PDA

View Full Version : incorrect birth date in nhs medical card

malditako
28th June 2010, 17:17
found out that my birth date in medical card was typed incorrectly...they put 1 instead of 11 (january instead of november) :doh so obviously it was a typo error. do i need to be bother about it? i was thinking it might complicate my documents when applying for ILR in the future. just want to get opinion here before going to the health center where i am registered soon as possible. :) to have my details corrected.

Ann07
28th June 2010, 17:32
found out that my birth date in medical card was typed incorrectly...they put 1 instead of 11 (january instead of november) :doh so obviously it was a typo error. do i need to be bother about it? i was thinking it might complication my documents when applying for ILR in the future. just want to get opinion here before going to the health center where i am registered soon as possible. :) to have my details corrected.

Better have it corrected coz they might put the wrong details in the system as well. Goodluck:)

johncar54
28th June 2010, 17:37
I just got our EHC and noticed that they had missed my wife's second surname. I called them and they are now sending a replacement.

In this case I would get it altered, maybe just a phone call like me. Could save problems later down the line somewhere.

Arthur Little
28th June 2010, 19:24
found out that my birth date in medical card was typed incorrectly...they put 1 instead of 11 (january instead of november) :doh so obviously it was a typo error. do i need to be bother about it? i was thinking it might complication my documents when applying for ILR in the future. just want to get opinion here before going to the health center where i am registered soon as possible. :) to have my details corrected.

Seems such a trivial error ... one would think it hardly worth bothering about, Grace.:anerikke: But, knowing how pedantic Officialdom can BE, :iagree: it's best having it rectified ... even if just to be on the safe side! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

estherboaz
28th June 2010, 20:52
it was really a typo error.you could go to the surgery where you registered and show the proof of your birthdate so that they could change it in the system.if you want a replacement card, you could fill up a medical card application form.

malditako
29th June 2010, 00:18
"complicate" i mean lol

malditako
2nd August 2010, 11:01
all sorted now..got my new medical card with correct birthdate :)

KeithD
2nd August 2010, 13:54
:xxgrinning--00xx3: You could have just had 2 birthdays a year :)

Arthur Little
2nd August 2010, 18:27
all sorted now..got my new medical card with correct birthdate :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... now you can relax.

Arthur Little
2nd August 2010, 18:30

:icon_lol: ... like the Queen has?

malditako
2nd August 2010, 23:18
:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... now you can relax.

not yet...next is my national insurance number...got a call for tax credit benefits officer saying they cannot process my husbands claim as i dont have national insurance number..I called the number to apply for one and they said that they cannot help me as they only processing those whose applying for job...(and im not at the moment). They gave me numbers to call but its just the same..they cannot assist me..so i said to hubby to do it for me as it is so irritating passing from one person to another...so hubby phone them up again and finally gave as refference number and sent me an application form dated July 26..I sent the application back july 31 and just today i received a letter of appointment letter for interview dated July 30...it makes me confused as what i have read on the application if i have a visa and right to work here in UKwhich was issued in a foreign land i do not need an interview unless theres something on my application which is not clear to them...was thinking the tax credit office was arranged an interview for me to have an NI while us applied for one at the same time...:doh

malditako
2nd August 2010, 23:21

too expensive to have two birthdays as it means two celebration in a year lol...dont think hubby would be happy with that :icon_lol:

KeithD
3rd August 2010, 09:43
..... They gave me numbers to call but its just the same..they cannot assist me..so i said to hubby to do it for me as it is so irritating passing from one person to another..
Are they still doing this? :doh Same problem 10 years ago :NoNo:

Anyone else has this problem in the future, got to your local DWP/DSS/or whatever the :furious3: it's called these days, and take the refusal letter stating you need one. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stem298
3rd August 2010, 10:14
hi grace emma here...good that youve done something to it right away..might encounter such in the future now i know what to do..:) c you on saturday!

bornatbirth
3rd August 2010, 10:17
go to or phone your local job centre and they will give you the phone number to get your NI number, it should take a week :D

malditako
3rd August 2010, 11:20
hi grace emma here...good that youve done something to it right away..might encounter such in the future now i know what to do..:) c you on saturday!

see you emma and steve on saturday :)...best time i guess is after launch as we always wake up late weekend...does steve have an idea now where our house is located? :)

malditako
3rd August 2010, 11:29
go to or phone your local job centre and they will give you the phone number to get your NI number, it should take a week :D

nearly settle just that i wondering if i still need to attend that interview...how come they called me an interview with a letter dated july 30 whereas i posted my application july 31 :NoNo:...they should have checked my application first and see if theres something unclear with it...what an inconsistency :doh

bornatbirth
3rd August 2010, 11:37
then maybe the tax credits arranged it for you :Erm:

different counties or parts of the NI do and dont require a interview, why not get the NI first and get the tax credits?

malditako
3rd August 2010, 11:42
then maybe the tax credits arranged it for you :Erm:

different counties or parts of the NI do and dont require a interview, why not get the NI first and get the tax credits?

thats what im thinking..that tax credits arranged one for me while us applied for one at the same time..i will call them soon just giving them sometime for them to received my application and have them checked it with that they can decide wether i need an interview or not :)

Arthur Little
3rd August 2010, 11:43
not yet...next is my national insurance number ...

... simply go along to your local Jobcentre Plus - with your Passport - and ask for an appropriate form to fill up; complete, sign and return it to the same address. All being well, you will receive notification of your NI Number approximately one week later. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stem298
3rd August 2010, 18:11
yeah indeed steve knows already where your home is located so no problem will just pop in after lunch..:)

malditako
4th August 2010, 07:01
just an update..so we called the jobcentre and they said the tax credit arranged an interview for me...we're claiming benefits so they just wanna know that i am really existing and here in the UK lol...

malditako
7th August 2010, 08:39
got my national insurance number yesterday...just waiting for for the card...but interview on tuesday?:doh

sars_notd_virus
7th August 2010, 12:38
got my national insurance number yesterday...just waiting for for the card...but interview on tuesday?:doh

so happy for you sis,,,i get all excited with a job waiting for me too...goodluck on your interview on tuesday:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th August 2010, 13:55

A double bonus ... Good Luck on Tuesday, Grace!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th August 2010, 14:12
i get all excited with a job waiting for me too...

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... great news, Mari ... all the best to YOU also ... when d'you start!?