PDA

View Full Version : do you think it would help

junior02
5th July 2010, 19:55
hi. im going 2 phils in october and my wife will submit her application 4 settlement visa, i went to are local catholic school 2day and asked them if they could wright a letter 4 me stating that my 2 kids would b able 2 go 2 ther school wen they are in uk,( my wife wants them to go 2 catholic school), they were very helpfull at schoo land said yes, after i gave them some details, ie photo copy of brit birth cert and baptismal cert, anybody on forum no if this would help or was it wast of time. ive been trying to get extra documents because my finances are not 2 strong( as had to take a low paying job so cant save to much every week after returning from phils this year after 3years because kids got v sick that cost me thousounds of pounds in medical bills and my construction business went bust due 2 recesion). any advice would be extremley helpfull. thanks

joebloggs
6th July 2010, 06:03
i would have thought it will not help much, i take it their your kids and not step kids? if they are yours then they should be able to apply for a British passport ( i take it your a brit and born in the uk), your problem is your wife and not your kids..

supporting her 'without recourse to public funds'

junior02
6th July 2010, 13:18
i would have thought it will not help much, i take it their your kids and not step kids? if they are yours then they should be able to apply for a British passport ( i take it your a brit and born in the uk), your problem is your wife and not your kids..

supporting her 'without recourse to public funds'

thanks for reply. yes kids are mine and they have british passports and also british birth certs and i am a brit born in uk. i just thought it mite help that i got kids a place in local school as extra supporting documents to show that im planning for the future, but like you said its my wife and not the kids appling for visa, i am working and saving a little every week and will have about £4000 savings i hope they see that as being enough spare cash, also hope they take into account the money im sending 2 my family every month and that would be extra cash i will have wen they are here. but have wait and see, it seems like the brit embassy want you 2 be a millionare to bring your wife to uk now. i envey all the guys that already have cuz extreamly hard now and getting harder all the time.

joebloggs
6th July 2010, 13:35
nope i dont think its harder than when i applied for a visa for my wife 6yrs ago, still needed to provide the same evidence as now..