PDA

View Full Version : which visa

chefkc
9th July 2010, 08:20
Hello group.Information of Visa to Uk. My wife and daughter need to visa uk for my 40th.I dont live at home in uk and dont plan to at the moment to move back.So we are all just visiting.What visa does my wife need?Family one? And what informatio n is need.
thx for your help

shedz89
9th July 2010, 08:35
need the fiancee visa! just like me.. http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/applying-in-philippines u can click that if u want some information!

malditako
9th July 2010, 12:45
can consider tourist visa for them..i think

-sillybilly-
9th July 2010, 12:52
need the fiancee visa! just like me.. http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/applying-in-philippines u can click that if u want some information!

Why would she get a fiancee visa when they are already married?

-sillybilly-
9th July 2010, 13:00
Hello group.Information of Visa to Uk. My wife and daughter need to visa uk for my 40th.I dont live at home in uk and dont plan to at the moment to move back.So we are all just visiting.What visa does my wife need?Family one? And what informatio n is need.
thx for your help

It would be best if your wife and daughter will get a visit visa which is valid for 6 months.

If you are a british national but not settle in the uk you might have a problem with your accommodation and need to show them proofs of finances that you can support your stay in the UK.

if you have a friend or relatives then maybe you can ask them to make a supporting letter stating that you are all welcome to stay with them for your holiday.

And make a supporting document as well stating your main purpose.

Hope that helps.:)

Arthur Little
9th July 2010, 14:36
thx for your help

:welcomex: to the forum. Normally, I would be hesitant in recommending anyone applies for a tourist-type visa ... due to the success rate being notoriously low in proportion to the number of applications submitted. However, I'm assuming the three of you are living together as a family in the Phils and - since you have no immediate plans to settle in the UK - it would seem feasible that your wife and daughter could well be granted a short-term 'Family Visit' Visa IF:

1. You explain the reason(s) for your visit, i.e. to spend your 40th birthday with relatives/friends domiciled in the UK ... making it clear that the three of you fully intend to return to the Philippines afterwards

2. You appoint one of your UK-based relatives/friends to act as sponsor ... to declare that he/she is willing to provide suitable accommodation for each of you during your proposed visit

3. You can provide proof of being in a position to support your wife and daughter financially [6 months' worth of solvent bank statements is usually needed] ... without recourse to public funds

Good Luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
9th July 2010, 14:50
I Have an English friend married to a Filipino for a about a year. They live in Spain. A couple of months ago they got an Irish Visitors visa as they were going to Ireland for a holiday; It was free as he was a Brit and done in the post (Unlike UK).

They then applied for a UK visitors visa, as they were going to spend a few days there, during their trip, had to go the Madrid for an interview and pay around 100 euros, but it was granted without any difficult questions or problems and my friend was present during the interview (first application, got a 6 month multi-entry visa).

Arthur Little
9th July 2010, 15:29
first application, got a 6 month multi-entry visa

One of our members, here was [fairly] recently granted a UK multiple-entry visa, I understand ... her SECOND in a 12 month period ... to be with her English boyfriend. :holiday08:

stevie c
19th July 2010, 19:56
Very lucky girl its difficult enough to get a six month visitor visa but good luck to her:xxgrinning--00xx3: