PDA

View Full Version : please help me, suitable housing?

pink333
5th September 2010, 14:10
Hi, i have a filipina girlfriend, we are same sex. She is on a student visa and works in a care home. I have two children. I work full time and live in council accomodation which i pay for out of my wages. We want to marry and know immigration says we have to fully support ourselves. Can she still live with me in a council property, we are paying the bills and not on benefits. Thanks.

joebloggs
5th September 2010, 17:40
yes as long as ..

Rented accommodation

If the accommodation is privately rented, the sponsor should submit a letter from the landlord that confirms both the size of the property and his agreement that an additional occupant may take up residence there. The sponsor should also include a copy of the tenancy agreement, and the tenancy agreement should have at least six months remaining until its expiry.

If the accommodation is owned by a local authority or council estate, a landlord's confirmation should also be obtained, but if this cannot be obtained a report from an independent surveyor which confirms the size and suitability of the premises can be submitted instead.

and

Overcrowding The test for determining whether or not an accommodation is overcrowded is given in the IDI's (Chapter 8, S1 annex F, paragragh 6.3). It takes the form of a table which is reproduced below. To use the table, add up the number of occupants according to the following scheme: occupants under the age of one count as zero; occupants between one and ten years of age count as one-half; and occupants over the age of 10 count as a whole person.

Number of rooms Permitted number of persons
1 ------------------------------------ 2
2 ------------------------------------ 3
3 ------------------------------------ 5
4 ------------------------------------ 7.5
5 ------------------------------------ 10

For example, a family consisting of two adults, a child aged 7, a child aged 5, and a child aged 6 months would tally as 3 persons, and would therefore require 2 bedrooms.

somebody
5th September 2010, 18:17
I think Mr Bloggs has given you a good answer, so all I can add is welcome to the Site:xxgrinning--00xx3: