PDA

View Full Version : need some help

jo.E
11th August 2010, 04:27
i have been exchanging email with a certain employer in the UK, and i feel i need to verify some information, anyone who can direct me how to contact the UK home office?

bornatbirth
11th August 2010, 13:03
what job offer have you been given and what have you been exchanging, why not give more details....

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact-us

jo.E
11th August 2010, 17:00
i have offered with a job (caregiver) for 940GPB/wk (too good?) and yes we have been exchanging emails..

Arthur Little
11th August 2010, 17:18
i have offered with a job (caregiver) for 940GPB/wk (too good?) and yes we have been exchanging emails..

£940 per week as a caregiver? :nono-1-1: Forget it ... DEFINITELY a scam!

joebloggs
11th August 2010, 21:21
have they asked you for money yet ? to pay for the visa app, air ticket or something else ?
they can only offer a job to someone outside Europe if no one suitable from Europe doesn't apply for it first :NoNo:

aromulus
11th August 2010, 21:29
Yup, a well rehearsed scam...:doh

gecko_pikachu
12th August 2010, 00:37
i have been exchanging email with a certain employer in the UK, and i feel i need to verify some information, anyone who can direct me how to contact the UK home office?

Be very careful about a.k.a employers scamming you online.
£940/week it is too good to be true mate!
Tell me the UK address and we'll find out whether it's genuine or not.
But I can tell it's just a con.
Best for you to check jobs abroad on POEA website.

jo.E
12th August 2010, 23:42
thanks, they haven't asked me for anything yet, but just i thought it was too good to be true..thanks...

Lancashirelad
13th August 2010, 01:06
my girlfriend was offered this same scam too before, i think its a popular scam, quite a lot of stuff on the web about nanny/caregiver scams.
He even showed a fake contract of employment and a bogus passport of a previous nanny.

People like that are scum trying to rip off people of their life savings with lies about overpaid jobs. grrrrr

pennybarry
13th August 2010, 06:53
Don't be their next victim!
I have met some people who sent money thru western union.
They will get in touch with you by emails.
I tried to stop them as it all scams.
Some people are hard to stop. :Erm:
They take the risk and regret later! :icon_lol:
They will offer you nanny job, domestic helper job but they only want your money and they will dissapear once you sent.
I owned and managed internet cafe before,
That's why I knew some of the victims.:NoNo:

gecko_pikachu
13th August 2010, 12:45
Don't be convinced by this employer.
Don't let your desperation and current circumstances put your mind in saying do it, risk it!
What should you do to protect yourself?
It's easy.
Never disclose, by email or telephone, to people whom you don't know, your personal data such as: - full name - bank account details - credit card information - PayPal information - Social Security Number (SSN) - driver's license - birth date - home address

You can try one or more of the below options if a recruiter/employer is real, genuine and in good faith:

a) Look at the company name. Is it saying anything to you? Have you heard of it before?
b) Does the domain name match the name of the company?
c) Ask your friends and colleagues if they heard of that company.
d) Google it. Yahoo it. MSN it. Run a search and see if the same company has been involved in job scams or if other people say that company has been scamming others.
e) See what country that company pretends to be working in. Then call or email the Embassy of that particular country and ask them if they know anything of it.
f) Ask that company if you need to pay anything in exchange for their service. If first they say no and then, after some time, say you must pay for visa, work permit or for travel, it's a fake company and behind it are job scammers!
g) Ask that company to provide you copies of their incorporation certificate or proofs of Government registration, or VAT number.
h) And finally, be advised that most fake companies acting as scammers "offer" scam jobs in areas such as Africa (Nigeria being the most famous case), Middle East, Asia, even South America. To a much smaller extent, even US or Western Europe.

RickyR
13th August 2010, 12:59
I also am lead to believe they aren't issuing visas for nursing/caregivers at the moment, so that is also a bit of a red flag.