PDA

View Full Version : Student to Work Visa

decyph3r
1st September 2010, 11:45
Hi,

Is this possible? Converting my Student Visa to Work visa?

I am a student and been here in London for only 4 months... Class schedule is only once a week.

I applied for a job and landed on an IT job...

Can I just talk to the company I work for if they can sponsor a working visa for me? I can aid with the financial help to process the paper.

Any advice?

joebloggs
1st September 2010, 13:26
do you qualify for tier 1?

if not they will have to advertise the job for a number of weeks, if not suitable brit/european doesn't apply then they might be able to sponsor you.

decyph3r
1st September 2010, 15:03
do you qualify for tier 1?

if not they will have to advertise the job for a number of weeks, if not suitable brit/european doesn't apply then they might be able to sponsor you.

Hi Joebloggs,

Thanks for your quick reply. When you say 'qualify'? Is this based in the point-system for Tier 1. I took the Point-based calculator self-assessment and got enough points to apply for permission in the ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk website.

Will this be sufficient enough for me to try an application?

What is the process?

TIA.

Arthur Little
2nd September 2010, 00:12
What is the process?

TIA.

TIA? I thought from your introductory thead you were JM! :doh silly me ... you're saying "Thanks in anticipation".

joebloggs
2nd September 2010, 08:14
all the process is on the web site where you took the self assessment :Erm:

thou it looks to me you might have just missed out on being able to switch in country ..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier1/general/applying/switching/#header1

might be wise to give them a call and check..

decyph3r
2nd September 2010, 13:08
all the process is on the web site where you took the self assessment :Erm:

thou it looks to me you might have just missed out on being able to switch in country ..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier1/general/applying/switching/#header1

might be wise to give them a call and check..

Looks like I missed that one out... yeah, I have to give 'em a call for clarification. Thanks so much!

decyph3r
12th November 2010, 14:02
Hi guys,

I am ressurecting this thread.

My employer decided to have me on board to their IT company, I passed the 3 month probationary period which means I am now their regular employee.

The company the I work for is willing to help me get a working visa. Who should I contact to be able to inquire what the process is? Can someone recommend a good solicitor in the London area?

Cheers!