PDA

View Full Version : can westeners sing 'Bahay Kubo'?

jam07
12th August 2010, 02:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wzE0CZvd2E

yes they can! :D:D:)
galing! :D:)

fred
12th August 2010, 02:35
I can only remember the first line without the karaoke machine so I would have to say NO!!

I live in a Bahay kubu!! Does that count?
Is there a prize?

jam07
12th August 2010, 03:07
I can only remember the first line without the karaoke machine so I would have to say NO!!

I live in a Bahay kubu!! Does that count?
Is there a prize?

lol! :icon_lol: practice makes perfect Fred :xxgrinning--00xx3:

the prize? hmm.. a kiss from your wife? :xxgrinning--00xx3: :)

jam07
12th August 2010, 03:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vCTcEN-tBA&feature=related

these brit kids are wonderful! oh! i love them! :icon_sorry: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :icon_sorry: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :heartshape1:

malditako
12th August 2010, 06:52
nice post jam..accent makes it more lovely to listen lol

malditako
12th August 2010, 06:53
bahay kubo..im teaching my baby that song...:)

Doc Alan
12th August 2010, 07:45
If there's anyone else on the forum like me who didn't know before this thread, "Bahay Kubo" is the local name for Nipa Hut, a basic filipino architectural type of house. The roof is made from coconut husks or nipa leaves, the walls from bamboo.
The song roughly translates to the effect that "My nipa hut, although it's small, the plants are diverse, turnips + eggplants, winged beans + peanuts...white pumpkin + squash...+ there are still more, radish, mustard, onions, tomatoes. garlic + ginger, all around are lush sesame plants".
Thanks for posting a cultural thread, Majah :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
12th August 2010, 09:02
......a basic filipino architectural type of house. The roof is made from coconut husks or nipa leaves, the walls from bamboo......
So it's kinda like a Philippine council house? :icon_lol:

Doc Alan
12th August 2010, 10:01
So it's kinda like a Philippine council house? :icon_lol:Your call Jam07 :doh

jam07
12th August 2010, 14:16
So it's kinda like a Philippine council house? :icon_lol:

hmmm... nope :) I think they dont deserve to even have or use 'bahay kubo' because almost all of them are corrupt, good for nothing politicians... :xxgrinning--00xx3: :NoNo: :doh :furious3: :xxaction-smiley-047 :D

anyways, have you tried singing it sir keith? :) :rolleyes:

jam07
12th August 2010, 14:17
If there's anyone else on the forum like me who didn't know before this thread, "Bahay Kubo" is the local name for Nipa Hut, a basic filipino architectural type of house. The roof is made from coconut husks or nipa leaves, the walls from bamboo.
The song roughly translates to the effect that "My nipa hut, although it's small, the plants are diverse, turnips + eggplants, winged beans + peanuts...white pumpkin + squash...+ there are still more, radish, mustard, onions, tomatoes. garlic + ginger, all around are lush sesame plants".
Thanks for posting a cultural thread, Majah :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hmmm... you translated it good doc alan, but can you sing it in tagalog? :rolleyes: :D

Doc Alan
12th August 2010, 18:08
hmmm... you translated it good doc alan, but can you sing it in tagalog? :rolleyes: :DAs you well know Jam07 I sang Basang Basa sa Ulan (very wet in the rain) and Bakit (Why) with Juliet of Aegis Band ....so if another attractive filipina persuades me, yes I will sing Bahay Kubo on my next visit :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
12th August 2010, 18:46
anyways, have you tried singing it sir keith? :) :rolleyes:
I could if Iron Maiden played it :omg:

Sim11UK
12th August 2010, 19:28
That fella's wig put me off in the first video...Sorry Jam :NoNo: :doh

stem298
12th August 2010, 20:00
yup they could as long as they put their mind and interest to it..sounds funny though ;)

jam07
13th August 2010, 01:27
That fella's wig put me off in the first video...Sorry Jam :NoNo: :doh

yeah! :icon_lol: I am trying to ignore him! :icon_lol:

jam07
13th August 2010, 01:28
yup they could as long as they put their mind and interest to it..sounds funny though ;)

yup! sounds funny but oh so cute! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :heartshape1:

jam07
13th August 2010, 01:31
As you well know Jam07 I sang Basang Basa sa Ulan (very wet in the rain) and Bakit (Why) with Juliet of Aegis Band ....so if another attractive filipina persuades me, yes I will sing Bahay Kubo on my next visit :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sure! but no cheat sheet! :rolleyes: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
14th August 2010, 19:42
You do trealise this thread has stayed on topiuc!!! Its a disgrace and pretty unusual as well:Erm:

raynaputi
14th August 2010, 20:59
to add to your collection...a 3yo cute little girl singing Bahay Kubo :D

p4ZJhZEXCes

Amaw2008
16th August 2010, 10:10
Can adult filipinas sing "Bahay Kubo"? Here's another version of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cP6lIhAHWs:icon_lol: :NoNo:

jam07
16th August 2010, 10:37
Can adult filipinas sing "Bahay Kubo"? Here's another version of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cP6lIhAHWs:icon_lol: :NoNo:

yes she can! struggled a bit, but she can! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :)