PDA

View Full Version : schengen visa

stevewool
23rd August 2010, 15:44
hi there all , this visa is confussing me , looked in the advance search but cant find the answer i am looking for , so here goes, emma and i intend to get married around november but can we aply for this schengen visa , or have we to be married first then aply , i have a few spares weeks to have this year and rather fanct abroad then this country but can it be possible, thanks all and have a great day too :)

sparky
23rd August 2010, 18:53
be interested in the replies to this myself as Myrna doesnt want to go back to the PI this winter:yikes::yikes: so might have to have a small european side trip over Xmas ourselves

malditako
23rd August 2010, 19:14
hi there all , this visa is confussing me , looked in the advance search but cant find the answer i am looking for , so here goes, emma and i intend to get married around november but can we aply for this schengen visa , or have we to be married first then aply , i have a few spares weeks to have this year and rather fanct abroad then this country but can it be possible, thanks all and have a great day too :)

i think its better to get married first before apply steve :)

johncar54
24th August 2010, 07:13
If you are not married it may be a problem but as a married couple you should have no problems. Many (maybe all Schengen Countries) have signed up to a Directive that it is in effect illegal to keep a family separated. Thus your spouse has a right to live in 'Schengen.'

We are in Spain, it was very straightforward.

rani
24th August 2010, 08:49
its better to get married first, otherwise emma will have to present tons of documents to be able to secure a visa - you know how hard it is for us to get visas from the first world countries :doh

stevewool
24th August 2010, 15:08
thanks all just have to marry and aply straight away , just like you sparky i am planning trips to france and hoping to be away for xmas too:)

RickyR
25th August 2010, 13:28
Steve, it is an option to apply via a Member Embassy such as the French Embassy in London. It needs to be applied for at least 15 days in advance and in person at the Embassy. There is a list of required evidence below, and with that evidence you should be able to get the visa, but it could be a lot of hassle for a few days away when after November you'll be able to get a visa without any problems.

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Short-stay-schengen-visa.html

stevewool
25th August 2010, 16:51
thanks ricky its me trying to plan to far ahead, soon be november then aply then and still be away for xmas or just after :xxgrinning--00xx3:

smiler78
5th September 2010, 23:04
Hey Mr Steve hope your both well and ill be calling you soon to arrange another meet with you and Emma, just seen your post and i also looking into a Christmas trip to Bruges and not sure from reading the posts what we have to do to get a Schengen Visa or how easy it is, we are married for anyone that might be able to help that doesn't know me . Any help would be very appreciated.

Carl. :)

rusty
6th September 2010, 08:47
Hey Mr Steve hope your both well and ill be calling you soon to arrange another meet with you and Emma, just seen your post and i also looking into a Christmas trip to Bruges and not sure from reading the posts what we have to do to get a Schengen Visa or how easy it is, we are married for anyone that might be able to help that doesn't know me . Any help would be very appreciated.

Carl. :)

All the information you need to apply for the visa can be found at http://www.vfs-be-uk.com/ :xxgrinning--00xx3:

As the application is done through VFS, although the visa fee is free for spouse of EU citizen, the VFS will charge you a £24 service charge :cwm23:.