PDA

View Full Version : Public Enquiry Office - Liverpool (FLR)

axelandpixel
14th August 2010, 00:49
Hi,

I would just like to share my experienced from booking online at UKBA's website till submititng my FLR application in person at PEO Liverpool.

1. I booked an appointment online around 1st week of July and found a vacant slot for 21st of July,3pm. Booking was no hassle. Received a confirmation and I printed it.
2. A day before my appointment, I received a text reminder from UKBA informing me about my schedule. (Be there 30mins before the schedule, bring the ff: booking confirmation, £730 fee, your partner,and documents).
3. At 2:30pm, we went inside and passed through a seurity check like at the airport. The lady guard asked if I have a perfume inside my bag to which I replied no. I was cleared. The other guard had to check my husband manually because the alarm would make a sound everytime. All fine.
4. Went to the Reception desk. Showed my booking confirmation. We were surprised because they couldn't find my name on their list! 3pm slot there was empty! The lady had to phone up her co-worker inside and asked about my situation. After like 2mins of trying to figure out, she said I should proceed to the Checking area for documents. She said, they must have printed their list early before I have booked so they couldn't find me or maybe I phone up late and they've printed it already. haha to which I just said, okay. (We were given a feedback form to be filled up if we like to, after the appliction).
5. The staff behind the window asked if I had my marriage certificate with me, bank statements, payslips, and passports. seh checked my application form.She told us we didn't have to show the other documents aside from the form and passports because she's not the one who's going to decide and just having a pre-check. I had to sign a paper which stated that paying the £730 fee isn't a guarantee for a successful visa application and that I understand it is not refundable. Then she encircled YES.
6. She's given me the checklist she ticked and a small paper with a 3-digit number for queue and told us to follow the orange line on the floor which led to 2nd floor. We were told to just go to the cashier and pay there directly because we wont be called.. which we did. (Remember, if you're using a credit card to pay, and it's not in your name.. the cardholder must be there for them to accept the payment.
7. After 5-7mins, my number was called and we proceeded to window 17. There, a staff asked for my application form, our passports, marriage certificate, bank statements and payslips. THAT'S ALL! He didn't even ask for P60 but still I just included it since it just looks like one of the payslips. All 5 bank statements and 4 payslips are of my husband's.
8. The staff then entered the data on his computer asking a few questions from time to time like my birthdate, name and some basic info to make sure he got it right. He then said that I will be called for biometrics. Not long after, my number was called again and went to the biometrics section. Of all the documents, he gave me back my passport only so that the staff in Biometrics section has a basis in asking some questions.
9. At biometrics section, I was asked basic info again and signed a paper. On the paper, it was asked if I had my biometrics taken before, where and when. She took a picture of me. Done. The staff who from window 17 went to the biometrics section and asked for my passport so he could process it already.
10. Waited for like 10mins or even less because we really felt like seated and then got called again to get my documents back and was told the expiration of my visa! He said they will just send the Residence permit card with 3-5 working days!

Observation:

From the staff outside to the ones inside, everyone was so friendly. We were treated fairly and was very happy with the process inevery aspect. We didn't expect it to be that quick! As in, it was worth £730 if you'd be treated like that plus, no horrible waiting time. We got out around 3:10pm. Due to our excitement and the happiness we felt, we FORGOT to fill up the feedback form.. *oops! Anyway, it ws a wonderful experience. At least we got what we paid for.

I have always been searching for a PEO experience particularly in Liverpool but I couldn't find before.. so I was kinda nervous ..of it not being a popular choice among the other offices. I recommend it to those who are thinking of applying in person. That's what you call an office! Friendly and helpful!

joebloggs
14th August 2010, 08:24
Observation:

From the staff outside to the ones inside, everyone was so friendly. We were treated fairly and was very happy with the process inevery aspect. We didn't expect it to be that quick! As in, it was worth £730 if you'd be treated like that plus, no horrible waiting time. We got out around 3:10pm. Due to our excitement and the happiness we felt, we FORGOT to fill up the feedback form.. *oops! Anyway, it ws a wonderful experience. At least we got what we paid for.

I have always been searching for a PEO experience particularly in Liverpool but I couldn't find before.. so I was kinda nervous ..of it not being a popular choice among the other offices. I recommend it to those who are thinking of applying in person. That's what you call an office! Friendly and helpful!

:xxgrinning--00xx3: good you got your FLR so quick,

but i refuse to pay the gov extra money for them to do, what they should be doing in the first place :NoNo:

stevewool
14th August 2010, 09:01
a very good read, thanks for putting this thread onto the page , myself and emma will be going down the same road as you and your partner has , to me paying the extra is worth the less hastle and waiting time , again well done :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: well worth a rep :)

axelandpixel
14th August 2010, 22:34
Thank you both.

Sorry about the typos there. Not allowed to edit my posts yet. :doh

rani
15th August 2010, 07:11
wish wish wish that all the government offices will run their business like this :xxgrinning--00xx3:

axelandpixel
19th August 2010, 01:57
Yeah, if only every office is like this.

I also noticed that the documents they're going to ask when applying in person are very basic and few compared to applying by post which you have to supply as much as you can. For straightforward applications, and if you're willing to pay, it can save you some peace of mind. BUT in contrast, the fee is too high like being said above that it can be done for free.