PDA

View Full Version : Get Rid of Jet Lag!!!

KeithD
24th August 2010, 13:47
It is the side effect of global travel that troubles many a holidaymaker and business executive every day.
But a new pill that could help the human body battle against jet lag is being developed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1305669/Jet-lag-pill-New-drug-answer-long-haul-travellers.html#ixzz0xWk3e0rE

RickyR
25th August 2010, 12:54
I think what we call 'jet leg' isn't purely and simply down to the time change, I think it's also down to the stress and fatigue of the experience, particularly for inexperienced travellers. People that rarely travel, can often have a sleepless night before flying, wake up early, travel far to the airport, can be there upto 3 hours before and then along with delays etc, a mere '16 hour' journey to the philippines easily turns into a 24 hour + journey from door to door.
Ask a frequent traveller who has done the same journey in business class with a lie flat bed how, who checked in online, arrived at the airport 40 mins before, used fasttrack security and boarding and knows the routine how jet lagged he is, probably not so much.

The best technique is to set your watch to destination time from the moment of boarding, and sleep to the new time zone. If you arrive in the Philippines at 10am, try not to sleep until 10pm, this will be hard, but will make resetting your body clock a lot easier.

KeithD
25th August 2010, 13:23
I always stay in a hotel at the airport the night before, saves the hassle of getting up really early, and fighting the traffic.

RickyR
25th August 2010, 13:29
I can understand that, makes life a lot less stressful

stevewool
25th August 2010, 18:44
going to and from the phils i never got jet lag

-sillybilly-
26th August 2010, 01:23
I always get the feeling like walking in a cloud or getting bumps all the time, even im only travelling 5hours by bus. So i dont know what im gonna be like again on my flight next week.
But atleast i be with my husband again (:Erm: will i really get a proper rest?:Erm:)

I hate travelling on my own so i might take some sleeping pills or probably will have a few drink on the plane to knock me off. :NoNo: