PDA

View Full Version : Application not accepted...

reginacarlson
14th August 2010, 01:49
My brother and sister's application for a Family Visitor Visa was not accepted today :doh, they were told that it was too early for them to apply when the intended travel is not until the 17th of Dec (4 months away).

I believe I thoroughly read the VFS website but didn't see this information prior to them applying :NoNo:. Aarrggghhhhh I should have consulted you guys before! :Brick:

Though at least the visa fee of P10,064 (P5,032 x 2) will be refunded. Now we just have to wait 6-7 weeks before applying again... *sigh*

fred
14th August 2010, 02:32
What a load of BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. What the hell is wrong with planning 4 months in advance:Erm:..Especially given how precarious these visa applications are..

I think 85% of immigration staff should be stripped of their British status and deported!! ******* useless *****.

joebloggs
14th August 2010, 08:35
i don't remember ever reading anything about any time scale, thats :crazy: you plan a few months in advance so everything runs smoothly, and they want you to apply 6wks before they travel :doh :cwm23:

stevewool
14th August 2010, 08:53
yes silly people you have to get through before we can realize our plans , you have to put a date on the forms if i remember we put a future date in and got that date, it did not give a time limit then

Pete/London
14th August 2010, 11:10
I`ve never heard that before:Erm:

reginacarlson
14th August 2010, 13:32
It was really very inconvenient to think that we would have to go through all the tension of applying again :NoNo:, but at least most of the documents are complete now and we would just have to add the Aug and Sept bank statements when they re-apply in October.

I guess we would also have to change the date on the supporting letters to make it more recent come October.

axelandpixel
14th August 2010, 22:56
Hi,

I had the same situation at VFS before when I applied for my visa as it was more than 3 months away from my intended departure.. so the staff said that they wont accept it BUT then I told her that I will just edit what I've written on my form. Instead of April, I moved it back to March and then she accepted.

The 2 options were: edit the intended departure date OR come back again next time to re-apply and make sure that the date is not more than 3 months away from the date of application.. which of course, I opted for the first one.