PDA

View Full Version : Online Applications Mandatory for Visa Applications in the Philippines

RickyR
2nd September 2010, 03:28
27 August 2010: Online applications will be mandatory in the Philippines from on 13 September 2010. From 13 September 2010 the UK Border Agency at the British Embassy Manila will only accept visa applications that have been completed online. From this day all applicants will need to complete their visa application using the official online visa application system.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/applyonline

alanp
2nd September 2010, 05:53
thanks for the info I was just about to print off the application form to fill in my part and then send it to my fiance.

aryM
2nd September 2010, 10:11
thanks for the info Ricky:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
2nd September 2010, 10:16
...and for those of you who have no internet access, please do not fill in the forms. :Erm:

sars_notd_virus
2nd September 2010, 10:30
27 August 2010: Online applications will be mandatory in the Philippines from on 13 September 2010. From 13 September 2010 the UK Border Agency at the British Embassy Manila will only accept visa applications that have been completed online. From this day all applicants will need to complete their visa application using the official online visa application system.

This is a good re-organizing solution it will make the work easier for the vfs and the applicants:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
2nd September 2010, 10:39
...and for those of you who have no internet access, please do not fill in the forms. :Erm:

:gp: ... what THEN? Internet cafe'? :omg: They don't half try to make life difficult! :doh

Arthur Little
2nd September 2010, 10:50
This is a good re-organizing solution it will make the work easier for the vfs and the applicants:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:sorry-2:, Mari ... don't agree; :olddude: there're STILL some folk who aren't familiar with using computers!!! :NoNo:

KeithD
2nd September 2010, 10:52
Arthur tried to use online Tesco's the other day and now has 999 tins of prunes :cwm24:

sars_notd_virus
2nd September 2010, 11:34
:sorry-2:, Mari ... don't agree; :olddude: there're STILL some folk who aren't familiar with using computers!!! :NoNo:

its alright Sir ARt,...but we cannot move backwards:NoNo:..if an applicant can chat over the internet via internet cafe,why not fill out the forms online as well its as easy as that

Arthur Little
2nd September 2010, 11:49
its alright Sir ARt,...but we cannot move backwards:NoNo:..if an applicant can chat over the internet via internet cafe,why not fill out the forms online as well its as easy as that

:iagree:, we have to move forward ... but whereas internet cafe's are alright for casual chats with friends, filling in something as important as a visa application needs *concentration. And, as you'll know yourself, *that isn't the easiest thing to achieve in places where there's a lot of background noise. Like sitting an exam, you NEED peace & quiet!

Arthur Little
2nd September 2010, 11:58
Arthur tries to use online Tesco's the other day and now has 999 tins of prunes :cwm24:

:icon_lol: ... you KNOW, of course, what happens when folk eat too many prunes ... they end up :action-smiley-081: themseves.

sars_notd_virus
2nd September 2010, 12:30
cant comment about the internet cafe sir Art ..i will just :iagree:on folks eating too many prunes:D:icon_lol:

stevie c
3rd September 2010, 17:07

good point arthur its going to make applying even more difficult for our mahals :NoNo:

mistermatty
15th September 2010, 12:12
So hows this goin to work ....you turn up at the VFS with your supporting documents and give them the unqiue ref number of your online application and its submittied that way ???

RickyR
15th September 2010, 14:54
Pretty much, yes. Same as the US Embassy etc. They normally just go through it on the computer to check some details.

GEORDIE
21st September 2010, 09:21
Can you start the online application form and partly complete it and then save it and come back to it at a later date i.e. complete it on a piecemeal basis? For example, I'm in the UK and I'm going to The Phils in January to submit my partners settlement application. I know a lot of the details now but not everything so I was thinking to try and start the form now and complete it when we are together.

Internet Cafes in The Phils are notorious for brown outs and being very noisy with people playing video games!

Geordie

RickyR
21st September 2010, 11:31
Yes you can, don't be afraid to log in and have a play with it now and put some dummy info in to see what kind of questions it wants. Until you press the submit button, you can do as you wish, and save it so that you log in again.

katerry
1st October 2010, 01:45
whAT if i submitted a two applications with the same content? will it affect my application?:Help1:

sexiimulditah
1st October 2010, 10:17
yes i read this one a week ago i guess,which is a little bit easier to do but for those who has internet at home only ehhehehe..lucky i have one..wew its getting more and more difficult..:doh:doh

RickyR
1st October 2010, 15:22
whAT if i submitted a two applications with the same content? will it affect my application?:Help1:

Submit as many as you want, it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what you actually provide the reference number for at VFS! They will only process what you pay for!

keithAngel
2nd October 2010, 07:37

Online forms in progress and not saved are deleted after 2 days.
Online forms in progress that are saved are deleted after 7 days. You can return within 7 days and save again for a further 7 days, each time you return.
Online forms are valid for 30 days from the day you submit it. We cannot accept application forms after this 30 day period, as the data expires and is deleted. You will be asked to complete a new application if you try to submit an expired application form to a visa application centre.
If you have booked an appointment through the online application system and have a Visa Appointment Reference (VAR) number your application remains valid until your appointment date.:Erm:

RickyR
2nd October 2010, 08:55
Thanks Keith, that 30 days isn't really a long time!