PDA

View Full Version : Clarrification on Phone bills - ILR visa

axelandpixel
18th August 2010, 00:34
Hi to all,

I'm on the process of gathering evidences of cohabitation for my future ILR application. I understand the requirements but I would just like to clarify one thing that confuses me. I'm planning to buy a Sim Contract for my mobile phone and have the bill sent through post so I can use it as one of the evidences. Is this acceptable? or does it really have to be a landline bill?

Does anyone know? Thanks.

xebec
18th August 2010, 14:58
There is a list of acceptable documents on the Border Agency website in the supporting document to the application form.

stevewool
18th August 2010, 15:56
hi there i sent all my calls from skype, yahoo, my phone too, so i cannot see a problem good luck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th August 2010, 18:14
Obviously, the MORE supporting documents you can produce the better ... and I would say the fact you're arranging to have the bills for your mobile phone contract sent to you through the post is good thinking on your part. But best of ALL, are Council Tax Statements bearing BOTH your names. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

axelandpixel
19th August 2010, 01:36
Thank you all very much. :)

The reason why I'm thinking of buying a sim contract for my phone is because council tax is not in my husband's name as we are currently staying at his parents' place. For now, we can't also have any utility bills in our name. (We plan to move out when we've saved enough so we can have the tax and other bills in our name. Practically, we chose to be here because it's free,of course..while coping up the money spent in regards with the expense of bringing me here and so on.)

It just confused me because I've read somewhere that some offices don't accept mobile phone bills for PHONE bills.. and seeing "phone bills" as one of the documents in the checklist worries me. You know this feeling of "I know it's okay" but still want to be reassured to ease the mind.:doh

I managed to open a bank accont though without a hassle but it's beause it's an HSBC passport account. I also attended my NIN interview yesterday and just waiting for it.