PDA

View Full Version : ILOCANOS (Home of Hundred Islands)

gecko_pikachu
9th July 2010, 18:44
Is there any Ilocanos here or anyone who knows how to speak Ilocano?

I'm from Alaminos City, Pangasinan and it'll be great to chat with fellow Ilocanos online.. :NoNo:

-sillybilly-
9th July 2010, 22:07
Is there any Ilocanos here or anyone who knows how to speak Ilocano?

I'm from Alaminos City, Pangasinan and it'll be great to chat with fellow Ilocanos online.. :NoNo:

Hello! Hello! Hello!
Im from pangasinan too..in a little town called pozorrubio. Ive been to hundred islands many years ago...
i can speak a little ilocano and pangasinan but mostly tagalog.

Nice to meet you here ms gecko_pikachu!

Take care and god bless!

gecko_pikachu
10th July 2010, 09:57
It's nice to hear from you sillybilly... have you got facebook so we can also keep in touch there? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I haven't been to Pozorrubio.. do you speak pangasinense there? I can't speak and can't understand Pangasinense lol! but I'm fluent with Ilocano as it's the main dialect in Alaminos. But having said that, a lot of Alaminians now usually speak Tagalog hehe!

I was just wondering where do you live? Are you in the Philippines? I miss Pangasinan :NoNo:

laurel
10th July 2010, 10:20
My gf spks fluent Ilocano, but shes in Baguio not on here. I think she has taught me some Ilocano, but she slips in and out of Tagalog/ Ilocano im not sure at times which is which.
Ok goodluck wen?:)

gecko_pikachu
10th July 2010, 10:25
My gf spks fluent Ilocano, but shes in Baguio not on here. I think she has taught me some Ilocano, but she slips in and out of Tagalog/ Ilocano im not sure at times which is which.
Ok goodluck wen?:)

Well, I'm not really bothered whether she's from Baguio or somewhere else from the Northern Philippines as long as she can speak Ilocano. I have a realation in Baguio :).. I've been there before and wanted to visit the place when I'm back home hopefully this year.

Wen ah namayat no adda katungtong ko nga Ilocano. I was wondering if you can understand that hehe!.. let me know :yikes:

laurel
10th July 2010, 10:34
Wen ah namayat no adda katungtong ko nga Ilocano

You gotta be kidding cant understand that , im just picking up one or two words , altho i do surprise myself at times with what i remember, but reading it ? I havent a clue.....i often joke to my gf that when she's in full flow talking with her family etc that she sounds like a machine gun , plenty of naka nak nak nak , well thats what it sounds like to me anyway, ill have to get off my obut and try to learn more

marlyn&kenny
10th July 2010, 10:41
hello im ilocano !!!! marlyn here:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

gecko_pikachu
10th July 2010, 10:48
Wen ah namayat no adda katungtong ko nga Ilocano

It means: Oh yes it's nice to have a talk with Ilocano

hehe! sorry about that.. it's a bit complicated for you:icon_lol: I understand don't worry..

I can't believe my hubby also thinks the same everytime I do talk Ilocano to my family back home. :doh My brother's wife studied in Baguio City as well as my cousin in University of the Philippines, Baguio.

gecko_pikachu
10th July 2010, 10:50
hello im ilocano !!!! marlyn here:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Hi Marlyn,

Ilocano ka met?????

-sillybilly-
10th July 2010, 11:54
It's nice to hear from you sillybilly... have you got facebook so we can also keep in touch there? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I haven't been to Pozorrubio.. do you speak pangasinense there? I can't speak and can't understand Pangasinense lol! but I'm fluent with Ilocano as it's the main dialect in Alaminos. But having said that, a lot of Alaminians now usually speak Tagalog hehe!

I was just wondering where do you live? Are you in the Philippines? I miss Pangasinan :NoNo:

Wen adadtoy ak pangasinan.
I find it hard to speak ilocano but i can pick up a little bit.
and yes i have a facebook. if you give me your acct name then i can have a look and add you up.:)

gecko_pikachu
10th July 2010, 12:22
it doesn't really matter if you can't speak ilocano, we can still be friends hehe!

Are you married to Englishman?

Here's my name on facebook: Venus Bernas-Walsh

...how's Pangasinan? miss ko na tlga jan lalo n pagkain.

-sillybilly-
10th July 2010, 12:42
it doesn't really matter if you can't speak ilocano, we can still be friends hehe!

Are you married to Englishman?

Here's my name on facebook: Venus Bernas-Walsh

...how's Pangasinan? miss ko na tlga jan lalo n pagkain.

Pangasinan still the same...well here in my town..dont know about the rest.
so when are you planning to come to the Philippines for a holiday? its a good break for you.....

gecko_pikachu
10th July 2010, 13:12
hopefully on November.. i can't wait! It's been 6years since I left so it's like a dream come true for me to come home soon :Rasp:

I love the countryside but we also have a place in Taguig so I'll be also looking forward to explore a bit of Manila. My hubby loves Intramuros as he stayed in Hotel Intramuros when we first met. It reminded him of England. :crazy: