PDA

View Full Version : visa application

john sergison
3rd September 2010, 12:28
good day all

we have introduced one of our friends to a philippina friend of my wife.

she is on a work permit working in cyprus

does she need to return to the philippines and apply fiancee visa from there?

or can she apply in the embassy in cyprus to avoid a return to philippines?

i ask this because i always thought that you can not change the status of a visa from working visa to fiancee visa for example.

any ideas most welcome

regards
john:Wave::olddude:

joebloggs
3rd September 2010, 13:20
nope I don't think she has to return to the Phils as long as she is legally in cyprus and is living and working in Cyprus, just apply for the visa from the nearest British Embassy in Cyprus.

Fiona
3rd September 2010, 21:04
nope I don't think she has to return to the Phils as long as she is legally in cyprus and is living and working in Cyprus, just apply for the visa from the nearest British Embassy in Cyprus.

If she is holding a working visa in Cyprus and wanted to apply a finacee visa she can do that in Cyprus. as long as her company will support her fiancee visa application, as she need to submit a letter from the employess, salary certificate if needed, and any other documents from the company to support her working visa. Just be careful in filling the form as there are some question which she need to answer that she is on a working ppermit/visa.

joebloggs
4th September 2010, 05:20
:Erm: why could she ' as long as her company will support her fiancee visa application' ?, I know nothing of Cyprus, but applying for a visa from the British Embassy is the same process no matter what country your in, and for settlement that's form VAF4A.

RickyR
4th September 2010, 11:49
No harm in making a speculative phone call to double check, generally the British Embassy will not allow applications for settlement visas and to some extent non-settlement visas outside of the country of residence. However certain situations are treated as exemptions to that rule and can be performed locally, and it's highly likely that this situation will be one of those.

http://ukincyprus.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-high-commission/contact-us/

brokenpieces
5th September 2010, 19:09
Hello, just married :D well I don't want to start a new thread so since it's kind of related I'll just post here. Am happy I got married though sad at the same time cause my husband has to go back to England already :(

My husband is not a Brtitish but they are a member of EEA. When I asked VFS for application, they said what I need is a EEA Permit / VISA.

Are all VISA requirements only those on the checklist? Or Do I need to undergo medical etc or anything else is needed aside from those list?

brokenpieces
7th September 2010, 17:47
no reply yet :( hmmm

English Rose
9th September 2010, 13:39
If you get a copy of the correct form, it will tell you everything you want to know. Best of luck!

brokenpieces
11th September 2010, 03:32
ok thanks well am guessing that's the form from VFS the one whith Yellow color