PDA

View Full Version : Armed Forces Marchpast

Pete/London
27th June 2010, 13:05
Just watched the march past in front of a very supportive public. Young army and navy cadets put in an appearance as well all led by Scottish pipers.

Ian Duncan-Smith found the time to join the march as well. Good on you boys and girls WELL DONE:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
28th June 2010, 09:41
Why was our Prince in the US with their forces when it was our Forces Day? :Erm:

Dedworth
28th June 2010, 12:52
Why was our Prince in the US with their forces when it was our Forces Day? :Erm:

Possibly showing support for a Nato member prepared to put their armed forces into the Afghan front line unlike some of the other spineless "allies" who restrict their forces to guarding the duty free shop at Kabul airport

bornatbirth
28th June 2010, 12:54
i think the royal family have they're plans given to them :Erm:

KeithD
28th June 2010, 13:51
But it was OUR armed forces we were supporting on a special day set aside just for OUR armed forces :doh

Dedworth
28th June 2010, 14:26
But it was OUR armed forces we were supporting on a special day set aside just for OUR armed forces :doh

:Erm: So every other member of the Royal Family was present were they or were they on some other engagements, having a day off etc etc ?

les_taxi
28th June 2010, 14:37
Let's not start having a go at royal family now,harry can't wait to get back to afghanistan.

Good to see it well supported and it puts all this football nonsense in perspective.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
28th June 2010, 14:59
Let's not start having a go at royal family now,harry can't wait to get back to afghanistan.

Good to see it well supported and it puts all this football nonsense in perspective.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I agree Les the whereabouts of the bulk of the Royal Family is largely irrelevant. I stand by my assertion that a lot of the Nato nations bottle out when it comes to putting their forces into combat situations - that conflict is being bravely fought by US,Brit, Canadian, Australian (non Nato), Dutch, Danish and a few Eastern European nations. The same situation applied in Iraq.

les_taxi
28th June 2010, 16:12
I agree Les the whereabouts of the bulk of the Royal Family is largely irrelevant. I stand by my assertion that a lot of the Nato nations bottle out when it comes to putting their forces into combat situations - that conflict is being bravely fought by US,Brit, Canadian, Australian (non Nato), Dutch, Danish and a few Eastern European nations. The same situation applied in Iraq.

I'm with you on this one:xxgrinning--00xx3: