PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Certificate Incorrect Address

brokenpieces
4th September 2010, 20:07
Will the Embassy check everything including the incorrect address? Got married last August 31, and I got my personal copy of the certificate THis Friday Sept 3. I noticed that my husband's address is incorrect well not totally just the post code, instead of LU2 it's LUZ. is this okay? Or Do I really need to go to the civil registry to ask them about corrections or what do I need to do about it? Thanks.

malditako
5th September 2010, 17:11
is it in phils?..if so it doesn't matter :) as address is not a constant details...
mind u my mother-in-laws name was type incorrectly on marriage contract..but here i am now in the UK

stevie c
5th September 2010, 17:15
Will the Embassy check everything including the incorrect address? Got married last August 31, and I got my personal copy of the certificate THis Friday Sept 3. I noticed that my husband's address is incorrect well not totally just the post code, instead of LU2 it's LUZ. is this okay? Or Do I really need to go to the civil registry to ask them about corrections or what do I need to do about it? Thanks.

hi did you get married august 31 2010 or august 31 2009 :Erm:

bher
5th September 2010, 17:28

hello there.. got curious too like stevie' if u got married lst aug 31 and why u didn't got the original marriage certificate at the same day of the wedding?.. if im not mistaken' i got mine aftr the wedding...

malditako
5th September 2010, 17:53
hello there.. got curious too like stevie' if u got married lst aug 31 and why u didn't got the original marriage certificate at the same day of the wedding?.. if im not mistaken' i got mine aftr the wedding...

u cant have the marriage certificate the same day i guess as the one who do the ceremony needs to register it to the local registral after the wedding. dunno the case however if it is through judge...

bher
5th September 2010, 17:59
u cant have the marriage certificate the same day i guess as the one who do the ceremony needs to register it to the local registral after the wedding. dunno the case however if it is through judge...

had our to a judge... aftr the judge signed it.. then us.. my mom brought it to the municipal registrar( sign by the head registrar) then we got it... the original marriage contract

Arthur Little
5th September 2010, 18:05

As this is very obviously a small typographical error on the part of your local Municipal Civil Registry Office, it's unlikely [in itself] to cause any problems in the long-run. :anerikke: But, since your wedding took place just a few days ago ... and the ORIGINAL copy of the Marriage Certificate will require to be AUTHENTICATED by the NSO in Manila BEFORE it can be included with the rest of the documents needed for presentation to the British Embassy when applying for your Spousal Visa ... then it would be as well having the UK postal code amended from the outset.

:welcomex: to the forum ... and goodluck with your eventual application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

brokenpieces
5th September 2010, 18:31
Got Married on the 31st of August 2010. I got the Original copy Sept 3, 2010. It's only a Civil wedding with the Solemnizing Officer. The Solemnizing Officer said that it is okay, but am just worried well kinda scared... I don't want these error to affect my application. I don't know the process or what to do, but since this certificate is not yet forwarded to NSO, I guess changes can still be done though I dunno how.

stevie c
5th September 2010, 18:44
how long is the wait to receive the marriage contract back from nso :Erm:

Arthur Little
5th September 2010, 18:44
:Erm: ... given that the registry staff have already made one slip-up (however trivial!) it might also be a good idea to check the certificate for any other mistakes - like possible misspellings of witnesses' surnames, for example - and have them rectified at the same time to avoid delay later.

brokenpieces
5th September 2010, 18:57
I am not sure how long before you can get the NSO copy but they said that it is one month.

No other mistakes on our Certificate, just the Post code which is supposed to be LU2 instead of Luz.

I am hoping that I can fix it tomorrow, that the registry can do something about it before they submit it to NSO. Since it is a new and Fresh...

Arthur Little
5th September 2010, 19:08
The Solemnizing Officer said that it is okay, but am just worried well kinda scared... I don't want these error to affect my application. I don't know the process or what to do, but since this certificate is not yet forwarded to NSO, I guess changes can still be done though I dunno how.

:rolleyes: I imagine if the Solemnising Officer - presumably a municipal circuit/trial court judge, mayor (or other official) authorised to conduct civil ceremonies - assured you it was okay ... then it probably IS! And hence there's no need for concern; :NoNo: all YOU have to do is go along to the local registrar who compiled the certificate and ask for any changes to be carried out.

malditako
5th September 2010, 19:20
I am not sure how long before you can get the NSO copy but they said that it is one month.

No other mistakes on our Certificate, just the Post code which is supposed to be LU2 instead of Luz.

I am hoping that I can fix it tomorrow, that the registry can do something about it before they submit it to NSO. Since it is a new and Fresh...

as what sir arthur said its just a typo error..shouldnt affect ur visa application...as what i have told in my previous post...i got error as well in my marriage contract which was my mother in laws name...we didint bother to amend it and cause no trouble with us...our babys registration fine and visa as well which i got within a week...it should be fine dont worry...

Arthur Little
5th September 2010, 19:23

Good ... that's fine. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:) ... I'm sure it can be done more or less while you wait ...

Arthur Little
5th September 2010, 19:52
how long is the wait to receive the marriage contract back from nso :Erm:

:rolleyes: ... at a guess, 1 month is probably about right, Stevie. Again, it seems to depend a lot on the Registrar's Office concerned, and its workload at any given time. For instance, Myrna & myself got married on 8/12/08. Our MC was forwarded [I think] straightaway to the NSO ... but returned because of a single spelling mistake in one of the witness's surnames (which is WHY I alerted 'broken pieces' to check for any similar error!). This wasn't helped by the intervention of the Christmas holidays :doh ... and so it was after New Year before the certificate could be sent back up to Manila.

Nevertheless, things moved fast from THEN on, and we were able to get everything tied up in time to submit her application on January 20. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
5th September 2010, 19:57
:rolleyes: ... at a guess, 1 month is probably about right, Stevie. Again, it seems to depend a lot on the Registrar's Office concerned, and its workload at any given time. For instance, Myrna & myself got married on 8/12/08. Our MC was forwarded [I think] straightaway to the NSO ... but returned because of a single spelling mistake in one of the witness's surnames (which is WHY I alerted 'broken pieces' to check for any similar error!). This wasn't helped by the intervention of the Christmas holidays :doh ... and so it was after New Year before the certificate could be sent back up to Manila.

Nevertheless, things moved fast from THEN on, and we were able to get everything tied up im time to submit her application on January 20. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks arthur i shall make a point of double checking the marriage contract before it is sent to nso in manila as i dont want a similar mistake to yourselfs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
5th September 2010, 20:20
thanks arthur i shall make a point of double checking the marriage contract before it is sent to nso in manila as i dont want a similar mistake to yourselfs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good :idea:, mate ... the staff in Myrna's nearest Registration Office in Mabini, Mindanao consisted of a couple of "old dears" :oldlady::oldlady: [bless 'em] tapping away merrily on equally-antiquated mechanical typewriters. :icon_lol:

brokenpieces
6th September 2010, 09:04
Thank you for all those help and information. I just got back from the City Hall, Thank God that I am able to change it, I went to the Solemnizing Officer and then We went to the registrar and correct the Post Code. Thank God that all the spellings are now correct they said it will be delivered to NSO tomorrow.

Too bad on my way home my wallet was snatche :(

brokenpieces
6th September 2010, 09:05
hmmm snatched lol my typo again

brokenpieces
6th September 2010, 09:10
Hope it's ok to ask again and not to start a new thread ....

Am happy I got married though sad at the same time cause my husband has to go back to England already :(

My husband is not a Brtitish but they are a member of EEA. When I asked VFS for application, they said what I need is a EEA Permit / VISA.

Are all VISA requirements only those on the checklist? Or Do I need to undergo medical etc or anything else is needed aside from those list?