PDA

View Full Version : Things are looking up

Englishman2010
3rd August 2010, 20:43
After finally running out of patience with my ex, and realising that I had been used as a ATM, Santa Claus and a source of a spousal visa I ended things with her just over a month ago. She does still text me every now and then decalaring her undying love, and BTW can you send me a couple of thousand peso's.
Anyway, I realised that the majority of Filipina's are honest and hard working (look no further than the ladies on here to prove that) and that I had just been unlucky last time.
Anyway, I've been chatting to a very special lady for the last 3 weeks, well actually it's almost non stop chatting from about 5.30 AM till 7.00 PM every day for the last 3 weeks:D This one is a far better catch, she is financially independent, has a good job in Makati, a wicked sense of humor, considerate, respectful, very intelligent and of course very beautiful:D
We've been getting on extremely well, telling each other our life stories, having a great laugh, winding each other up and enjoying each others company, and I don't get any bad feelings or have any doubts about her like I always had about my ex. When we chat, i can relax, I don't have to be on my guard all of the time trying to protect my assets or suss out what she is really after. She doesn't have any great desire to leave the Philippines or get a western visa or need money.
We are meeting up in Manila when I get there in 2 weeks, and then she is taking me over to Mindoro to meet family when I get back from Malaysia and Singapore.
I am very happy again now, finishing with my ex was the best thing i did. Finally I would like to say thanks to those of you who have chatted to me via PM, yahoo or FB giving me advice and support:xxgrinning--00xx3: You know who you are and I really do appreciate your friendship.

Steve.r
3rd August 2010, 20:48
Great news my friend, I wish you the best of luck, you made the right decision :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
3rd August 2010, 20:52
:) .... don't forget my stick of rock with Makati through it :rolleyes:

Englishman2010
3rd August 2010, 21:06
:) .... don't forget my stick of rock with Makati through it :rolleyes:

If I'd have known you like Rock, I was in Skeggy last week, I would have got you some from there too. Anyway, it makes your teeth fall out.

stem298
3rd August 2010, 21:20
thats wonderful news ian ..happy to know that you meet a nice lady in just a short period of time..wish you happiness the same way you wish for us,, emma and steve :)

Englishman2010
3rd August 2010, 21:24
Thanks Emma (and Steve), hope that you are settling in to life in the Uk and enjoying our weather:NoNo: I see it didn't take Steve long to find my new lady on FB:icon_lol:

raynaputi
3rd August 2010, 21:27
wow! Great for you Ian! :Jump: good luck on ur trip here in the Philippines..things are really looking up for u! :D

alanmf1
3rd August 2010, 21:44
Good on ya mate :xxgrinning--00xx3:...go for it! :hubbahubba:
we all deserve a little happiness...:heartshape1:

Englishman2010
3rd August 2010, 21:47
Great news my friend, I wish you the best of luck, you made the right decision :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Cheers Steve:xxgrinning--00xx3: and Thanks:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
3rd August 2010, 21:50
Thanks Rayna and Alan. Although I've enjoyed my last two trips to the Philippines, I have a very good feeling that my next one will be a far better trip than the last two. Roll on Aug 19th.

-sillybilly-
3rd August 2010, 22:14
Oh Wow! Good for you Mr. Englishman! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have a nice time on your holiday here in the Philippines! :)

KeithD
3rd August 2010, 22:17
..... it makes your teeth fall out.
I don't have any :angry: .... I have to suck most things to death :cwm3:

James Hubbard
3rd August 2010, 22:20

I guess at this point I will just wait for someone to make the all-too-obvious joke? :rolleyes:

raynaputi
3rd August 2010, 22:25
hahahaha..:icon_lol::laugher:i want to have a joke about that James but he might ban me this time! :omg::Bolt:

-sillybilly-
3rd August 2010, 22:31

Oh dear!
So how do you eat strawberries then? :D

I love strawberries with cream and meringue! :hubbahubba:

Englishman2010
3rd August 2010, 22:40
Oh Wow! Good for you Mr. Englishman! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have a nice time on your holiday here in the Philippines! :)

I will do, thanks:)

James Hubbard
3rd August 2010, 22:41
hahahaha..:icon_lol::laugher:i want to have a joke about that James but he might ban me this time! :omg::Bolt:

:yikes:

lolz!

When i first read that, i thought you were saying "I want to have a joke about James" lolz!

Yeh, better be safe not sorry! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Maybe JoeBloggs will turn up! lol:icon_lol:

mikey73
4th August 2010, 03:39
hi englishman
glad you have found someone nice, hope you have a great time with her when you are in the philippines. all the best :)

pennybarry
4th August 2010, 06:05
Goodluck Ian!

There are really good and deserving filipinas around and right man for every good filipina! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I salute you for opening your eyes.:):heartshape1:

Cheers!

Englishman2010
4th August 2010, 07:12
Goodluck Ian!

There are really good and deserving filipinas around and right man for every good filipina! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I salute you for opening your eyes.:):heartshape1:

Cheers!

Thanks Penny, Yes I figured out that there are lots of good Filipina's around from the attitude of the ladies on here:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
4th August 2010, 08:30
Thanks Emma (and Steve), hope that you are settling in to life in the Uk and enjoying our weather:NoNo: I see it didn't take Steve long to find my new lady on FB:icon_lol:

hi ian , how can anyone miss her , she is indeed a very beautiful women , it all comes to us all if we just wait a little and go with our hearts and head always, talk soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
4th August 2010, 08:55
:)All the best Ian...happy to hear good news from you...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
4th August 2010, 09:28
great news ian & may i wish you all the best with your future hope you have finally found true love :xxgrinning--00xx3:

liane
4th August 2010, 14:35
Wishing you all the best Englishman. Enjoy your stay :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
4th August 2010, 15:34
Safe trip and hope to hear more good news from you Englishman:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
4th August 2010, 20:15
Thanks for your best wishes and support everybody. I am certainly looking forward to this trip and much happier times with my new mahal

raynaputi
4th August 2010, 20:21
hey ian! i know now who ur new mahal is..seen her in FB.. :D good luck to both of u! I hope this is it for u this time! :Jump:

Englishman2010
4th August 2010, 20:29
hey ian! i know now who ur new mahal is..seen her in FB.. :D good luck to both of u! I hope this is it for u this time! :Jump:

Thanks Rayna :) It's not hard to miss her, just look at who I comment on the most (excluding yourself :D) and who comments on my photo's the most. I hope this is it this time too, she is a complete contrast to my ex

stevewool
4th August 2010, 21:15
Thanks Rayna :) It's not hard to miss her, just look at who I comment on the most (excluding yourself :D) and who comments on my photo's the most. I hope this is it this time too, she is a complete contrast to my ex

i comment lots about you and i am not your gf :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Englishman2010
4th August 2010, 21:23
i comment lots about you and i am not your gf :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Good job too, your Emma wouldn't be very happy to find out you had a bit on the side after she's just flown half way round the world to be with you:D

South-east boy
6th August 2010, 11:58
Looks like you hit the jackpot there! :) As you will know if you've been on the dating sites, there aren't many with your ladies qualities and a large proportion are students, out of work, poor and/or with children anc of course some scammers which all make a long distance relationship trickier and give you doubts & worries.

Quick work too! :xxgrinning--00xx3: How did you meet her?

South-east boy
6th August 2010, 11:58
Double post! Grrgghh!

KeithD
6th August 2010, 14:58
Double post! Grrgghh!
:Erm: No it isn't that one's different :crazy: :D

South-east boy
6th August 2010, 15:04
:Erm: No it isn't that one's different :crazy: :D

:D :icon_lol:

stevewool
6th August 2010, 15:12
there aren't many with your ladies qualities and a large proportion are students, out of work, poor and/or with children anc of course some scammers which all make a long distance relationship trickier and give you doubts

its very hard to find the perfect one for any of us, but you have to try and try again, poor and have children, well if emma had any children they too would be welcome and being poor, well until you have found your partner you will never know what poor is , emma has made me so rich in how she acts and holds herself in life, we all need to take leaves from our partners , future and present then see how rich we all become :)

Englishman2010
6th August 2010, 19:36
Looks like you hit the jackpot there! :) As you will know if you've been on the dating sites, there aren't many with your ladies qualities and a large proportion are students, out of work, poor and/or with children anc of course some scammers which all make a long distance relationship trickier and give you doubts & worries.

On FH, I had hundreds of hits and messages, and very few of them took my fancy. First requirement was that they had to have a job. This may sound harsh, but I am not going to be milked like I was last time. I was also looking for someone with degree level education, so that I could have an intellectual conversation with them. Naturally, they had to be attractive, but intelligence was the number 1 factor. After I had narrowed them down and had a chat on Yahoo, befriending them on FB is a good idea as their photo's will give clues about their lifestyle. Lots of work photo's is a good indication. I am not the Red Cross or UN and am not going to support anyone who won't get off their ass and try to support themselves.
We have been chatting on Yahoo for many hours every day for the last 3 or 4 weeks, and whilst she fulfilled all of the above criteria, the main thing is that we really do get on well and never run out of things to say to each other. It also helps that her job involves chatting to westerners all day every day, so she has a very good understanding of the west and is completely fluent in English.

KeithD
6th August 2010, 19:45
.... and very few of them took my fancy.
Maybe your 'fancy' smelt a bit :crazy: :Erm:

Sim11UK
6th August 2010, 19:59

All of the above are ok...The only ones you want to avoid are the scammers.

BrummieBoy
6th August 2010, 20:15
Hi Ian, thats great news.

I too used to use FH to meet people and the first person that I got along with really well was a woman called Aeva and, unfortunately within a couple of weeks tried to use me as a walking, talking ATM as well. As I was a trusting guy I sent her two lots of 10,000 pesos within a two week period, but it never seemed enough and she was always asking for more and more money. Luckily I saw that she did not love me (she only loved my money) and I stopped talking to her.

Because of Aeva I was put off trying to meet anyone else for a year, but I decided not to let one bad apple taint my view of Fili women and I tried again, using FH as I like the way it is structured. It was there that my met my lovely Alou, and I am so glad that I decided to try again, all be it a bit older and wiser this time.

So, to get to the point I am glad that you "saw through" your old partner and found someone that genuinely loves you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
6th August 2010, 20:19

I too used to use FH to meet people and the first person that I got along with really well was a woman called Aeva and, unfortunately within a couple of weeks tried to use me as a walking, talking ATM as well. As I was a trusting guy I sent her two lots of 10,000 pesos within a two week period, but it never seemed enough and she was always asking for more and more money. Luckily I saw that she did not love me (she only loved my money) and I stopped talking to her.

Because of Aeva I was put off trying to meet anyone else for a year, but I decided not to let one bad apple taint my view of Fili women and I tried again, using FH as I like the way it is structured. It was there that my met my lovely Alou, and I am so glad that I decided to try again, all be it a bit older and wiser this time.

So, to get to the point I am glad that you "saw through" your old partner and found someone that genuinely loves you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well done !

Englishman2010
6th August 2010, 22:10

Good for you, there are lots of honest Filipina's out there. In hindsight it's easy to say don't send it if you haven't actually met, but not so easy in reality. My first g/f was a slightly different situation as I had actually met her before i even decided I wanted a Filipina g/f, but that didnt stop her being a habitual liar.

gecko_pikachu
7th August 2010, 00:48
You deserve an honest Filipina Englishman.
It's really hard to find the right love.
Others say "love is blind."
I don't believe such saying.
You've come up with the right decision of dumping the last Filipina.
I'll say you're stupid then if you still carry on fooling yourself.
See, love is not blind at all.
You've just stopped yourself of nearly getting blinded by her.
Thanks God you've gone to Specsavers, lol! :icon_lol:
I've also got the feeling that you found the right one for you this time.

I wish you goodluck to your journey to Mindoro.
Don't forget to go to Puerto Galera.
And bring dried fish to UK hehe! :D

James Hubbard
7th August 2010, 02:53
one thing though ... it seemed to me like you said "poor" in a pejorative sense ... like it's her fault :Erm: