PDA

View Full Version : Spurs into Champions League group stage

Win2Win
26th August 2010, 00:12
A Peter Crouch hat-trick helps Tottenham secure their debut in the lucrative Champions League group stages as they comfortably see off Young Boys 6-3 on aggregate.

Content from... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/europe/8939577.stm)

bornatbirth
26th August 2010, 00:47
well done harry, the boys did well :icon_lol:

Ayumbar
26th August 2010, 11:40
Despite being an Arsenal fan, I am pleased for Spurs. I am more pleased for them as I like Harry as a manager. For the past 10 or so years, I could never understand how Spurs board were consistently getting their coaching appointments wrong. One exception being Martin Jol. In my opinion Jol was quite a good manager at Spurs despite one unfortunate season.

Also the transfers of the club in those years, they were signing players who in many cases were never going to help their cause to become a stronger team again. Thankfully Harry came in and has once again worked his magic. With the debut season in the Champions League, hopefully the draw will be kind to them. Although I hope Arsenal for once get an easy group in the Champions League - of course I'm joking hehe :icon_lol:

If there is one person though I am more pleased for, it has to be Peter Crouch. I was amazed to read reports linking him with moves away from Spurs. Sounded like Harry did not want him, but I just hope for Spurs that is a media story and nothing else. Crouch is a good player on the ball and in front of goal. I only just wished he did my dream team a bit more last season. When I signed him, he went through a dry patch shortly after. :omg: that reminds me, I forgot to do dream team this year.

KeithD
26th August 2010, 12:41
Another great Spurs game .... they love playing with young boys don't they :omg:

Dedworth
26th August 2010, 16:08
Maybe they'll get Roma :D

The famous Tottenham Hotspur went to Rome to see The Pope,
And this is what he said:
F_*k off!!!

les_taxi
26th August 2010, 16:42
Only one northern team in competition,but lets face it any team from down south has never one it and probably never will :icon_lol: