PDA

View Full Version : passwords

rani
14th August 2010, 18:14
i used my son's laptop this morning and tried to access the filipino uk website but couldn't sign in to reply on any posts coz i cant remember my password and even the user name i am using here... now, i am on my laptop and i can only access the site because my datas are stored here..

so folks, since there are lots of sites, email ads and passwords to remember, how do you keep everything in mind??? :Cuckoo:

raynaputi
14th August 2010, 18:23
so folks, since there are lots of sites, email ads and passwords to remember, how do you keep everything in mind??? :Cuckoo:

I usually use same passwords and email ads depending on which sites I access the most..plus, i put it in notepads in pc and my phone... :D

stevewool
14th August 2010, 18:34
think of something you use all the time numbers and letters a everyday thing that way you should never forget

Pete/London
14th August 2010, 20:03
I do something you are not supposed to do..I write them down, I only use my credit cards online because I can never remember my pin in shops. Its getting worse as well, everything seems to require passwords and pin numbers.:yikes:

KeithD
14th August 2010, 20:15
I just use simple Welsh names like llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (http://www.llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.com/information-about-llanfair.htm)

rani
14th August 2010, 20:20
I just use simple Welsh names like llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (http://www.llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.com/information-about-llanfair.htm)

i really wonder what's in wales that everyone makes fun/joke with :rolleyes:

KeithD
14th August 2010, 20:21
:Erm: That is a REAL name :cwm24:

raynaputi
14th August 2010, 20:24

yep, true, i just Googled it! :D:Rasp:

stevewool
14th August 2010, 20:27
it means the next round is on bossman:icon_lol:

rani
14th August 2010, 20:28

uhmmmmm.... i still cant get it :NoNo: sorry for my ignorance :doh

rani
14th August 2010, 20:29

you mean that very long letters is a name in wales????? :icon_lol: its like the volcano in iceland that erupted months ago :omg:

rani
14th August 2010, 20:30

you mean that very long letters is a name in wales????? :icon_lol: its like the volcano in iceland that erupted months ago :omg:

rani
14th August 2010, 20:32
oh noooooooo... sorry for double/triple postings... my internet is acting up again :icon_sorry:

KeithD
14th August 2010, 20:32
oh noooooooo... sorry for double/triple postings... my internet is acting up again :icon_sorry:
It's not you, the forum does that now & again.

raynaputi
14th August 2010, 20:38

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanfairpwllgwyngyll :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
14th August 2010, 20:38
again

stevewool
14th August 2010, 20:39
and again

fred
14th August 2010, 20:39
He tried to use the password PENIS but it was rejected it as it wasn't long enough.:doh

rani
14th August 2010, 20:40
argh :doh thanks for the info rayna :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rani
14th August 2010, 20:41
i tried to use the password PENIS but it was rejected it as it wasn't long enough.:doh

:omg:

nice one fred :laugher:you made me laugh at this wee hour in the phils :icon_lol::laugher::icon_lol:

raynaputi
14th August 2010, 20:46
argh :doh thanks for the info rayna :xxgrinning--00xx3:

now try to say that name over and over again! :doh :icon_lol: i'm sure no one can ever hack your account or you can't even remember it if that's your password :xxgrinning--00xx3: :icon_lol:

rani
14th August 2010, 20:50
now try to say that name over and over again! :doh :icon_lol: i'm sure no one can ever hack your account or you can't even remember it if that's your password :xxgrinning--00xx3: :icon_lol:

very true but i wont dare coz i might look like this after a few months :olddude::ReadIt::crazy::)

Arthur Little
14th August 2010, 22:42

:) It's Welsh ... and is the looooooooongest placename in the world; it means "the Church of St Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St Tysilio's of the red cave".

So there you are folks ... you learn something NEW every day! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:anerikke: ... mind you, I'VE never even BEEN to Wales, :NoNo: and only discovered this particular 'pearl of wisdom' by clicking on the link kindly provided by Keith. :D

Arthur Little
14th August 2010, 22:51

:Erm: ... the :sheep::xxanimal-smiley-085:sheep:, perhaps? :D

axelandpixel
14th August 2010, 23:44
:Erm: ... the :sheep::xxanimal-smiley-085:sheep:, perhaps? :D

Yep, that's right. Bunch of sheep here. I find them cool though because we don't have them in Phils. They're very shy too. I also think it's because of how their words are spelled. Crazy.

About the password, I have 2. It depends on the site I'm registering at. Using Roboform is good as well when filling up forms in one click and at the same time, you can log in without typing your username and password again.