PDA

View Full Version : Just want to confirm

scottishbride
27th July 2010, 21:00
Apologies to everyone... I know this question has been asked many times. But I would like to confirm it please. My spouse visa is valid from 05/12/09 - 05/03/12. I arrived in UK December 18, 2009. So is this means that my visa will expire Dec 18, 2011? And can apply ILR 28 days before it expire so that would be Nov 21, 2011? I will appreciate any reply. Thank you..:)

James Hubbard
27th July 2010, 21:04
Is your visa not valid until 05 March 2012?:Erm:

scottishbride
27th July 2010, 21:08
Is your visa not valid until 05 March 2012?:Erm:

Yes James, but if my memory proves me right. Darren-b mentioned in this forum that it should be base on the date you enter UK not the expiry of the visa. So this is why I need to confirm it. Anyone?

James Hubbard
27th July 2010, 21:09
O yes that's right, makes sense.

Well, you must have passed the Life in the UK exam and applied for FLR and have that granted to stay here after the date of 2 years after you came here :)

then you're good to stay :D

scottishbride
27th July 2010, 21:14
O yes that's right, makes sense.

Well, you must have passed the Life in the UK exam and applied for FLR and have that granted to stay here after the date of 2 years after you came here :)

then you're good to stay :D
I already passed my life in the UK test. I just need to to confirm the date to apply for my ILR..

Tonet
27th July 2010, 21:39
hello your visa will still expire on 05/03/12 but you have to be in UK for two years before you can apply ILR, but you shouldn't apply earlier that 28 days before your visa expire..so you shouldn't apply before 5th of February...

i hope that makes sense. I'm actually surprise that your visa is valid for 2 years and 3 months...

rusty
27th July 2010, 21:44
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settlement/applicationtypes/applicationformset(m)/

"Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your two-year qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application and we will not refund the fee. However, you must apply before your current permission to remain in the UK ends"

My assumption is that you can apply from 20th November up till your visa expire in March.

KeithD
28th July 2010, 10:11
I'd phone them and ask just to be on the safe side.

Hopefully this government won't keep changing the rules every month so even the poor staff don't have a clue.

Arthur Little
28th July 2010, 12:49
i hope that makes sense. I'm actually surprise that your visa is valid for 2 years and 3 months...

Yes ... a spousal visa is valid for 27 months from its date of issue ... at the moment ... though whether this situation is likely to change with new legislation being brought in, is anyone's guess! :rolleyes: