PDA

View Full Version : Plans are coming together for August

Englishman2010
25th July 2010, 19:27
Everything is starting to come together for my trip to the P.I's in August following my enforced change of itinerary. I'm going to Manila for a couple of days to meet a new 'friend';), then over to Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia for 6 days to see some ex-pat friends, then back to Manila for 6 days and down to Puerto Galera and Oriental Mindoro to see my 'friends' hometown.
Roll on the 20th when I get back into NAIA:)

alanmf1
25th July 2010, 19:28
Very jealous..........:hubbahubba:

Englishman2010
25th July 2010, 19:29
Hi Alan, I hope things are looking a bit better for you now:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
25th July 2010, 19:48
wow sounds very good there ian lots to do and see, like alan very jealous but only till saturday :xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanmf1
25th July 2010, 20:16
Now u r just rubbing salt in my wounds Steve..:NoNo: Very jealous of u 2:xxgrinning--00xx3: Enjoy ur week b4 Emma's arrival!!:Jump:

stevie c
25th July 2010, 20:20
Now u r just rubbing salt in my wounds Steve..:NoNo: Very jealous of u 2:xxgrinning--00xx3: Enjoy ur week b4 Emma's arrival!!:Jump:

soon it will be our turn alan chin up:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
25th July 2010, 20:26
Everything is starting to come together for my trip to the P.I's in August following my enforced change of itinerary. I'm going to Manila for a couple of days to meet a new 'friend';), then over to Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia for 6 days to see some ex-pat friends, then back to Manila for 6 days and down to Puerto Galera and Oriental Mindoro to see my 'friends' hometown.
Roll on the 20th when I get back into NAIA:)

Excellent ! Sounds like things are falling into place, don't forget to send a postcard to your "former" :D

stevewool
25th July 2010, 20:29
indeed lads it will happen to us all , but i am looking forward to emma coming ,but i think there might be a fly in the ointment coming my way:yikes:

Englishman2010
25th July 2010, 21:13
Excellent ! Sounds like things are falling into place, don't forget to send a postcard to your "former" :D

I was going to post lots of photo's on Facebook when I came home, but as it turns out I actually deleted the former a few days ago after I had been warned she was going through my Filipina friends and trying to add the ones where it looks like there might be something going on:crazy:

gecko_pikachu
25th July 2010, 21:23
Can I come with you? :D

Puerto Galera is such a nice place. I've been to a little town by a slow, big ship in Oriental Mindoro where my bestfriend lives. I loved the place!!!

One more week and it's August so I wish you goodluck on your trip.

Fingers crossed you'll enjoy your holidays and no typhoon whilst you're there.

Where in Manila are you going? Do you know somebody from there?

Englishman2010
25th July 2010, 21:36
Can I come with you? :D

Puerto Galera is such a nice place. I've been to a little town by a slow, big ship in Oriental Mindoro where my bestfriend lives. I loved the place!!!

One more week and it's August so I wish you goodluck on your trip.

Fingers crossed you'll enjoy your holidays and no typhoon whilst you're there.

Where in Manila are you going? Do you know somebody from there?

Of course you can, why not:icon_lol: I'm sure your husband might be a problem though:yikes:

I am really looking fwd to it and counting down my days now, and hopefully the weather will be ok. I always stay in Ermita when I'm in Manila, but my friend lives in Cavite and works in Makati, although her family home is in Oriental Mindoro, so we are going down to Puerto Galera on the way to her family home.

James Hubbard
25th July 2010, 21:50
Of course you can, why not:icon_lol: I'm sure your husband might be a problem though:yikes:

I am really looking fwd to it and counting down my days now, and hopefully the weather will be ok. I always stay in Ermita when I'm in Manila, but my friend lives in Cavite and works in Makati, although her family home is in Oriental Mindoro, so we are going down to Puerto Galera on the way to her family home.

Do you stay in the "Pearl" by any chance when you're at Ermita? The guard there, nice guy, called Canoy :) ... chatted with him in Bisaya the last time I was there ... his family are from close to the city where i lived in Negros Oriental!

gecko_pikachu
25th July 2010, 21:53
It's been 6 years that I'm longing to come back home... still not so sure about coming home this year, everything is too comlplicated I want to scream! :bigcry:

I know there are a quite few foreigners in Ermita. I remember when I passed there one time and I've seen this fish and chips shop. I wonder if it's still exist. I want to go there and have a go and taste the Philippine version of the English fish and chips as it's one of my faves :Rasp:

My family lives in Taguig and it's not far away from Cavite.

I did chat here with somebody from Cavite but can't remember her name now, is she your friend? Maybe if you mention a name i will remember...:76:

James Hubbard
25th July 2010, 22:00
you haven't had a holiday to the Phils for 6 years?? :yikes::yikes:

gecko_pikachu
25th July 2010, 22:05
you haven't had a holiday to the Phils for 6 years?? :yikes::yikes:

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :airline:for 6 years!
.... due to FINANCIAL problem!!!! I'm so fed up waiting :smileybigangry:
I reached to the point that I seriously need DONATION! :D

James Hubbard
25th July 2010, 22:11
Gosh, very sorry to hear that! You must feel terrible about it ...

do u know when u will be able to go?

JH.

Englishman2010
25th July 2010, 22:13
James - I usually stay at the Best Western in Ermita, it's a great hotel for the price and highly recommended, but this time I am staying at the Lotus Garden which I have heard is just as good and similarly priced.

Gecko - My friend is not a member of the forum (yet), although she is one of my FB friends if anyone who has added me wants to take a stab in the dark:). I'm not giving too much away just yet as we have been getting on great for the last couple of weeks and I don't want to tempt fate. I hope that you manage to get back home to see your family and friends soon, that must be hard for you not seeing them for so long.

gecko_pikachu
25th July 2010, 22:20
Gosh, very sorry to hear that! You must feel terrible about it ...

do u know when u will be able to go?

JH.

I'm insisting my husband about coming home this year but he's not so sure about it yet and that made me so upset this morning :bigcry:

Poor me don't know what else to do hay!

Hope it will happen this year or early next year though! :pray:

James Hubbard
25th July 2010, 22:23
I'm insisting my husband about coming home this year but he's not so sure about it yet and that made me so upset this morning :bigcry:

Poor me don't know what else to do hay!

Hope it will happen this year or early next year though! :pray:

ya

i guess you better start saving! :)

gecko_pikachu
25th July 2010, 22:26
James - I usually stay at the Best Western in Ermita, it's a great hotel for the price and highly recommended, but this time I am staying at the Lotus Garden which I have heard is just as good and similarly priced.

Gecko - My friend is not a member of the forum (yet), although she is one of my FB friends if anyone who has added me wants to take a stab in the dark:). I'm not giving too much away just yet as we have been getting on great for the last couple of weeks and I don't want to tempt fate. I hope that you manage to get back home to see your family and friends soon, that must be hard for you not seeing them for so long.

Don't worry I've got a feeling it wasn't yor friend then. Hope everything goes well with you and your friend when you meet :lovecouple: Goodluck!

gecko_pikachu
25th July 2010, 22:28
ya

i guess you better start saving! :)

Yes James. I do hehe! :D Philippines, Philippines I miss you so much!!!! :palm-tree::REDancedancer08:

-sillybilly-
25th July 2010, 22:31
NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :airline:for 6 years!
.... due to FINANCIAL problem!!!! I'm so fed up waiting :smileybigangry:
I reached to the point that I seriously need DONATION! :D

Pray that i get my visa soon as im thinking to get a return flight as its cheaper then i can give you the flight back to Philippines so you just have to buy a single ticket back to the UK whenever you want! Hows that Venus?:D:D

James Hubbard
25th July 2010, 22:40
wow, 'reese, did u just offer to give V a ticket to Pinas?

-sillybilly-
25th July 2010, 23:37
wow, 'reese, did u just offer to give V a ticket to Pinas?

Yes James!
Its cheaper to get a return flight so hopefully when i get my visa i will give V the ticket way to Phils.
If shes ok with that! :):)

James Hubbard
25th July 2010, 23:39
wow,

that's a lovely generous thing to do :)

If i was V, i would be "biting your hand off" right now.

only problem being is that it will be in 'reese name and not V! I guess it's cheap enough to change name of passenger!??

-sillybilly-
25th July 2010, 23:46
wow,

that's a lovely generous thing to do :)

If i was V, i would be "biting your hand off" right now.

only problem being is that it will be in 'reese name and not V! I guess it's cheap enough to change name of passenger!??

Just need to find out if the ticket is transferrable....im willing to give her my ticket...i know shes so homesick now.
If shes aint far i'd some and see her in the UK. :)

mistermatty
26th July 2010, 07:53
Puerto Galera is nice , went there this May and had a great time , highlight was renting a Banca Boat for the day at the sum of 1500 peso and havin the boatman take us to white sandy beaches and seeing the most amazing coral , a fantastic time for sure .

I even hired a motobike and went out to the waterfalls and drove around some small villiages etc etc a memorable time thats for sure .

James Hubbard
26th July 2010, 12:57
Sounds like u had a great time matt :)

pennybarry
26th July 2010, 17:56
I was going to post lots of photo's on Facebook when I came home, but as it turns out I actually deleted the former a few days ago after I had been warned she was going through my Filipina friends and trying to add the ones where it looks like there might be something going on:crazy:

Enjoy your stay Ian! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Is she aware? :icon_lol::D

rani
26th July 2010, 18:05
so glad to hear that you finally get over with the old one and i really hope that you will have a great holidays here in the philippines together with your new found "friend".. all the best ian!!! :Jump:

Englishman2010
26th July 2010, 20:25
Puerto Galera is nice , went there this May and had a great time , highlight was renting a Banca Boat for the day at the sum of 1500 peso and havin the boatman take us to white sandy beaches and seeing the most amazing coral , a fantastic time for sure .

I even hired a motobike and went out to the waterfalls and drove around some small villiages etc etc a memorable time thats for sure .

Great tip Matt, many thanks:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
26th July 2010, 20:29
Enjoy your stay Ian! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Is she aware? :icon_lol::D

She's not aware I know, but fortunately my friends tipped me off. I thought it best to let sleeping dogs lie and ignore it. I'm not going to achieve anything, other than causing myself more grief by asking what she is doing

Englishman2010
26th July 2010, 20:36
so glad to hear that you finally get over with the old one and i really hope that you will have a great holidays here in the philippines together with your new found "friend".. all the best ian!!! :Jump:

Thanks Rani :xxgrinning--00xx3: I will certainly do my best to have a great time. This will be my third trip to the Philippines this year and I'm feeling very confident that it will be my best to date :)