PDA

View Full Version : work

spurs
30th August 2010, 14:14
i know a few owners of homes for mental old people and others
do you think it would be good getting letter from one o them to say that after my gf is married he would give her a job
so she can or have work here to also say that she not be a burden to the state
not explained well
but would it help visa if my gf has prospect of work
or better not to say anything

stevewool
30th August 2010, 14:19
to me i would not say a thing at all about any sort of work :NoNo::NoNo:

spurs
30th August 2010, 14:39
thank you i take your advice
do you know best way to get docoments to phills
and costs would help (approx)

stevewool
30th August 2010, 14:53
i have replied to your other thread but i used dhl to get documents there those that are important anyway you pay either a envelope small box large box and so but the cost is more for a small box cost me £45 but there are cheaper

Dedworth
30th August 2010, 15:07
Fedex/DHL £24 - £28 here http://www.parcel2go.com/ - 4 - 5 days I put in size as 20cm x 30cm x 1cm weight 0.25kg ie envelope of papers

joebloggs
30th August 2010, 17:52
If the financial standing is marginal, and if the applicant has plans to work in the UK, a job offer letter can be included to bolster the application's strength; and failing all other evidence, the applicant may attach a CV (or academic credentials) which demonstrate favorable prospects. Note however, that this is generally the weakest form of evidence.

somebody
30th August 2010, 21:16
Stevewool and Joe both have good points. Its not a good Idea to imply to the ECO your GF soon to be Wife is here for work if badly put it could imply she is applying just to get round the Visa system.

But if as Joe says you feel it would help your case to point out if required she can obtain a Job to support herself and contribute to the household.
In our cover letter for the Wifes spouse Visa we point out her good English skills and qualifications which when things were more rosier in the job market meant she had a good chance of obtaining a Job.