PDA

View Full Version : There's only one Filipino UK forum

triple5
29th August 2010, 01:02
I recently had a search (just out of interest) to see if there were any other Filipino - UK forums out there (or Filipino Euro, US whatever), and there's nothing really which even comes close to this place. There's a few shoddy ones, even saw one trying to make a name for itself on free hosting :icon_lol:

Often (wannabe) webmasters build forums which just replicate others and think google will show them some love and throw a ton of traffic their way. It doesn't work like that. Forums are notoriously hard to get off the ground compared with other sites. It takes a lot of hard work and patience to even start getting search engine traffic. As with any website/company, it should be built with passion and commitment, not with an ambition to knock another one off its perch. Those that do always end up as graveyards.

For me, there is only one Filipino forum worth signing in to :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
29th August 2010, 01:09
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

jam07
29th August 2010, 01:19
ate ping and sir keith did a great job right? :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
29th August 2010, 03:28
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

rani
29th August 2010, 06:41
i'm glad to be a member of this one and only fil-uk forum :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
29th August 2010, 07:36
For those reading this thread, and maybe looking at other forums, ask yourself :How many forums do I have time for? Which is the most useful to me ? Can I contribute ? Make up your mind ! I'm still here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
29th August 2010, 11:14
true words Alan a great forum , i have never looked and i have no need to look for others , this forum welcomed me and helped me also friends past and present and yes that is who i call them friends even though may never meet up , good on yer all who keeps this forum going and adding there expperiances :xxgrinning--00xx3:

-sillybilly-
29th August 2010, 11:56
ive looked before but this is the best site ive ever found and im so thankful i become a member and actually have some friends!:)

stevie c
29th August 2010, 13:57
I recently had a search (just out of interest) to see if there were any other Filipino - UK forums out there (or Filipino Euro, US whatever), and there's nothing really which even comes close to this place. There's a few shoddy ones, even saw one trying to make a name for itself on free hosting :icon_lol:

Often (wannabe) webmasters build forums which just replicate others and think google will show them some love and throw a ton of traffic their way. It doesn't work like that. Forums are notoriously hard to get off the ground compared with other sites. It takes a lot of hard work and patience to even start getting search engine traffic. As with any website/company, it should be built with passion and commitment, not with an ambition to knock another one off its perch. Those that do always end up as graveyards.

For me, there is only one Filipino forum worth signing in to :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i could not agree more :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
29th August 2010, 17:38
Very true I remeber the early days when we used to rattle around here. Pete (I belive he is still a Mod) who along with Mr Admin wrote many great posts:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Back then you might wait a day or two for a reply sometimes. I do remember another website and about a year ago i got a message it was changed web platform so checked it out. Was full of posts but had nothing on this site.
I can also remember the US website where the Europeans had a small section which was what many of us back then had to work on.

I have noticed part of the secret to this site is the fact it remembers people need to relax and not take themselves to seriously. Anyone who has been though the process knows how it seems to take over your life and can affect you dramatically. Sometimes a joke and a laugh plus having to not take yourself to seriously is very handy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

This Site beats the lot so we should all be grateful:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
29th August 2010, 17:45
its the people new and old that contribute lots and not so much sometimes but its the feel of being part of a family that helps we all have been somewhere before the next new ones want to goso lets keep helping them all:)

KeithD
29th August 2010, 17:48
Newbies today are experienced advisors in a year or two :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
29th August 2010, 18:00
I agree with you Somebody, we are mostly Brits on here with their lovely wives or girlfriends and are just so different from the rest of the world with our use of language and humour, and our take on life. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I used to frequent sites where the Americans got so out of hand with each other that one guy was threatening to trace another member, shoot him and cut him up into small pieces. They and the Australians also thought they are so superior to everyone else and thought of the PI as their own back yard and any one else`s point of view was worthless.

This forum is so useful and its the contributors that make it so :xxgrinning--00xx3:

junior02
29th August 2010, 18:03
great site, i use it more now thats wen im not doing my 2 jobs that takes most of my time to save up for visa for my wife, the visa info that joebloggs writes is secound to none from the posts he has written:xxgrinning--00xx3:

triple5
29th August 2010, 18:14
Pete (I belive he is still a Mod) who along with Mr Admin wrote many great posts

Whatever happened to Pete :Erm: Didn't he also have his own site? I remember my very 1st post here he wrote a very informatve and helpful reply.

KeithD
29th August 2010, 18:21
He pops in now and again but is very busy with his own life now......a lot of his posts are still read via the search engines :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
29th August 2010, 18:25
There's only one Filipino UK forum

A throughbread mut offering very good advice and very idle chat and opinionated gossip..
A cross between coronation street and mastermind :rolleyes::)
The good advices is here in this forum u just need to weed it out..
So,... all the newbies why not try the search box first coz thats where everything is covered.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

..Stay tuned and keep the Love alive!!!:heartshape1:

mikey73
29th August 2010, 19:51
For me, there is only one Filipino forum worth signing in to :xxgrinning--00xx3:[/QUOTE]

so true :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
29th August 2010, 19:52
I agree with you Somebody, we are mostly Brits on here with their lovely wives or girlfriends and are just so different from the rest of the world with our use of language and humour, and our take on life. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I used to frequent sites where the Americans got so out of hand with each other that one guy was threatening to trace another member, shoot him and cut him up into small pieces. They and the Australians also thought they are so superior to everyone else and thought of the PI as their own back yard and any one else`s point of view was worthless.

This forum is so useful and its the contributors that make it so :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Very true the American site and its offshoots seemed to be full of very useful advice but also like you said had crazy flame wars which were very disturbing some of the offshoots were basically treating phills like dirt on their shoe:NoNo:

somebody
29th August 2010, 19:56
Newbies today are experienced advisors in a year or two :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Newbies back in the day didn't have a clue and still don't!! Well at least that's true for me:D

sparky
29th August 2010, 20:24
Very true the American site and its offshoots seemed to be full of very useful advice but also like you said had crazy flame wars which were very disturbing some of the offshoots were basically treating phills like dirt on their shoe:NoNo:

a lot of yanks have this opinion of anyone thats not American

considering the amount of invasions and foreign wars they start they are not good travellers overall and dont appreciate other cultures well

triple5
29th August 2010, 20:56
a lot of yanks have this opinion of anyone thats not American

considering the amount of invasions and foreign wars they start they are not good travellers overall and dont appreciate other cultures well

I met a real idiot redneck last time I was in davao, he'd spend all day bitching about the Philippines and pinoys, yet lived there full time :rolleyes:

somebody
29th August 2010, 21:09
He pops in now and again but is very busy with his own life now......a lot of his posts are still read via the search engines :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Was Petes Articles on his website copied over or archived somewhere? Many especially about those telling people as it is when just starting out on the process are invaluable :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
29th August 2010, 22:20
Nope.... but if you go to one of the archive sites you may find them there and cut'n'paste them here if you wish ;)

junior02
29th August 2010, 22:51
this is the best site if you have uk-rp or rp-uk ties, and want info. and like i said before joebloggs is second to none for important info. just hope he dosent leave the site like some have. if members like him leave i dont think this site would be so popular..

Pete/London
30th August 2010, 00:32
this is the best site if you have uk-rp or rp-uk ties, and want info. and like i said before joebloggs is second to none for important info. just hope he dosent leave the site like some have. if members like him leave i dont think this site would be so popular..

You related :D

Arthur Little
30th August 2010, 11:55
:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... three cheers for THIS site!!! :appl: Simply the best ... and great to see so many :BouncyHappy: and satisfied users.

dennie
30th August 2010, 13:03
im happy to be part of this site...:Hellooo: everything is very informative and the people who is part of this site i must say are all friendly...it is just sad that the few people i know have left the forum already... :NoNo:

Pete/London
30th August 2010, 13:17
im happy to be part of this site...:Hellooo: everything is very informative and the people who is part of this site i must say are all friendly...it is just sad that the few people i know have left the forum already... :NoNo:

Sshh...just keep looking forward:D:xxgrinning--00xx3: