visa" (without the quotation marks) and you will be reading many, many posts.

Best of luck to you and Tony with your spouse visa :Jump:

\\\ElizaTony///
16th July 2010, 02:18
thanks

stevewool
16th July 2010, 04:33
hi there eliza and tony , we have not heard from tony , we all wish him luck in finding work here, we hope you are fine too :)

James Hubbard
16th July 2010, 10:47
Originally Posted by Apo Shark:

At the top of the web page is a magnifying glass with an empty box to the left.

Put in "spouse visa" (without the quotation marks) and you will be reading many, many posts.

That is a perfect example of how it's done!
:icon_sorry::icon_sorry:

I hope you don't mind my genuflecting apo? :D

It was just so beautiful!

sars_notd_virus
16th July 2010, 11:38
what they mean about red ribbon?is it in marriages cert?

yes and all important documents like diploma or everything

I dont think u need red ribbon??marriage and birth certificate in NSO paper will do

\\\\ToNy////
16th July 2010, 13:50
hello all, im ok but feeling sad and not eating much these days, i miss liz so much, i realy need to be with her, ill try be more patient, we will be together oneday soon i hope

\\\ElizaTony///
17th July 2010, 04:27
happy monthsery sweety i miss u a lot... love you
i will cook pasta today for this especial day

\\\\ToNy////
17th July 2010, 08:23
happy monthsery sweety i miss u a lot... love you
i will cook pasta today for this especial day

yummy, save me some, happy monthsary sweety, love u so much
:kngt::anni-vi:

stevewool
17th July 2010, 08:30
hello tony and liz how is the job seaching going tony ,

\\\\ToNy////
17th July 2010, 18:09
hello tony and liz how is the job seaching going tony ,

ive been desparetly searching and on thursday i went to an induction with 3 other guys and the guy from the agency, the company makes gambling machines, used to be called maygay i think, looks perfect for me, is relaxed there and no silly conveyoer belts, on friday i contacted the agency to see if ill be needed there yet, nothing yet but he said my name is in the emergency book if im needed,
i been thinking of office work but it will be totaly new thing for me, ive done the clait course about 5 years ago and can get more courses but dont know which one to go for yet,
anyway hope your having a nice weekend now that the sun has come back:Hellooo:

stevie c
17th July 2010, 18:13
good luck tony with your job search im praying you will find work to apply for your spouse visa good luck mate:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
17th July 2010, 18:21
the weekends good thanks tony , just like you though missing our partners, a up whats this then steve c is this another steve c or you have found out how to put pictures on here :icon_lol::icon_lol:

stevie c
17th July 2010, 18:26
thought i better make the effort :laugher:

stevewool
17th July 2010, 18:33
thought i was seeing things mate :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
17th July 2010, 18:37
nyes you are your seeing me & florsel:laugher:

stevewool
17th July 2010, 18:48
a very pretty florsel if you dont mind me saying steve

stevie c
17th July 2010, 18:50
thank you steve i will tell her how about me lol:laugher:

\\\ElizaTony///
21st July 2010, 09:03
i miss him every minute of my life:heartshape1:

\\\\ToNy////
21st July 2010, 17:13
i miss him every minute of my life:heartshape1:
i :luv13: you more, im so lonely here, i wish i could see you even in my dream but not lucky enough yet, i should eat more pork and cheese to make my dreams go crazy and i might see you hehe,
:36_1_26[1]:im cold without you liz

James Hubbard
21st July 2010, 17:17
i feel like i am stuck in a big public love letter! ... don't get any saliva on me!

stevewool
21st July 2010, 17:18
hi tony well soon you will be together we all hope :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
21st July 2010, 18:10
thats it tony let it all out pour your heart out to your friends on this forum have a good cry if it helps mate my heart goes out to you & :bigcry:Eliza

\\\ElizaTony///
22nd July 2010, 14:46
everytime i think of u is so hurting,,, sometimes tears fall down un intentionally, is drivin me crazy without u huhu...

keithAngel
22nd July 2010, 21:51
Ah the twilight zone:icon_lol: