PDA

View Full Version : Tagalog Lessons in London

bushkin
20th August 2010, 21:16
Hello everyone, I'm looking for one-to-one Tagalog lessons in London with a qualified teacher. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Vicky.

Noodle-Pulp
5th September 2010, 11:04
Me too - I'm sure there's lots of people interested in this. If anyone has any ideas or information please let us know.
(I'm new here, only joined to try to find some Tagalog lessons in London)

Languish
5th September 2010, 14:18
One of the best ways to learn is to be with someone who is a native speaker :) maybe a bit much for someone who just wants lessons but i learn so much from my partner!

stevewool
5th September 2010, 14:54
i am trying to learn from emma but wow its so hard :icon_lol:

RickyR
5th September 2010, 15:28
Can I be honest, one thing that might help you before you start spending money on lessons. Is to build your vocabulary and basic grammar up, if you use the Rosetta Stone software, albiet it pricy, it is very effective at this. Then when you decide to take lessons, you would have a good grounding.

somebody
5th September 2010, 18:30
I would second what Ricky says pick up the basics first..

In fact its a shame there is not a forum on here for basic Tagalog ( I know there are other dialects and languages) but im guessing if most people could speak a better level of Tagalog it would be a start..

Noodle-Pulp
5th September 2010, 20:48
Thanks folks all good advice.. I have BYKI maybe I should persevere with that...

Mindanao Mal
10th October 2010, 08:34
Whilst in Davao City I bought a Tagalog course which consisted of 6 CDs and a coursebook. It was well within my budget unlike the Rosetta Stone course which I saw for a few thousand dollars?

Details:
Living Language
TAGALOG
A complete course for beginners $49.95 / CAN $62
Living Language. A Random House Company
copyright 2007 by Living Language
www.livinglanguage.com (http://filipinaroses.com/www.livinglanguage.com)
ISBN 978-1-4000-2349-3

Looks good to me, I started already, but they say it will take a couple of years after which you will be able to grasp the basics! It is SO different from English! It always amazes me how well all Filipinos can speak English, including my wife!

Hope it helps :)