PDA

View Full Version : Where is your Fav restaurant and why?

KeithD
27th August 2010, 17:51
Well out of the UK I'd have to say Krazy Buffet in Las Vegas, although most Filipina's prefer my second Fav, Buffet Asia.

In the UK, I visit the Lux Garden in Aintree, Liverpool each week. :hubbahubba:

triple5
27th August 2010, 17:55
For me it would have to be the Apo View buffet in Davao

KeithD
27th August 2010, 18:07
Can you get crabs there? :omg:

raynaputi
27th August 2010, 18:19
For me, one of my faves is Sakae Sushi..i love that sushi bar! Yumyum! When i was in Singapore me and my girl friend used to eat there all the time..also one is Pepper Lunch, which originated from Japan, serving sizzling plates meal..good thing those 2 restaurants are now here in Manila too..:hubbahubba:

One favorite resto here in Manila is Dads/Kamayan/Saisaki where they serve buffet American, Filipino & Japanese cuisines..for a price of Php700+ you can eat as many as u want of those types of dishes! :D

KeithD
27th August 2010, 18:21
P700 :omg::omg::omg::omg:

The two buffets in Vegas I mentioned are only P350 :cwm24:

stevewool
27th August 2010, 18:22
the whaling company williamsburg VA, great sea food:)

stevewool
27th August 2010, 18:24
then again a fantastic place to eat the other day , was calke abbey with me and emma a picnic and all was well with the world

stevie c
27th August 2010, 18:29
rosie o gradys orlando florida superb :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
27th August 2010, 18:32
olive garden too in orlando

KeithD
27th August 2010, 18:34
I think I've been there :Erm:

stevewool
27th August 2010, 18:38
not with me :icon_lol::icon_lol:and where olive garden or florida:doh

KeithD
27th August 2010, 18:45
...:and where olive garden or florida:doh
Yes :rolleyes:

triple5
27th August 2010, 18:48
Can you get crabs there? :omg:

Yes :rolleyes:

stevewool
27th August 2010, 18:50
toni ramanos is a good place too

rani
27th August 2010, 18:58
i really dont have a favorite restaurant coz i love to eat.. as long as the resto serves yummy food, clean, good service and reasonably priced, then i will go for it... I LOVE STEAK :hubbahubba:

stevewool
27th August 2010, 19:00
rather have fish rani:)

stevie c
27th August 2010, 19:02
i really dont have a favorite restaurant coz i love to eat.. as long as the resto serves yummy food, clean, good service and reasonably priced, then i will go for it... I LOVE STEAK :hubbahubba:

im a steak man also rani i like it cooked medium rare:xxgrinning--00xx3:

rani
27th August 2010, 19:04
im a steak man also rani i like it cooked medium rare:xxgrinning--00xx3:

same here stevie... there's one resto in eastwood that serves really YUMMY wagyu steak... expensive but a must try!!! now i'm craving for it :hubbahubba:

stevie c
27th August 2010, 19:06
where is that address rani i will have to try that when im there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rani
27th August 2010, 19:08
its in eastwood mall (the new one), libis quezon city :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
27th August 2010, 19:09
Ching Palace, Salinas Drive, Cebu!!

Al.:)

raynaputi
27th August 2010, 19:14
i think rani, you're referring to Pepper Lunch. ;)

stevie c
27th August 2010, 19:15
its in eastwood mall (the new one), libis quezon city :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you rani i will try to get there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rani
27th August 2010, 19:18
no rayna... its a fine dining resto.. its called wagyu steak something.. if i am not mistaken :)

mistermatty
27th August 2010, 19:24
Fogo Samba Brazilan BQQ at the Ventian Hotel in Macau , in the runner up spot would prolly be Le Chalet in Dumangette off the ****in scale !!!!

stevie c
27th August 2010, 19:29

hey steve i expected you to say mcdonalds :laugher:

rani
27th August 2010, 19:29
thank you rani i will try to get there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

let me know if you need a companion aside from florsel.. hahaha

me and ghee are always available... right ghee :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Hellooo:

Sim11UK
27th August 2010, 20:07
Tabbing Daggart in Cagayan de Oro, fantastic fresh seafood, nice washed down with a mango shake & beer. We usually end up with a doggy bag, as there's so much.

My late Father used to work for Berni Inns, he used to get a discount so I've eaten plenty of prawn cocktails, steaks etc. when we were growing up in the 70's...You knew what you were getting...Bring it back I say. :D

triple5
27th August 2010, 20:09
No votes for jollibee yet? :cwm24:

Sim11UK
27th August 2010, 20:12

I hate that sickly sweet spaghetti :NoNo:

Doc Alan
27th August 2010, 20:17
Oasis Cafe in Scarborough ...fish + chips, mushy peas, bread + butter, cup of tea ...fantastic sea view ...all for about 6 GBP / 400 PHP ...or free if you wash up afterwards :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
27th August 2010, 20:48

sure i will do rani :D

triple5
27th August 2010, 21:16
I hate that sickly sweet spaghetti :NoNo:

But you'll drink mango shake with beer:Erm::icon_lol:

subseastu
27th August 2010, 21:28
then again a fantastic place to eat the other day , was calke abbey with me and emma a picnic and all was well with the world

Calke abbey, The wife and me walk our dog there!!!

sars_notd_virus
28th August 2010, 11:30
Where is your Fav restaurant and why?

hmmm love my restaurants of '' firsts'' :Rasp:
-Savory chicken resto (childhood days)..yeah its so classic and really savory to the bones:D
-Alfredos steak house tomas morato where i learn how to distinguish rare to medium rare steak in 6th grade:D with Dads help :icon_lol:
-old Angelino's back to back with Dean Street Cafe in pasay rd (teenage years) ...love their pizza and cold mocha java,.. dont know if the resto still exist by now but its the fave date resto
during my teenage years.
-Trellis Kalayaan ( TGIF days) ...after a long hard days of work this is my fave getaway they serve the best sisig!!! one of the best sisig i ever had!¬!!!

when i go out of town i always look for their traditional/exotic foods and one's in a lifetime
experience to eat ...ive tried the adobo snake,duck,tapang usa,sizzling wild boar hmmm so far so yummyumm!!

stevewool
28th August 2010, 11:35
Calke abbey, The wife and me walk our dog there!!!

tell is next time you are there i shall buy you a cup off tea and a slice off carrot cake :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kalabasa
28th August 2010, 12:44

and please do not forget the Kuya Ed buffet in magallanes Street.. for 99.00 pesos per person:rolleyes::D

subseastu
28th August 2010, 12:58
tell is next time you are there i shall buy you a cup off tea and a slice off carrot cake :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your on. We tend to walk from Calke village itself down past the res then round the wiers and back.

Anyway fav resturant is my kitchen, if its not being too modest I cook the best fillet staek I've ever had!!! THuogh to be fair the very best was in the old port market in Montivideo, Uraguay. Cooked on a bbq, fantastic. But mine comes a very close second in my expert opinion!!!!!

stevewool
28th August 2010, 13:29
Your on. We tend to walk from Calke village itself down past the res then round the wiers and back.

Anyway fav resturant is my kitchen, if its not being too modest I cook the best fillet staek I've ever had!!! THuogh to be fair the very best was in the old port market in Montivideo, Uraguay. Cooked on a bbq, fantastic. But mine comes a very close second in my expert opinion!!!!!

have to look out for you next time , how will we reconise each other urmmmmmm red rose? big hat ? england teeshirt , ???? i know we both shall have nice tanned ladies with us who are beautiful:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

stem298
28th August 2010, 13:40
boat restaurant in bangkok..very nice :xxgrinning--00xx3:..and also at me duckie's kitchen wherein i concocted my own kind of food and seeing it consumed heartily bymy beloved..:)

subseastu
28th August 2010, 14:35
have to look out for you next time , how will we reconise each other urmmmmmm red rose? big hat ? england teeshirt , ???? i know we both shall have nice tanned ladies with us who are beautiful:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I'll have all of those on just to make sure!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:Plus the T shirt I'll have made for next time in the wife's province. It's going to say "My name is Stu not f***ing Joe" :cwm23:Plus a knotted hanky on the head

subseastu
28th August 2010, 14:36

I'll have all of those on just to make sure!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:Plus the T shirt I'll have made for next time in the wife's province. It's going to say "My name is Stu not f***ing Joe" :cwm23:Plus a knotted hanky on the head

stevewool
28th August 2010, 15:32
hahah thats funny joe upppppps stu:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

jimeve
28th August 2010, 16:01
Fogo Samba Brazilan BQQ at the Ventian Hotel in Macau , in the runner up spot would prolly be Le Chalet in Dumangette off the ****in scale !!!!

I've been there, Le Chalet... Why not bar in Dumaguete Swiss owned and good food.

Terpe
28th August 2010, 16:12
Here in UK I currently favour Mandarin Buffet (Northampton). Just GBP13 for all you can from at least 40 dishes. They have really fresh and varied sushi Mmmm. With the salad bar selection they have 4 different dishes of prawn, squid, octopus and wait for it … Mmm smoked salmon.
I really like Pepper Lunch too. When we lived in Japan we would go at least once a week. I nearly always had the steak. When you went in you had to buy your ticket for your meal from the vending machine then hand it to the staff who would hand it to the cook….. funny! Cost was about Y800 as I recall.
In the Philippines … there are so many I love. One place that comes to mind is Tong Yang ( I think that’s how it’s spelt). It’s another buffet place (all you can eat) but the food is raw and you cook it yourself at the table BBQ style. They have just about everything from the ocean, including great crab! One place we went had draft beer included in the price (SML)

I love ‘all you can eat’ places.
I love ‘all you eat and drink’ places too. Plenty of those in Japan.

Terpe

stevewool
28th August 2010, 16:15
had many a good meal at a bbq with a great sunset sometimes cant beat that

raynaputi
28th August 2010, 16:29
...In the Philippines … there are so many I love. One place that comes to mind is Tong Yang ( I think that’s how it’s spelt). It’s another buffet place (all you can eat) but the food is raw and you cook it yourself at the table BBQ style. They have just about everything from the ocean, including great crab!...

Terpe

Oh yeah! Tong Yang is one of the best place to have hot pot meals! my family love that place! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
28th August 2010, 16:48
Why ... none other than the ubiquitous McDonald's - where ELSE? :anerikke: Whether in Panabo City, Peking or Perth ... it's invariably the same! Pleasant, smiling :smileybigtmouth:staff - in spite of being constantly rushed off their feet - always ready to serve up a succulent 'Big Mac'/Deli Meal ... with the best chips I'VE ever tasted :foudamour: and a refreshing Coke :party-smiley-012:to "wash" it down ... followed by a delicious caramel sundae ... or other mouthwatering :hubbahubba: delight mmm! And all this and more at a reasonable price... plus ... best of all ... no need to tip!!! "Aye" ... as we'd say in the land o' the :Kilt:, "Ye cannae whack :spank: it!"

stevewool
28th August 2010, 20:24
boat restaurant in bangkok..very nice :xxgrinning--00xx3:..and also at me duckie's kitchen wherein i concocted my own kind of food and seeing it consumed heartily bymy beloved..:)

thanks there chucky and a great smile too

somebody
28th August 2010, 20:47
Oh yeah! Tong Yang is one of the best place to have hot pot meals! my family love that place! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I think we go there when in Phill or some brand in a Mall. Cracks me up when the Titas start to hide the excess food in the specially prepared doggie bags so we dont get fined :rolleyes:
I love the cooking your self part makes for a great meal like an indoor BBQ:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

In the UK Just been to my Fav Resturant its a Chinese Resturant in Bayswater London forgotten the name:doh (always see loads of Phills in there) food is beautiful but like home cooking rather than haute cusine and portions decent no qualms about doggie bags, no rushing you the staff are friendly but mind their own. Nothing is to much trouble The restaurant looks decrepit and no one cares. Because its dam cheap:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Its almost like the anti restaurant which is where i spend way too many meals hating the poncey food and being bugged by over attentive staff while at work :rolleyes:

Arthur totally agree I know plenty of people who find that Macdees are a great restaurant for all the reasons u mention when abroad. But I love the way if you actually look the menu and food is just slightly altered for each market.

aposhark
28th August 2010, 22:22
The Banana Leaf Apolo - Race Course Road 58, Singapore.

Many different curries brought to the table and put on your banana leaf as the name implies.

You can eat with your hands or be really Western and get a fork and spoon. :laugher:
Magnificent food and not a place you need to get dressed up for too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
28th August 2010, 23:46
You can eat with your hands ... and *not a place you need to get dressed up for too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:cwm24: ... *I would hope NOT, :NoNo: if you're eating with your hands! :icon_lol:

raynaputi
29th August 2010, 00:00
If you guys would be around Makati area, try going to Sentro 1771...it's a restaurant which offers a modern Filipino cuisine...their specialty, Corned Beef Sinigang...the Best! http://www.chateaugroup.com/

malditako
29th August 2010, 01:01
i love the spiral in sofitel...big buffet and variety of choices...ittaliani's, tong yang and JOLLIBEE...

one vote for jollibee :xxgrinning--00xx3: i miss that chicken with rice and gravy...
buffet merienda in bario fiesta...lovely.

aposhark
29th August 2010, 01:18
:cwm24: ... *I would hope NOT, :NoNo: if you're eating with your hands! :icon_lol:

It's funny, hands do work better than knives and forks, I suppose that's why they're stuck at the ends of our arms :icon_lol:

Of course this is the way most of the people in India eat, rich or poor :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
29th August 2010, 07:53
[COLOR=black]

You can eat with your hands or be really Western and get a fork and spoon. :laugher:

An interesting point ! I understand that in some regions of the Philippines, and also Malaysia where I once worked, people eat with their hands instead of cutlery. But the rules are that you can only touch the food with your fingers (up to the second knuckle) - the food shouldn't touch your palm at all. Once you have the food between your fingers you push it into your mouth with your thumb. Quite a challenge !:omg:

rani
29th August 2010, 08:22
An interesting point ! I understand that in some regions of the Philippines, and also Malaysia where I once worked, people eat with their hands instead of cutlery. But the rules are that you can only touch the food with your fingers (up to the second knuckle) - the food shouldn't touch your palm at all. Once you have the food between your fingers you push it into your mouth with your thumb. Quite a challenge !:omg:

and the best food for rainy season???? it's garlic fried rice, egg omelette, tuyo (dried fish) with spicy vinegar dippings....SHOULD BE EATEN WITH BARE HANDS :hubbahubba:

somebody
29th August 2010, 23:27
When in Phill both in resturants or at one of the family homes. I will get all the titas and titos etc looking at me sheepishly and then after a quick word with the Wife she will pipe up Somebody you dont mind if they eat with their Hands of course im not fussed one way or the other none of my business :D But everytime we go though this as they know i prefer my cutlery when eating myself:) and don't wanna upset me, how im not sure but nice of them:)

Sim11UK
30th August 2010, 20:23
I'm with somebody on this, I like cutlery :rolleyes: The family seem to like eating with their hands, but if I do it, rice goes everywhere. :doh

malditako
31st August 2010, 11:20
I'm with somebody on this, I like cutlery :rolleyes: The family seem to like eating with their hands, but if I do it, rice goes everywhere. :doh

a bit of practice can do :)

junior02
31st August 2010, 21:09
Why ... none other than the ubiquitous McDonald's - where ELSE? :anerikke: Whether in Panabo City, Peking or Perth ... it's invariably the same! Pleasant, smiling :smileybigtmouth:staff - in spite of being constantly rushed off their feet - always ready to serve up a succulent 'Big Mac'/Deli Meal ... with the best chips I'VE ever tasted :foudamour: and a refreshing Coke :party-smiley-012:to "wash" it down ... followed by a delicious caramel sundae ... or other mouthwatering :hubbahubba: delight mmm! And all this and more at a reasonable price... plus ... best of all ... no need to tip!!! "Aye" ... as we'd say in the land o' the :Kilt:, "Ye cannae whack :spank: it!"

for the best burgers in the world try burger king in food court at the micronesia mall in guam, also many other great foods ther from around the world, hawaiin mexicana and the local chommoro food, and others..

chippy
2nd September 2010, 23:13
You will be able to take her strawberry picking next year steve in ticknall.

chippy
2nd September 2010, 23:20
I have to say it but in philippines its got to be kfc and jollybees and a nice buffet in cebu city but not sure of the name of the place all i know is same road as socail security office not far from ayala shopping center.

alanmf1
2nd September 2010, 23:52
M on the Bund,Shanghai. Exquisite menus and fabulous views in the evening.

fred
3rd September 2010, 00:05
Bella Italia in Cambridge..
Forget Italy..Go to Cambridge.

Les_lady888
5th September 2010, 01:49

:iagree::xxgrinning--00xx3: better than MP I think

stevewool
5th September 2010, 09:22
You will be able to take her strawberry picking next year steve in ticknall.

hi chippy , was going to do that but have not seen any signs up yet, must have missed that one this year, hows things with you not heard from you in a while:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
5th September 2010, 09:25
cannot remember the name but a small resturant in rome , ask and i will point you in the right direction, a wonderfull place great fun memories too , funny when you look back how many good times you had before and they do outweight the bad ones , just a throught there my friends:)

JimOttley
11th September 2010, 10:39
In Manila there was a great European restaurant on Nakpil Street in Malate called the Golden Sala they did fantastic steaks and wonderful seafood at very reasonable price for two, I think I paid 4000 peso for two exceptional three course meals including the wine, good wine at that which is unusual in Manila :) Sadly it's moved and I don't know where too :doh

My favourite in Manila (not necessarily the best) is a Korean restaurant on the corner of Remidios Circle in Malate just opposite Cafe Havana, god I can't even remember it's name :) Really good Kimchi and a fantastic Tenderloin Bulgogi.

Here in Liverpool there is a fantastic Japanese restaurant named Etsu down near the docks, Ana loved the Sushi there.

My current boss, once upon a time one of my customers, takes us out every now and then to Charlie Parkers in Crosby a few of the guys at the office were there just a week or so ago, now that place serves truly great food very hard to beat that place. It helps that my boss is pretty generous with the Champagne too :)

In Scotland my favourite and indeed probably my all time favourite restaurant is a little Indian takeaway with a tiny restaturant space next to the takeaway. The Raja in Paisley on Sneddon Street was probably my first taste of exoctic food and I really really miss their Kashmiri Chicken Curry never found anything like it anywhere else ever, totally unique flavour for Indian food.

Not the kind of place you would take your partner too and you might well think the rats would be the only creatures safe to eat the food like the news story on the beeb today but it was fantastic and still is :)

Jim

LuisaKC
12th October 2010, 14:07
Contis in Phils:) and don't ever skip the "mango bravo" desert!

rani
12th October 2010, 18:07
Contis in Phils:) and don't ever skip the "mango bravo" desert!

love the mango bravo too :hubbahubba:

malditako
13th October 2010, 08:33
speaking of dessert....im missing leche plan...:hubbahubba:

Terpe
13th October 2010, 13:34
speaking of dessert....im missing leche plan...:hubbahubba:

Mmm, my wife makes that all the time. Love it.:smileybigtmouth:

LuisaKC
14th October 2010, 09:59
Mmm, my wife makes that all the time. Love it.:smileybigtmouth:

I really need to learn this leche flan dessert... everyone loves it..maybe that can be my secret weapon to keeping my guy :) although my "creamy avocado-banana" kept him happy all summer Avocado though is seasonal:(

sars_notd_virus
14th October 2010, 11:33
I really need to learn this leche flan dessert... everyone loves it..

10 egg yolks
1 (397g) condensed milk
1 (410) evaporated milk
lemon zest
4tbsp brown sugar

Whisk all egg yolks and milk together ,except the brown sugar which u will make for syrup ..,put the syrup in aluminum tin pour the whisked eggs and milk ,sprinkled the lemon zest and steam for 35mins = Leche flan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ghee101
14th October 2010, 12:16
P700 :omg::omg::omg::omg:

The two buffets in Vegas I mentioned are only P350 :cwm24:

but it's really worth the price. with all the selection and the ambiance of the place. this is best place to take some guests if you like them to have a wide variety of food to choose from.

ghee101
14th October 2010, 12:27

oh yes!!

ghee101
14th October 2010, 12:34
hmmmm...food!

Dads/Kamayan/Saisaki - for the buffet American, Filipino & Japanese cuisines(yummm!) i just love sushi and sashimi.

Mr Kabab - for those really yummy kebab and great sauces. this place also started small.

Soms - for thai food. it's just a street restaurant, although i heard they now have a big place.

House of Minis - for steaks. not so expensive.

Contis and Red Ribbon - simple pleasures for my sweet tooth.

A Veneto Pizzeria Ristorante and The Old Spaghetti House - for my pizza and pasta cravings at a reasonable price.

DAMPA - doesnt matter which one among the restos along the bay. buy your seafood fresh in their market - fresh. then they will cook it for you while you wait and maybe do some karaoke.

Northpark Noodle House - for my chinese, very affordable meals. good for groups who want more great tasting food for a little amount.

my choir travels around the metro in search for good eats that's friendly to the pocket. aside from music, food is the next thing we love.

and lastly, coffee. where else but Starbucks.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

did i miss anything? :Erm::Erm:

oh yes!! KFC - my favorite chicken place. everything inside KFC is delish...

Jollibee - yeah, homegrown staple food since i was kid ^_^

aaahhh yes...if i have no money, stay home and cook the same meals for my loved ones.

Terpe
14th October 2010, 13:07
DAMPA - doesnt matter which one among the restos along the bay. buy your seafood fresh in their market - fresh. then they will cook it for you while you wait and maybe do some karaoke.

:iagree: :hubbahubba:

raynaputi
15th October 2010, 05:04
woohoo! :Jump: ghee, we almost have the same tastebuds..;)

Northpark is another fave resto of mine for Chinese cuisines...

A Veneto and TOSH for pizza & pasta, also Chef d'Angelo...

Mr. Kabab for their yummy shawarma...

Dampa for seafoods...my family loves to eat there..

TongYang for buffet hotpot meals..

KFC!!!...another affordable one for a big meal is World Chicken...

Dads/Kamayan/Saisaki for American/Filipino/Japanese buffet...also try Circles at Shangri-la if you're not on a budget for a wide variety of cuisines (Indian/Thai/American and a lot more buffet)

Sugi and Teriyaki Boy for Japanese cuisine too...

Pho Hoa for Vietnamese cuisine...

and of course, Starbucks for coffee! :Rasp:

:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba: what can i say, i LOVE eating!!! :D