PDA

View Full Version : Questions after FLR is granted. Need help badly.

axelandpixel
1st August 2010, 00:56
Hi to all!

I found this forum while searching answers for my confused mind but decided to register and ask help to get some ideas about my queries.

My FLR was granted last 21st of July at Liverpool PEO and just took about 30mins including security check. We were so glad then that we chose we apply in person. I got my card few days ago and now, e're starting to prepare for ILR application in regards with gathering evidences.

1. What confused me is that we're staying at his parents' place now so all of the bills are not in my husband's name, thus, I can't be added to it. We're now wondering how can we gather evidences like utility bills? Next week, we will try to open a bank account for me at Lloyd's ..and a joint account at Natwest since he is a cardholder in the latter.

2. We used to live in a flat when I was still in a fiancee visa but gave it up now because in his parents' place, he would only have to spend for our food and other personal necessity so yeah we can save a lot to cope up with the money lost due to this whole visa thing. Can we live here and just provide a letter confirming that we're staying here when we apply for ILR one day? (What we plan is 6 months before applying for ILR, we're going to find a flat again and stay there so that we can have utility bills/counil tax.. etc.

3. Also, do I have to be here for the whole 2yrs so I'd be eligible to apply for ILR in person at PEO? I've read somewhere that you can't be absent for more than 28 days if you want to apply in person..
As much as possible, I don't want to apply one day by post because I don't want to be tortured by the mere thought of waiting.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

axelandpixel
1st August 2010, 01:19
EDIT: (sorry for my typos)

My FLR was granted last 21st of July at Liverpool PEO and just took about 30mins including security check. We were so glad then that we chose to apply in person. I got my card few days ago and now, we're starting to prepare for ILR application in regards with gathering evidences.

2. We used to live in a flat when I was still in a fiancee visa but gave it up now because at his parents' place, he would only have to spend for our food and other personal necessity so yeah we can save a lot to cope up with the money lost due to this whole visa thing. Can we live here and just provide a letter confirming that we're staying here when we apply for ILR one day? (What we plan is 6 months before applying for ILR, we're going to find a flat again and stay there so that we can have utility bills/counil tax.. etc.

3. Also, do I have to be here for the whole 2yrs so I'd be eligible to apply for ILR in person at PEO? I've read somewhere that you can't be absent for more than 28 days if you want to apply in person..
As much as possible, I don't want to apply by post because I don't want to be tortured by the mere thought of waiting.