PDA

View Full Version : How much can i expect to pay for my flights?

Lancashirelad
29th August 2010, 17:12
With all the experience here i thought i would ask how much should i expect pay for a return flight to Davao? :yikes:

I am flexible on travel dates and departure airport.:)

Any tips where to book and when to go.

thanks in advance....

stevewool
29th August 2010, 17:26
wow so mny questions but really you need a time first
lots of flights to look at and flying from mcr would be better for you but remember no direct flights to davao , so could be many flights

junior02
29th August 2010, 17:28
With all the experience here i thought i would ask how much should i expect pay for a return flight to Davao? :yikes:

I am flexible on travel dates and departure airport.:)

Any tips where to book and when to go.

thanks in advance....

expect to pay £700 plus with singapore, much cheaper to fly to manila £470plus and get internal flight with philippine airlines around 2500peso, all prices depend also wen u fly, but you will find it hard to get a flight lhr-dvo for under £700 at the cheapest time.

triple5
29th August 2010, 18:23
Junior's right, lhr-singapore-davao being the quickest route. Last time I went lhr-kuwait-manila (cebu pacific to davao) with kuwait airlines, cost about 600 with internal flights. You can save yourself about £100 going from heathrow rather than manchester.

Where in Davao are you staying? pm me if you need any hotel recomendations.

mike1
29th August 2010, 18:51
Last year we booked early in the year for december to include the new year and got it for £640 each which was quite good as it never was as good for the remainder of the year.
Including the new year along with christmas makes a big difference ,as you can get reasonable priced fares if you choose to return before new year but its not the same comming back before new years eve , so my advise is if you have definite dates book up asap. M

Steve.r
29th August 2010, 19:19
I only booked about 3 weeks ago from heathrow to manila with Royal Brunei for £540 if thats a help, I go on the 3rd sept (this coming friday YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

somebody
29th August 2010, 20:06
Dont forget to check out overnight stop overs. We jsut looked at flights to italy and if we stopped over in Zurich over night it was less than 50 percent of the cost. I doubt it be that cheaper for your flight but you never know.

I only needed to fly to Manila when visting the Mahal. But I do recall reading of guys stopping overnight at manila before flying in the morning. Again personal preference of course.

les_taxi
30th August 2010, 08:11
My flight will cost just under £800 return. It's not the cheapest but I will be flying with singapore airlines who are fantastic,you feel like you are buiseness class,2 lovely meals (one was steak i recall),free drinks on way out:D

Flying on the a380 airbus which is an experience in itself being the largest passenger plane in the world:xxgrinning--00xx3:

The planes,comfort and facilities are 1st class and nothing is too much trouble for the trolly dollies:D

Plus the advantage of sticking with one airline is if there is any delay in geting to singapore you still have a few hours before your flight to Davao and its the airlines responsability to get you there, not yours if you book seperate flights with other airlines

To sum it up I think its worth the extra for the luxury,and service plus no long waits in places like Doha or similar,for me it makes the journey as smooth and comfertable as possible:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
30th August 2010, 08:28
you pay for what you get , but sometimes you do get extra, i had a good trip with etihad and was upgraded , emma to was treated nice so best to stick with what you know, but then again you do have to try others but not kuwait so many bad reports

rani
30th August 2010, 14:44
i vote for etihad too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
30th August 2010, 14:47
wow ranisteve good minds think alike

Lancashirelad
31st August 2010, 00:15
Wow guys some really good advice thanks v.much.:)
From the advice Singapore Airlines or etihad sounds my best choice

Im waiting on completing my house sale which should be late Sep or early Oct, then i will be booking flights and go out Asap :)

Filipino
31st August 2010, 12:17
Check out airlines that go to Manila and to Cebu direct from UK. I only know two airlines that go from London to Cebu. Qatar and Cathay Paciifc. Get the cheapest fares from their websites. Once you have these phone around to airline agents and ask for their prices. They will probably undercut the main airline websites. Try Dial A Flight - Just search the web for them.

Check the onward costs on Cebu Pacific and Philippines Airlines from Manila and Cebu.

somebody
31st August 2010, 13:19
Worth checking the Flights where you transit though the airlines home airport ie cathay singapore and I guess the Arab Airports.

normally means they have people if time is short between connections to rush you though as a matter of course certainly Cathay have in the past at Hong Kong.

junior02
31st August 2010, 18:54
Check out airlines that go to Manila and to Cebu direct from UK. I only know two airlines that go from London to Cebu. Qatar and Cathay Paciifc. Get the cheapest fares from their websites. Once you have these phone around to airline agents and ask for their prices. They will probably undercut the main airline websites. Try Dial A Flight - Just search the web for them.

Check the onward costs on Cebu Pacific and Philippines Airlines from Manila and Cebu.

i went to cebu from london on asiana airlines and also korean air fly from lhr-ceb both via seoul. and i would say asiana is 1 of the better airlines i have been on..

junior02
31st August 2010, 19:38
I only booked about 3 weeks ago from heathrow to manila with Royal Brunei for £540 if thats a help, I go on the 3rd sept (this coming friday YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

good price, i booked week ago £585 on singapore to manila for october..

Lancashirelad
1st September 2010, 00:05
Junior's right, lhr-singapore-davao being the quickest route. Last time I went lhr-kuwait-manila (cebu pacific to davao) with kuwait airlines, cost about 600 with internal flights. You can save yourself about £100 going from heathrow rather than manchester.

Where in Davao are you staying? pm me if you need any hotel recomendations.

At the moment im looking at staying at Casa Leticia hotel or Drifters Apartel and British Bar. Also im going spend a couple of nights at moms farm in the province!:)