PDA

View Full Version : Sending visa proofs and documents from UK to the Philippines

calvin72
29th July 2010, 19:29
Hello everybody ,
I have been reading with interest all the recent advice on applying for a spouse visa as my wife and I are about to embark on this process. We have the checklist and application form downloaded and i am happy that we have everything that is needed , however can i ask if anyone has recently sent docs to their partner in the Philippines from the UK? How did you do this? and which service provider should i look to use / avoid please? Any advice gratefully received , we have gone over the requirements lots of times , but this part is something i have not thought through yet! , just want to make sure all the important things arrive there safe and sound and we can progress. Its inspiring to read of the successful ( and often fast ) spouse visa applications on this site :xxgrinning--00xx3: , congrats to all concerned and hope to be joining you all very soon , thank you , salamat - Calvin

marlyn&kenny
30th July 2010, 03:51
hello there. my hubby use www.interparcel.com all docs arrved here :xxgrinning--00xx3:
good luck:Hellooo:

marlyn&kenny
30th July 2010, 03:51
hello there. my hubby use www.interparcel.com all docs arrved here :xxgrinning--00xx3:
good luck:Hellooo:

-sillybilly-
30th July 2010, 04:35
Hi there!

My husband have used the DHL. only took 2 days and besides you can track the shipping via online. and if the docs arrived in manila ring up the office as quick as possible to monitor the shipment. DHL in manila stops updating the tracking on the website :NoNo: :cwm23: so you have to ask when it is going to be delivered.....

mdelmundo21
30th July 2010, 05:00
you can also try parcelforce.com

reginacarlson
14th August 2010, 02:51
I recently used the DHL Document Express service which I booked through Interparcel.com for £19.20. My documents arrived in the Philippines within 2 working days from collection date in the UK. I was able to track it online all the way to Manila where the final destination was. I was really impressed with the service and will definitely use it again when sending documents to the Philippines.

However, please note not to seal the envelope just yet prior to pick-up. What happened to me was probably an isolated case...it must have been because mine was wrapped in scotch tape all over. I forgot to use a bubble wrap envelope so I sealed and wrapped the entire thing with scotch tape instead, in my attempt to make it as water-proof as possible in case it dropped in a pool of water (yeah I know I was quite paranoid but there were a lot of important documents inside). :D

To my dismay, I was asked to open it for inspection before he agreed to take it :doh. The courier guy said it's the protocol for sending documents outside Europe. I was asked to flipped through the pages one by one to check if there was nothing hidden in between. When he saw that they were really just a bunch of papers I was asked to resealed them and 2 days later it arrived in Manila! :REDancedancer08:

mistermatty
14th August 2010, 09:42
I recently used the DHL Document Express service which I booked through Interparcel.com for £19.20. My documents arrived in the Philippines within 2 working days from collection date in the UK. I was able to track it online all the way to Manila where the final destination was. I was really impressed with the service and will definitely use it again when sending documents to the Philippines.

However, please note not to seal the envelope just yet prior to pick-up. What happened to me was probably an isolated case...it must have been because mine was wrapped in scotch tape all over. I forgot to use a bubble wrap envelope so I sealed and wrapped the entire thing with scotch tape instead, in my attempt to make it as water-proof as possible in case it dropped in a pool of water (yeah I know I was quite paranoid but there were a lot of important documents inside). :D

To my dismay, I was asked to open it for inspection before he agreed to take it :doh. The courier guy said it's the protocol for sending documents outside Europe. I was asked to flipped through the pages one by one to check if there was nothing hidden in between. When he saw that they were really just a bunch of papers I was asked to resealed them and 2 days later it arrived in Manila! :REDancedancer08:

I recently used the same service as well and 48 hours door to door and at £19 quid way less than going to DHL direct or using ParcelFarce !