PDA

View Full Version : Hurrah! A success - now for the flight

LastViking
8th August 2010, 08:45
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share the good news. :NEW5:Maristela's Fiancée visa application has been approved. :BouncyHappy:

She submitted the papers to the VFS on Monday 2nd August and received her passport and visa on Saturday 7th August. Amazing, we are both still a little in shock.

I was confused by whether we should have completed the application on-line or just on paper. I read the instructions to mean you had to complete the on-line form, print it off and take it to the VFS. Maristela spoke to VFS Global who told her that wasn't necessary, she just needed to take the version she had completed using the off-line form. We had used that as a draft to make sure we had all the answers right. In the end we did both although the on-line version is not identical to the one you can print off and doesn't give you as much space to write details. There are also slightly different instructions for the two versions, most confusing. :doh

When we finished the on-line form process it gave the fee to pay but is was the wrong amount. :action-smiley-081: The fees have gone up but the on-line version has not been amended.

I just thought I would share these experiences in case other members find them helpful.

Having now gone through the process if anyone needs help with the Fiancée Settlement application, just ask.

Maristela is now going to get her CFO stamp on Tuesday in Manila so she will be free to travel.

We are now trying to find the best price for flight tickets from Manila to the UK. Ideally to Birmingham International but anywhere within 200 miles of Shrewsbury. Any of you guys know of good travel agents in Manila who might be able to help her?

Thanks to everyone on the forum who have helped us during this process. I just hope my nerves will recover now, although waiting for her to actually arrive is going to be just as bad I suspect. Anyone got some valium?

Good luck to everyone else here going through the process.

aromulus
8th August 2010, 08:48
I will alert the Wrexham welcoming committee......:D

LastViking
8th August 2010, 08:55
Thanks Aromulus, it would be great to meet others in the area. I don't know many Filipinos in Shrewsbury or the surrounding area, although I do know Wrexham as I used to live near Llangollen.

KeithD
8th August 2010, 09:02
:Jump:

Philippine Travel Agents (http://filipinaroses.com/content.php/158-Travel-Agency-Philippines)

stevewool
8th August 2010, 09:07
brill news vikingdave and maristela, over the moon you are now and it takes some betting getting that smile of your face, emma travelled from manila to mcr with etihad left there saturday 1am got to mcr saturday at 2.15 pm so a good time the cost was just under £500, the travel agent emma used was, las palmas travel and tours, send me a mesage if you want there number good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cessxy
8th August 2010, 09:09
Congrats :Jump::Wave::xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
8th August 2010, 09:31
Congrats, and that was quick, just 5 days. Always nice to hear success stories on the forum.

-sillybilly-
8th August 2010, 10:36
CONGRATULATIONS!!!:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

stevie c
8th August 2010, 11:02
congratulations vikingdave :Jump:

jam07
8th August 2010, 11:42
congratulations! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Jump:

raynaputi
8th August 2010, 11:47
:Jump:Congrats Dave and Marist!:Jump:

liane
8th August 2010, 14:19
Congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanmf1
8th August 2010, 15:10
Well done!:Jump:

Arthur Little
8th August 2010, 23:49
Great news ... Congratulations! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
9th August 2010, 07:08
:Jump:congratuletions:Jump:

malditako
9th August 2010, 08:16
congrats po :)

sars_notd_virus
9th August 2010, 09:59
Woow Congratulations!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LastViking
9th August 2010, 10:58
Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

If any of you have access to Channel 4 NBN TV Maristela's son, Martin Delos Santos, was interviewed on the Sining Ginsing show with the Indian Ambassador over Martin's performance in the play by Rabindranath Tagore called 'ANG POST OFFICE'. He is only 11 but has been acting since he was 3.

stem298
9th August 2010, 11:06
thats another good news from another members of this forum cheers everyone!:icon_win:

axelandpixel
14th August 2010, 01:10
Congratulations. We've always used Ebookers when it comes to booking our flights. It's the cheapest I could find. It's even cheaper than Expedia..

LastViking
15th August 2010, 07:35
Thanks for the travel suggestions folks. Of course everything is now up in the air because of the possible airport closures over the bank holiday. I just hope my Mahal will be able to make it over here. I start Chemotherapy on 2nd September so it would be great if she was with me by then.

rani
15th August 2010, 07:47
congrats guys :xxgrinning--00xx3: