PDA

View Full Version : Getting excited now

Englishman2010
8th August 2010, 20:47
I'm starting to get impatient and very excited now, another 10 days and I will be heading out to Manila again, but this time to meet my new mahal.
After a couple of days my trip's broken up with a 6 day detour to Singapore (and beyond). I've just booked a day trip tour to Malacca in Malaysia and a Dragon Boat cruise to kill a couple of days before my American friend meets me for a few days of hard drinking.
Has anyone done a day trip to Bintan or Batam Islands in Indonesia? and are they worth doing? I'm only after another stamp in my passport and trying to kill a days time as there isn't really much I haven't already seen in Singapore before.
Then it's back to the P.I's for a week and a 5 day trip down to Mansalay on Mindoro, hopefully taking in Puerto Galera on the way.
I've really enjoyed my other trips to the P.I's , but i think this one will be even better :D

raynaputi
8th August 2010, 20:55
I've been to Bintan for an overnight stay...it is actually a nice place..i'm sure you'd love it there.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
8th August 2010, 21:40
Thanks Rayna, I'm certainly considering it. Not sure if I can do an overnight there as I don't have that much time in Singapore.

Dedworth
8th August 2010, 22:48
I've been to Batam - stayed at Panorama Regency in Nagoya it's got a rooftop Sports Bar nice night time views out to sea - not so appealing in daytime. It's a cheap excursion from Singapore.

Englishman2010
9th August 2010, 20:01
Thanks Dedworth, I am just about to look up places to stay and will give that a look too. Is there anything to do there other than golf? Me not knowing one end of a golf bat from another ;)

Doc Alan
9th August 2010, 20:04
... Me not knowing one end of a golf bat from another ;)
Join the club ! :)

subseastu
9th August 2010, 20:30
I spent a week at a dry dock in Batam recently staying in the holiday inn there. It was New years day onwards so I can't really remember a lot of the place, but it was the closest farry stop to Singers and to be honest wasn't that nice in the immediate area. THe local bars near to the ferry terminal reflect that its the nearest cheap place to singers and caters to single men in their "entertainment" if you get my meaning. THe hotel was nice enough (even better as I wasn't paying and the dry dock was picking up the tab including the ale....foolish, very foolish). I'm sure if you get out and about its a very nice place, from what I saw of it the views / sceanary looked very nice. THe currency takes some getting used to though. It was easy to rack up a million spud bar bill just on drinks and grub alone. Sounds alot but worked out unbelievably cheap, considering what we got through.

stevewool
9th August 2010, 20:31
wow Alan did a birdie tell you that:icon_lol::icon_lol:

bornatbirth
9th August 2010, 20:33
Me not knowing one end of a golf bat from another ;)

its a golf club :icon_lol:

have you heard of tiger woods :D

stevewool
9th August 2010, 20:38
lots off women have :icon_lol::Sex::Sex::do_it::do_it::xxaction-smiley-047:hubbahubba:

Englishman2010
9th August 2010, 20:43
have you heard of tiger woods :D

Can't say I have. Is it a nature reserve in India? ;)

Doc Alan
9th August 2010, 20:46
Can't say I have. Is it a nature reserve in India? ;)Both types of tiger are endangered species, for different reasons ...:yikes:

Dedworth
9th August 2010, 22:00
Thanks Dedworth, I am just about to look up places to stay and will give that a look too. Is there anything to do there other than golf? Me not knowing one end of a golf bat from another ;)

I don't play golf either. I was just killing time and went to see a couple of friends who were staying at a "Beach" resort hotel there. Not a great deal to do but very cheap.