PDA

View Full Version : Interim cap on non-EU migrant workers coming to UK

joebloggs
26th June 2010, 07:53
A temporary limit on the number of migrant workers from outside the EU allowed into the UK is to be introduced ahead of a planned permanent cap.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10422895.stm

stevewool
26th June 2010, 08:28
great so does this mean i better get my finger out to get emma married as soon as she gets here then aply for the flr

KeithD
26th June 2010, 08:32
great so does this mean i better get my finger out to get emma married as soon as she gets here then aply for the flr

Only if you'll be employing her as a slave :xxaction-smiley-047 :cwm24:

joebloggs
26th June 2010, 08:32
nope it doesn't include spouses of Brits
only economic migrants

joebloggs
26th June 2010, 08:36
Only if you'll be employing her as a slave :xxaction-smiley-047 :cwm24:

but i do :yikes:
sent her out this morning 7:30am for another 12hr shift, she be back 9pm tonight :D

party time scouser keith, you bring the dvds :Sex:, dom said he bring the :Wine::66: and rob will bring his pet :sheep:

stevewool
26th June 2010, 08:46
indeed i might

IainBusby
2nd July 2010, 14:45
it doesn't include spouses of Brits

Not yet anyway, but from what they tories have already said, this is just stage one and I think the next stage will be students. But they did say they would introduce an absolute cap on the numbers of migrants from outside the EU and as far as I'm aware they did not exclude wives, fiancees or any other particular group of migrants when they announced this policy.

joebloggs
2nd July 2010, 17:55
Not yet anyway, but from what they tories have already said, this is just stage one and I think the next stage will be students. But they did say they would introduce an absolute cap on the numbers of migrants from outside the EU and as far as I'm aware they did not exclude wives, fiancees or any other particular group of migrants when they announced this policy.

:NoNo: no they never will with spouses , no party will do that, they never have before and never will :NoNo:

the gov/unis make money from non EU students

they will just make it harder to get a tier 1 or 2 visa.

stevie c
2nd July 2010, 18:44
thanks joebloggs i was getting worried after reading there might be a cap on spouse settlements its a relief to know that will never happen as i get married in the phils in september & then will apply for my wifes spouse visa:doh

joebloggs
2nd July 2010, 22:33
all the restrictions are on economic immigrants, the only thing any gov here will do is make the visa process longer, more expensive and difficult to get (taking biometrics and an english test, rise the visa fee, increase age to 21 etc..) but you'll get there in the end :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
3rd July 2010, 09:57
Heard this morning that the world's oldest [authenticated] person had died at the age of 115 in the US. By all accounts, she was still lucid right up until the time of her death ... and attributed her longevity to the tender ministrations of the Filipina Careworker who'd looked after her - almost exclusively - for the last 20-odd years of her life. Well ... I guess that says it all ... ! Mind you, with a projected increase in the ageing population worldwide - and a corresponding rise in the number of pensions payable to the elderly - it's not exactly the sort of situation likely to appeal to Governments anywhere. :NoNo:

Arthur Little
3rd July 2010, 10:16
party time scouser keith, you bring the dvds :Sex:, dom said he bring the :Wine::66: and rob will bring his pet :sheep:

:sorry-2:, guys ... will have to give the "jollies" a miss ... no :Wine::66: or :party-smiley-012: for 14 days ... as I'm on antibiotics!!!

somebody
3rd July 2010, 17:21
:NoNo: no they never will with spouses , no party will do that, they never have before and never will :NoNo:

the gov/unis make money from non EU students

they will just make it harder to get a tier 1 or 2 visa.

Word Spouses I think is un/Eu law and such a hot potato locally with especially the Indian Community among others who most likely could and would destroy any party who tried to bring that policy in.

Students will be intresting all though a massive money earner as Joe says Im pretty sure they will bring in some sort of ideas to try and ensure fewer ilegal overstayers and those abused such as many phill careworkers who are here as students but work 12 hour shifts many times a week and well over the amount of hours they should do..