PDA

View Full Version : Single Name on Schengen Visa

abby
4th August 2010, 14:14
Hi there,

I was recently granted a Schengen visa and were going to Spain. My problem is when I received my passport, my single name was written on my visa. I clearly written on the form that im using my husbands family name and my passport was amended already and also my residence permit is my married name.

I dunno how come did it happened. Do you think I can fly to Spain knowing that its my single name was in my visa. I bought my ticket and its in my married name.

Oh dear, hope you could give me advise if you've experienced this kind of situation.

I've emailed the vfs and the embassy but no reply yet.

By the way we will be leaving on Aug. 17, 2010.

Thank you..

Arthur Little
4th August 2010, 16:10
Hi there,

I was recently granted a Schengen visa and were going to Spain. My problem is when I received my passport, my single name was written on my visa. I clearly written on the form that im using my husbands family name and my passport was amended already and also my residence permit is my married name.

I dunno how come did it happened. Do you think I can fly to Spain knowing that its my single name was in my visa. I bought my ticket and its in my married name.

Oh dear, hope you could give me advise if you've experienced this kind of situation.

I've emailed the vfs and the embassy but no reply yet.

By the way we will be leaving on Aug. 17, 2010.

Thank you..

Abby ... Myrna's first [and only] passport to date, was issued on September 30, 2008 - just over 2 months before we were married - and REMAINS in her maiden name, because it's valid until 2013. Hence her Entry Clearance Visa clearly indicates *'Myrna Navarro - Spouse/CP (Civil Partner) of Arthur J.B. Little'.

Consequently ... when she and I travelled to France earlier this year, the French Embassy simply affixed her Schengen Visa *accordingly. And the Agency who arranged our trip printed the tickets in our separate surnames. So no problems with Immigration for US!! :NoNo:

However ... in YOUR circumstances, I'd be inclined to contact the Airline officials concerned. They will guide you and, if necessary, issue replacement tickets. But as it's now less than two weeks before you're due to fly, obviously the sooner you do this the better. :rolleyes:

Please let me know how you get on. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stuartfarm
4th August 2010, 16:55
Just back from Ibiza today .... The Spanish Consulate also issued my wife's schengen visa in her single name ( I also posted a question about this on the forum), which was causing me concerns .
However we had no problems at checkin or going through Spanish immigration

So relax and look forward to your holiday

abby
4th August 2010, 16:59
We phone the VFS, and we were told to bring the passport at the VFS centre and fill up the form for amendment cos they won't allow us to do it by post. The guy said we will have the passport 24-48hrs after the submission.

I think we will do it. Its really annoying eh..

thanks for the help.

Abby

abby
4th August 2010, 17:03
hi stuartfarm,

Really? So i don't need to go back to VFS to correct it? What if the immigration officer will ask for my Residence Permit (and its on my married name) and it wont match on my Schengen Visa? I'm sorry, I'm a bit paranoid cos i want a hassle free holiday.

Thanks.

stuartfarm
6th August 2010, 15:43
The VFS has nothing to do with your residency status now , your under UK Border Authority control now

Honestly you wont have problems , to be honest we had to point out the visa to the immigration officer and ask to get a stamp .He was quite happy just to look at the data page and wave us through !!

On arrival in Spain they are not intrested in you UK residence visa , when you are leaving Spain, however, the airline check-in will be , so as a precation I suggest you take your marriage cert - just in case there's any question regarding the difference in the name on the data page and your residence visa , but as you says you passports ammened I dont think they would ask for this anway

Once back in the UK immigration here will be no problem again

I understand you fears cos I had exactly the same ones before our holiday but everthing went ok

As I said before - relax and enjoy your holiday !!:):)

abby
6th August 2010, 16:19
oh thanks for the clarification. but, one more thing, when i leave UK the immigration officer will stamp my passport or the stamp will be in Spain only (upon in and out of the country).

thank you very much, your help is very much appreciated.

stevewool
6th August 2010, 16:55
hi abby what was the cost if you dont mind telling me and how long did it take to get , thanks :)

abby
6th August 2010, 18:14
hi abby what was the cost if you dont mind telling me and how long did it take to get , thanks :)

hello stevewool,

we pay £24.00 for the processing fee and the visa fee is free for spouse/dependent of EU Nationals. I Applied July 20, 2010 and passport was sent back to me Aug. 3, 2010. I was given multiple entry for 6 months.

Hope it helps...

stevewool
6th August 2010, 18:21
thanks abby it has helped me , would love to take emma to spain

aromulus
6th August 2010, 18:24
hello stevewool,

we pay £24.00 for the processing fee and the visa fee is free for spouse/dependent of EU Nationals. I Applied July 20, 2010 and passport was sent back to me Aug. 3, 2010. I was given multiple entry for 6 months.

Hope it helps...

Wives of EEA and Swiss Nationals don't need Visa to go to most European Countries, provided their husbands travel with them, or they are traveling to join their husbands.

stevie c
6th August 2010, 18:24
thanks abby it has helped me , would love to take emma to spain

STEADY ON WOOLY I THOUGHT YOU WAS ECONOMISING WHY NOT GO FOR ONE OF THEM £7.50 HOLIDAYS IN THE SUN NEWS PAPER THAT WILL BE RIGHT UP YOUR STREET :icon_lol: :laugher:

stevewool
6th August 2010, 18:28
true my friend so true but i have a place out there and i have to use it by jan

stevie c
6th August 2010, 18:30
£7.50 is still cheap-er than the airfare mate :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
6th August 2010, 18:32
true so you dont fancy sharing the food and drinks cost for a week then :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
6th August 2010, 18:35
sorry mate i would love to but all my money is tied with my visit to the phils & my marriage to florsel sorry mate you can always put an add in the paper for someone to share the costs:icon_lol:

stevewool
6th August 2010, 18:39
i was thinking that seeing anyone here wanted it

stevie c
6th August 2010, 18:42
ok mate put it as a thread i think u will be fighting them all off so many will take you up on your offer :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
6th August 2010, 19:21
Wives of EEA and Swiss Nationals don't need Visa to go to most European Countries, provided their husbands travel with them, or they are traveling to join their husbands.

:Erm: ... then WHY did MY wife need a Schengen Visa to travel to France ... or, indeed, Italy - where she'd like to go next [with ME] - when the UK is a member of the European Economic Area as well as the EU?

aromulus
6th August 2010, 19:34
:Erm: ... then WHY did MY wife need a Schengen Visa to travel to France ... or, indeed, Italy - where she'd like to go next [with ME] - when the UK is a member of the European Economic Area as well as the EU?

Because to put it mildly, you are British.:doh
There have been numerous threads extolling the virtues of being EEA Nationals living and working in Britain.

The same rights would apply and be extended to you, if you were living and working in another EEA country.

Britain is not a signatory of the Schengen agreement between European Countries.:NoNo:

It means that I don't need to pay for visas, wether, fiancee, spouse, FLRs, ILRs and whathaveyou.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My wife doesn't need to have britshness tests, or citizenship and all that useless blarney. In two years time, she can have Italian dual citizenship if she wishes, but it is not a requirement.:Hellooo:

Arthur Little
6th August 2010, 23:36
Because to put it mildly, you are British.:doh

Britain is not a signatory of the Schengen agreement between European Countries.:NoNo:

Yeah ... and to THINK that I was just a 12-year-old kid when Harold Macmillan's Government *declined to sign the Treaty of Rome in March 1957. And NOW ... in *consequence ... as a British state pensioner, I - and others who happen to be married to a non-European national - have to go through all the palaver of arranging a visa for my/our lawfully-wedded partners to accompany me/us on holiday to any/all of the Schengen countries. :doh

It means that I don't need to pay for visas, wether, fiancee, spouse, FLRs, ILRs and whathaveyou.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:rolleyes: ... lucky YOU!

Anyway ... :68711_thanx:, Dom. Much obliged to you for keeping me right. The :laugher: IS, I've since realised ... HAD I thought of consulting Myrna in the first place - instead of just barging ahead with my previous post - SHE could've told me all that, since she'd actually made a mental note of it while preparing for her 'Life in the UK Test' a few weeks ago! But nevertheless, thanks again. :anerikke: ... I suppose it's easy to be wise after the event.

stuartfarm
7th August 2010, 12:02
oh thanks for the clarification. but, one more thing, when i leave UK the immigration officer will stamp my passport or the stamp will be in Spain only (upon in and out of the country).

thank you very much, your help is very much appreciated.

When you leave the UK - no stamp
Arrival in Spain you'll get a stamp on the Schegen visa
Leaving Spain - depends on the airport
Arrival in UK you'll get a stamp on your residence visa page

abby
7th August 2010, 15:32
thanks a lot stuartfarm....:Jump:

its really a big help..

abby
20th August 2010, 22:15
hello everyone,

just get back from Barcelona. We didn't encounter any problems with my visa. SO don't be bother if you had your single name in your visa. If you're going to Barcelona for a holiday, be extra careful with your valuables for pick pockets..