PDA

View Full Version : advice on visit/tourist visa requirements

purple
25th June 2010, 14:52
Hi all,

I will be re-applying for tourist visa again in couple of weeks. Though me and my fiance are planning on getting married next month.

My question for those who have been given a visit visa, do the uk border agency honer the declaration of properties? Like declaration of ownership? my mum has some properties and I am in the middle of transfering it to my name. I do have a job but it is homebased (virtual personal assistant) My boss is in the US. The reason I was denied before was that the eco thinks that my intention wasn't genuine when in fact I have no reason to stay in the UK except for my husband to be. My mum is also married to a british national for 18 years (my dad died when I was only 2 years old) and even she doesn't want to stay in the UK not even my stepfather.

Anyway, will someone tell me what should I do? my soon to be husband is scheduled to go back to UK on Sept and wants me to take with him and will come back here around december.

Any concrete advice I can get from here? As I understand that the ECO does have different ways of thinking rather than have this logic of having a sponsor i.e. b/f, fiance, spouse in the first place.Thanks in advance.

darren-b
25th June 2010, 17:38
To be honest property in your name (especially recently transfered) isn't really going to help that much.

Tourist visas are not always granted, and it's not always obvious why they are or aren't granted.

Your best chance of getting one is once you are married showing that your husband isn't planning to stay in the UK. Though if you can't prove this then it would be unlikely that you would get a visa.

One thing is did you mention your british bf when you previously applied? If you didn't it is likely to go against you if you now mention him.

purple
25th June 2010, 19:11
One thing is did you mention your british bf when you previously applied? If you didn't it is likely to go against you if you now mention him.

Yes he is mentioned, that is the only reason why I applied for tourist visa anyway is to visit him. He showed proofs of sponsorship but the ECO explained that is more of my ties here in the Philippines. I would even prefer to be interviewed rather than judging by the documents for God knows that a lot of filipinos who are now in the UK (supplied docs) have overstayed.

Any ideas anyone?

malditako
30th June 2010, 07:26
u may start on the reason why they denied you last time and do ur paper work from there...making a short personal letter together with your application stating ur intention would help a bit i guess..who knows...theres nothing to loose reapplying again isn't it than not trying at all..goodluck to you

purple
23rd July 2010, 14:24
thanks so much for encouragement. that really helps..
we'll have a think of it though because looking at the CEO's perspective, why not apply for spousal visa instead since we are planning to get married in 10 days time.

malditako
25th July 2010, 18:47
simply write on that its only a short visit and no intention to stay longer at the moment and applying for spouse visa is not a pratical way to do just to have a pass entering UK as it is too costly just for a short visit...goodluck to u :)

purple
29th July 2010, 18:10
simply write on that its only a short visit and no intention to stay longer at the moment and applying for spouse visa is not a pratical way to do just to have a pass entering UK as it is too costly just for a short visit...goodluck to u :)

Thank you so much for the advice gparry. your advice is sensible and a good point to let the CEO know about it too.