PDA

View Full Version : Bank Statement of the Applicant

brokenpieces
8th September 2010, 18:02
will it help if I also have a a bank statement to present that has an amount of for example like 2,000 to 3,000 pounds?

well am kind of asking this matter because at the moment my husband doesn't have that much savings because he just got back to England from Philippines and we kind of spent our savings for the marriage and visiting places.... and his previous bank statement is kind of his been spending due to some well ...etc etc... and we didn't know about this bank statement thing that he needs to save and stuff like that like 110pounds a week... well the savings he had was spent for his travel here.....

joebloggs
8th September 2010, 21:42
he needs to send his last 6 current bank statements, if he doesn't they may ask for them or at worse they will base their decision on the evidence you supplied, which could increase your risk of refusal :NoNo:

ViesVies
8th September 2010, 22:11
Hi, I married my husband in Philippines, he was unemployed at the time and has only recent (june 2010) been in full time employment. I have heard that UK Border website no longer states that partners have to have £2000 or £3000 in personal bank account. We have both checked and neither of us can see this stated anymore. I have heard however that as long as my husband has at least £100 approx spare at the end of each month after all his expenditures that my visa might be granted. I dont know if this is true but we are both looking into it. My husband spent much of his savings and is now trying to recover. We married over a year ago and just want to be together, nothing more. I hope and pray your outcome is pleasant
Viesvies

somebody
8th September 2010, 23:04
You say he doesn't have much savings but is he in the black? Ie not overdrawn? If so I cant see if explained in the cover letter that your husband is saving and has plenty of spare income to help you. That also you will bring with you savings to ensure that you will not need recourse to public funds. Pinays have show they have savings before when the Husband bank balance was not so good and they were granted a Visa:)

As a Marriage is a equal partnership who is to say who needs the savings as long as they are available to the household to ensure public funds are not needed.

Id like to see an ECO working under UK equality Laws say the Wife is not the equal of the Husband..

Arthur Little
9th September 2010, 01:24
As a Marriage is a equal partnership who is to say who needs the savings *as long as they are available to the household to ensure public funds are not needed.

:iagree: ... *that's surely the MAIN thing!

Arthur Little
9th September 2010, 01:27
Id like to see an ECO working under UK equality Laws say the Wife is not the equal of the Husband..

Quite! ... :gp:

Arthur Little
9th September 2010, 01:52
Besides (and I hope this will also go some way towards reassuring our two ladies here!) the Embassy OUGHT to be aware of just how costly it IS :rolleyes: for husbands to travel to the Phils in order to spend much-needed time with their LAWFULLY-WEDDED wives ... and simultaneously build up sufficient photographic evidence of them being pictured together as COUPLES :love2::hugx::love2::hugx: for the sake of satisfying the "powers that be" of their [usually] genuine relationship.

brokenpieces
9th September 2010, 08:54
Quite! ... :gp:

yeah coz before my husband arrived he used to have a satisfactory bank statement... and he was his two times this year and of course we didn't know that there are those kind of stuff about bank statement he was actually sad when we found out he said if he only knew he could have started saving last april well because we are both impatient to be together at the moment that's why we are sad... so hard to be far apart...

brokenpieces
9th September 2010, 08:57
Do they also need to check my bank statement in the same manner? Like I have to show them my bank statement within 6 months? that I have that kind of money?

What if the one who ows me just paid me :bigcry:

joebloggs
9th September 2010, 13:13
no its up to the sponsor to show they can support you without you needing recourse to public funds, but of course if you have money then providing some evidence will only help with your visa app.

brokenpieces
11th September 2010, 03:29
I hope that if I will do it's not going to be like I have to show 6 months of my bank statement as well ....:Erm:

ViesVies
12th September 2010, 14:58
I hope that if I will do it's not going to be like I have to show 6 months of my bank statement as well ....:Erm:

Im confused, does my husband send me bank statements here in phils? I thought embassy would contact him to send documents to them directly..Im so confused now.

brokenpieces
12th September 2010, 17:33
As far as I understand on the checklist your husband need to submit it to you, and you will be the one to submit it to the embassy along with the other documents that you're going to submit for your application...

Arthur Little
12th September 2010, 18:28
As far as I understand on the checklist your husband need to submit it to you, and you will be the one to submit it to the embassy along with the other documents that you're going to submit for your application...

Yes ... that is the correct procedure. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

brokenpieces
13th September 2010, 14:35
:) although I am really curious is there a website or a manual where I can really see or read the requirements like how much savings your partner should have...

sars_notd_virus
13th September 2010, 17:39
It is not based on the size of your bank account...the ECO is more interested in how much money left each pay period after paying bills and tax,be able to support yourselves entirely without recourse to public funds.
and have adequate accommodation.

this link gives good advice:
http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/spouse/

brokenpieces
14th September 2010, 18:01
ty I will check it

brokenpieces
11th October 2010, 22:45
Is it really necessary for my husband to send me a remittance or allowance or support every month? Or not? Because what if I can just support myself on my own and he really doesn't have to send me... does the home office really requires that there is a support from my husband that I am dependant to him? Anybody? Help??:Hellooo:

grahamw48
11th October 2010, 23:26
I know lots of people who just had (borrowed) funds temporarily put into their account so it showed plenty on the statements submitted.

More than one way to skin a cat.

Similarly, anyone can agree to rent their house to you....long as it's in writing ... or offer you a job.;)

Civil servants just want to be able to tick boxes.
I know. I used to be one. :Cuckoo:

brokenpieces
13th October 2010, 00:23
what do you exactly mean can you specify in detail? because I dunno if there's a way that we don't need to wait and save money for six months.... and about the house.... can you specify it grahamw48 thanks

grahamw48
13th October 2010, 00:43
If your sponsor wants to show 'sufficient funds' (apart from normal pay), all he needs to do is get a very short term loan from a friend or relative and put it in his bank so that it shows on the statement. Can give it back the next week, or whatever.

With the house:
If I have a friend who decides to rent their house to me, complete with a rentbook, etc then I have accommodation don't I.

I don't actually have to take them up on the offer, but again, I have the documents I need for the visa. ;)

Rosie1958
13th October 2010, 06:09
If your sponsor wants to show 'sufficient funds' (apart from normal pay), all he needs to do is get a very short term loan from a friend or relative and put it in his bank so that it shows on the statement. Can give it back the next week, or whatever.

With the house:
If I have a friend who decides to rent their house to me, complete with a rentbook, etc then I have accommodation don't I.

I don't actually have to take them up on the offer, but again, I have the documents I need for the visa. ;)

Personally, I'd think twice about supplying what in effect are false/ fraudulent documents as you run the risk of being found out. Your application could automatically be refused and you may be banned from coming to the UK for 10 years if you use a false document.

Rosie1958
13th October 2010, 06:21
..........Civil servants just want to be able to tick boxes.

I'm a former civil servant too ...... ex Inland Revenue ........ stand by your beds! :xxaction-smiley-047 :icon_lol:

Terpe
13th October 2010, 08:18
I'm a former civil servant too ...... ex Inland Revenue ........ stand by your beds! :xxaction-smiley-047 :icon_lol:

Hehehehe..... guess what?:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Retired now.:)

The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off. :bigcry:

grahamw48
13th October 2010, 10:34
They are NOT false documents. :)

Terpe
13th October 2010, 11:56
Personally, I'd think twice about supplying what in effect are false/ fraudulent documents as you run the risk of being found out. Your application could automatically be refused and you may be banned from coming to the UK for 10 years if you use a false document.

brokenpieces, please take special notice of this sound advice

Terpe
13th October 2010, 12:19
brokenpieces

Please take time out to read the following:-

Concerning supplied bank statements, these need to cover at least the previous 3 months (preferable 6 months) If there are disproportionate deposits and/or withdrawals in the bank statements, there is a probability that explanations
may be required.

Concerning the house/flat, If the sponsor rents a flat or house, the tenancy agreement should be provided. If the applicant is not a signatory to the tenancy agreement, then an additional statement from the landlord (or estate agent) may be required that includes agreement that the premises will be occupied by an additional person.
If an existing tenancy agreement is to be used, it may need to have six months before expiry.
If the tenancy agreement does not have six months before expiry, then an additional statement from the landlord (estate agent) may be required showing intent to renew at the same terms.

Just to let you know some of the possibilities.

LuisaKC
13th October 2010, 16:34
I know lots of people who just had (borrowed) funds temporarily put into their account so it showed plenty on the statements submitted.

More than one way to skin a cat.

Similarly, anyone can agree to rent their house to you....long as it's in writing ... or offer you a job.;)

Civil servants just want to be able to tick boxes.

hello Graham its me again:) ( yeah i've been lurking around everywhere here too lol)... isnt it too obvious if a big amount of savings suddenly comes in my account for the last...lets say 2 months only?? what if I or that filipina here doesn't have a job? isn't that more risky for the application? Im not applying for anywhere right now... but if its too conspicuous to just suddenly have a BIG amount on my SA i'd do the transferring-in/out now:D

grahamw48
13th October 2010, 21:00
It's the British sponsor who has to show sufficient funds to support you.

Obviously that includes being able to show proof of earnings and savings (bank statements plus pay slips).
The extra funds would just be useful to show that there is enough money for air tickets, etc. If for instance my parents decided to donate £5,000 to this fund (savings account) then that is none of the govt's business.

The Filipina can be penniless if she's coming on a fiancee/spousal visa...doesn't matter.

Sponsor simply needs to show that you're both going to have somewhere suitable to live permanently (rental agreement/mortgage papers).

To put it simply: The government wants to make sure that they're not going to have to support you or your partner courtesy of our welfare state.

They also need to establish that the relationship is genuine, and that you're not really just coming here for 'economic advantage'...hence all the other copies of letters,emails, pictures of you together in Phils, etc.

It is when people tell lies, or are thought to be telling lies that they are likely to be turned down at interview, even if everything else appears to be in order. So always tell the TRUTH.

Seeing as my brother was the the head of Visa sections WORLDWIDE at the Foreign Office, I do have a bit of inside knowledge.

He did actually ask me what I thought of the service at the Manila embassy, and I had to tell him it was ***t ! :NoNo:

Rosie1958
13th October 2010, 21:02
Hehehehe..... guess what?:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Retired now.:)

Oh wow ...... what a small world, we may have even come across each other but I left in the early 1980s

They are NOT false documents. :)

Graham ....... bend over, you naughty man! :action-smiley-081::xxaction-smiley-047:icon_lol:

Terpe
13th October 2010, 21:20
Oh wow ...... what a small world, we may have even come across each other but I left in the early 1980s:

I didn't start till 2003. Just a newbie.:D
I worked on the Employers Team, Compliance and later with UKBA... whoops secrets are out:doh

brokenpieces
13th October 2010, 22:25
GRaham so how much exactly is what they need let's say how much are they requiring that you have in your bank account or how much are they requiring that you are saving each month? this is for the sponsor... is it true that the sponsor needs to be able to save 110pounds per week? for 6 months? I wanna know how much exactly...

Thank you very much to all of you for commenting and giving advices....

Thanks to Rosie as well for warnings....

grahamw48
13th October 2010, 23:23
Graham ....... bend over, you naughty man! :action-smiley-081::xxaction-smiley-047:icon_lol:

Well, rules are there to be massaged....at least that's what my MP told me (and most of the accountants in this country). :)

brokenpieces
18th October 2010, 02:54
So any idea if it is really 110pounds per week?

And about the accomodation is there really a requirements about the size of the room like 50 square feet in dimension. I don't even know what's the size of 50 square feet in dimension.

grahamw48
18th October 2010, 10:58
I'm afraid I'm not up to date with current financial requirements, but hopefully someone else on the board may be able to advise.

50 squ feet is about the size of a large CR, so I don't think you'll have any problems with room size here.

Even a single room apt. should be a little larger than that ! :icon_lol:http://filipinaroses.com/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

joebloggs
18th October 2010, 13:24
The extra funds would just be useful to show that there is enough money for air tickets, etc. If for instance my parents decided to donate £5,000 to this fund (savings account) then that is none of the govt's business.

you might not think so, but without explaining where the large deposit came from and why, you could increase your risks of refusal :NoNo:

grahamw48
18th October 2010, 13:33
If the applicant couldn't have shown sufficient funds WITHOUT a few thousand in their savings account, then I'd have thought they would be refused anyway.

A bit extra won't do any harm. :)

When I arranged visas for my stepchildren I wasn't even living in the UK. I was living and working in Hongkong. The ex and the kids were living in the Phils, and later moved to Hongkong for a few months before I returned to the UK.

What I did have was a Hongkong bank statement showing a credit of several thousand pounds, a written offer of permanent employment in the UK, and a letter plus rental agreement for accommodation at a friend's house.

Worked for us.

Arthur Little
18th October 2010, 15:02

:gp: ... know the feeling only too well!

brokenpieces
16th November 2010, 00:46
HELLLLLOOOOOOOOO :) how long exactly is the normal processing once you already submit your application?

joebloggs
16th November 2010, 01:23
anything from 1 day :xxgrinning--00xx3: to weeks :NoNo:

but good luck, and hopefully very soon :rolleyes:

purple
16th November 2010, 05:58
Help, I have a little dilemma, I have submitted my spouse visa last week. Until now, I have not heard from the whiteys yet. My husband is eager for me to fly to wet and cold UK.

I am not sure what took them longer this time to process. (My previous visit visas were refused in just 1 day processing) Can anyone here tell me if me and hubby submitted the right documents?
- certs from shares and investments
- bank statements (but hubby doesn't put savings in the bank goes to investments so there are over withdrawals)
- mortgage statement of the house (showing that he got only this last month to pay and then mortgage is fully paid)
- council tax
- let payments of properties from his letting agent
- p60
- payslips
- photocopy of his company ID
- utility bills (electric and gas)
- Budget plan

Do you think would this be enough from him as a sponsor. I have submitted the papers last week though. Just feeling a little impatient because it has been 1 week and only got message that it is still being processed. My husband's birthday is in 3 weeks time.

Terpe
16th November 2010, 10:32
Help, I have a little dilemma, I have submitted my spouse visa last week. Until now, I have not heard from the whiteys yet. My husband is eager for me to fly to wet and cold UK.

I am not sure what took them longer this time to process. (My previous visit visas were refused in just 1 day processing) Can anyone here tell me if me and hubby submitted the right documents?
- certs from shares and investments
- bank statements (but hubby doesn't put savings in the bank goes to investments so there are over withdrawals)
- mortgage statement of the house (showing that he got only this last month to pay and then mortgage is fully paid)
- council tax
- let payments of properties from his letting agent
- p60
- payslips
- photocopy of his company ID
- utility bills (electric and gas)
- Budget plan

Do you think would this be enough from him as a sponsor. I have submitted the papers last week though. Just feeling a little impatient because it has been 1 week and only got message that it is still being processed. My husband's birthday is in 3 weeks time.

purple,

Just keeping it simple:-

In terms of accomodation

Details of suitable accomodation
Mortgage payments that appear in the bank statements.
A letter from the mortgage provider and ideally an appropriate entry from the Land Registry

In terms of finances

Evidence that you can support yourselves without recourse to public funds.
Normally, pay slips for at least the last 3 months(6 months is better)
(P60 if no pay slips available)
Bank statements for at least the last 3 months (6 months is better)

Notes: disproportionate deposits and withdrawals in the bank statements need
to be clearly explained in the sponsor's letter.
Bank statements should not really show overdrawn accounts
Showing evidence of savings will help

I assume that all other docs you supplied are in line with UKBA requirements.

It may be taking some time to process as you submitted quite a lot of financial docs

purple
16th November 2010, 20:53
I assume that all other docs you supplied are in line with UKBA requirements.

It may be taking some time to process as you submitted quite a lot of financial docs

Thanks a lot Terpe... so looks like it will take weeks for them. I've told hubby but won't listen to me. Thinks he is always right. (sigh)

Terpe
17th November 2010, 06:37
Thanks a lot Terpe... so looks like it will take weeks for them. I've told hubby but won't listen to me. Thinks he is always right. (sigh)

purple,

The ECO is not an accountant. They need to very easily see that finances are OK or not.
Just hang on in there, shouldn't take too much longer.
I guess your hubby just wants to do the best he can.
Like all men. :D

purple
17th November 2010, 21:15
I hope so... tnx a lot Terpe, you just make me feel better.
a bit frustrated because I've applied for visit visas before april (first general visit) second september (family visit) after we got married but all were refused, eco was not convinced I will return but I think its because I applied for wrong category of visa which hubby thinks was right visa. I wonder if its got something to do with previous applications. I mentioned both with references in my spouse application. As I recall, previous applications will not affect my present one. Is that right?

Terpe
17th November 2010, 21:36
purple
According to the rules each application is made on it's own merits.
Unless serious like previous overstay or false statements etc

purple
18th November 2010, 14:03
purple
According to the rules each application is made on it's own merits.
Unless serious like previous overstay or false statements etc

nothing false from previous statements, all were genuine. I did not however submitted bank statements though as I don't have big chunks of savings and we were focusing so much on the sponsorship with visit visas.
still nothing from uk embassy.:bigcry:

sars_notd_virus
18th November 2010, 14:51
I don't have big chunks of savings

It doesnt matter how BIG your savings are because the ECO will not expect all the applicants to be rich...what is important is how u manage your accounts,a bank account which is ''consistently overdrawn'' is not a good sign and can be a risk to any visa application.

brokenpieces
19th November 2010, 01:10
It doesnt matter how BIG your savings are because the ECO will not expect all the applicants to be rich...what is important is how u manage your accounts,a bank account which is ''consistently overdrawn'' is not a good sign and can be a risk to any visa application.

does this mean? that aside from the sponsor I myself needs to have money on my savings all the time or within six months? THis is for EEA Permit, and by the way, how much exactly are they requiring for the bank account statement of sponsor? like how much every month?

Thanks....

grahamw48
19th November 2010, 01:41
If it's a spouse visa, don't think they're interested in the wife's finances.

My wife certainly didn't have a peso. :icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
19th November 2010, 10:17
does this mean? that aside from the sponsor I myself needs to have money on my savings all the time or within six months? THis is for EEA Permit, and by the way, how much exactly are they requiring for the bank account statement of sponsor? like how much every month?

Thanks....

sponsors finances plays the major role when it comes to spouse/fiance visa as what Graham stated above

brokenpieces
20th November 2010, 20:24
Thanks for all the information, but really right now my husband and I still can't make any application because of financial issue well as we don't know how things work before about bank statement and etc.... a lot of things is a mess right now because of our lack of knowledge about this... well as we all know travelling from UK to Philippines cost a lot that's why we don't have any savings well at least a good one that we can show ... this is why am so concerned about bank statement like how much do they really require? How do they base things? If it is based on earnings.... or they are requiring an amount on how much you should save???

Terpe
21st November 2010, 09:05
Thanks for all the information, but really right now my husband and I still can't make any application because of financial issue well as we don't know how things work before about bank statement and etc.... a lot of things is a mess right now because of our lack of knowledge about this... well as we all know travelling from UK to Philippines cost a lot that's why we don't have any savings well at least a good one that we can show ... this is why am so concerned about bank statement like how much do they really require? How do they base things? If it is based on earnings.... or they are requiring an amount on how much you should save???

This is what I've posted before:-
There really isn't any actual amount stated in the 'immigration rules' that indicate
just how much is considered as 'sufficient'.

Basically, the UKBA will be looking at the amount of money left after any key fixed/regular
expenditure (such as rent or mortgage payments etc)
We all have different key fixed/regular outgoings.
(eg payments of Child support would also be considered a key fixed/regular payment)

Various Immigration Tribunal's have concluded that it would not be appropriate to have
immigrant families existing on resources that were less than the 'Income Support
Level' for a British family of the same size. This is probably the best guide available.

In principle this means that if it is likely that the amount of money that the applicant and sponsor will
have to live on would fall short of that available for a family of similar size from welfare benefits
then the ECO may consider this as appropriate grounds for refusal.

The 'Income Support' rates I have managed to find are:-

Type of person...............Weekly amount (2010/2011)

Single - age under 25.......................51.85
Single - 25 or over.........................65.45
Lone Parent - under 18......................51.85
Lone Parent - 18 or over....................65.45
Couple - both under 18......................51.85
Couple - 1 under 18, 1 aged 18 to 24........51.85
Couple - 1 under 18, 1 25 or over......... 65.45
Couple - both 18 or over...................102.75
Each dependent Child - up to 20 ............57.57

This was the source for these amounts:-
http://www.focusondisability.org.uk/brates-1.html

You will see for a couple that you should ideally have about £103 per week AFTER deduction of key unaviodable outgoings.
This does not necessarily mean it must be saved, just that it is disposible for use
Hope this helps

joebloggs
21st November 2010, 10:33
[QUOTE=sars_notd_virus] It doesnt matter how BIG your savings are because the ECO will not expect all the applicants to be rich...what is important is how u manage your accounts,a bank account which is ''consistently overdrawn'' is not a good sign and can be a risk to any visa application.

your applying for a family permit ?, I think your husband is Lithuanian ?
then savings do not matter as much, if your husband is exercising his treaty rights in the uk, then he has a virtual legal right to bring you to the UK.

the only reason they could refuse you is if they think its a sham marriage.

has he registered with the WRS ? http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/eea/wrs/
how long has he been working in the uk ? i think i've asked you this b4 :doh

stop worrying about savings and bank accounts most if not all of this olny applies to those married to Brits

brokenpieces
21st November 2010, 18:08
Yes he is registered to Worker Registration Scheme and he submitted an application for EEA1 I think 2 weeks ago.

Yeah you asked me that before about how long has he been working :) Well it's ok , I know you've been answering so many questions here so it's normal not to remember every detail :). He's been in UK since 2008 and been working since then. Though right now he is working on a different company since October of this year.

What exactly are their basis to accuse you of "Sham Marriage"?

I aksed this question before am not sure if you're the one who answered it. But I remember it says like If you don't have a common language that you can use to communicate with each other, Got married after first meeting, applying right after the marriage.... those are kind of suspicious and obvious, what about anything that is not obvious .... well you wouldn't know they will just decide out of the blue on their own like they'll just decide on their own opinion that you have a Sham Marriage and you're clueless why.... LOL

I know I ask too much question, I'm just worried/scared because I kind of don't like to fail, like you're hoping and hoping and waiting then you'll find out you're disapproved....
My husband most of the time is positive about things and the way he thinks, and me am the one who's always before you do this I wanna know more and more first, I don't want him to be more frustrated, he has already been this past 2 months because of this issue.

I am glad that there are those people like you, who helps people like me.

Thanks.

joebloggs
21st November 2010, 21:26
how many times have you met ? how long have you known each other?

you should not need to worry about the sham marriage, as long as you provide everything asked for with your family permit app you should be granted your visa.. , its very difficult for the embassy to refuse you becuase its his legal right that as your wife you can join him.

so relax take it easy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

brokenpieces
22nd November 2010, 03:35
Well as for being in a relationship it's more than a year, we met last April stayed here till the first week of May... then the second one is August then stayed till the first week of Sept... and now he's back to England :(

OKay, I guess I will have to check and read everything thoroughly, he was actually just asking for some advice to some solicitor though we are not convinced about what he said. You see he's the one who adviced to apply for spousal visa when before we are really preparing for EEA and now we both wrote to ukba and some online initial help and here everyone says EEA. :icon_lol: so now we are back to EEA but we still need to check on everything....

Thanks so much for your help!!!! Really Good one....:)

joebloggs
22nd November 2010, 09:06
you shouldn't have any problems getting your visa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

so stop worrying :D

brokenpieces
23rd November 2010, 04:21
Thanks a bunch .... it's really good here that you guys are helping, without your help I dunno maybe I still don't know about what we really need... and would still be in circus "no how" :D

Ako Si Jamie
28th November 2010, 15:50
According to my lawyer, you need at least £1,000 in your bank account with a weekly income of at least £200.

joebloggs
28th November 2010, 18:42
According to my lawyer, you need at least £1,000 in your bank account with a weekly income of at least £200.

not for a family permit, you virtually have a legal right to be with your partner unlike us Brits and everyone else :angry:

brokenpieces
20th December 2010, 19:02
would there be a problem if like.... my husband and I we are planning next year after he save some money like he would stay here in Philippines longer .... but would this affect his stay in UK since he's not a citizen and we haven't heard from his application just yet about the EEA1 application.
just in case you know we kinda want to stay here longer well that is when he comes back next year would this affect his stay in UK or on my future EEA application? thanks

brokenpieces
20th December 2010, 19:03
By the way Joe thanks for all your help... I am curious :) How do you know all these stuff? Are you working to some agency or are you a lawyer? Where are you getting all the info?

joebloggs
20th December 2010, 20:42
how long for ? a holiday ??
would the uk be his home still ?
I'm sure it would help if he got his registration certificate thou he doesn't really need one.

me a lawyer :laugher: i :cwm23::angry: them :NoNo:
no i'm the same as everyone else on here married to a filipina and been thru many visa's :D

brokenpieces
21st December 2010, 19:04
Wow you've been thru many VISAS? hmmmmm that's intriguing hehehehe:icon_lol:

Well The main reason that we do not have a date just yet for submitting application is because he doesn't have a good bank account statement just yet since he got back from here last September and then He also went to Lithuania for vacation so Like and other stuff so he is just starting to have good account this Month of December but I guess everything will be ok on January hopefully well that is to start saving for good bank account that is why I have been bugging :icon_lol: everyone around here and specially you :icon_lol: about bank statement because at the moment that's our major problem hehehehe and the one that's holding us for submitting application and the fact that he was only here twice and only stayed for 17 days each visit those people I dunno just don't wanna risk that those people will think that our marriage is not real gosh :angry: :icon_lol: :rolleyes:

Well we are going to talk about it this weekend like how long but we are talking about one month or maybe even 2 months of stay here and yeah he will come back to UK afterwards. So will that affect anything????????? about the application? Well if in the event we decided something like that I'll be working and he's staying at home :icon_lol::Jump::icon_lol:

brokenpieces
21st December 2010, 19:07
By the way hehehe well just curious that's why I asked if you are a lawyer or working with the agencies :) Like how you found those sites and stuff, are they updated and can we ask for any help or questions from the site you posted the last time about EEA Permit

brokenpieces
21st December 2010, 19:12
this one http://www.lawcentreni.org/EoR/immigration/marriage-and-relationships-eea-regulations.html#2

do you think they will answer or free questions? and is this updated

joebloggs
21st December 2010, 23:41
yes i remember your husband is Lithuanian :D

but your husband is applying for a family permit so financial or accommodation requirements are less important than for those applying for a spouse visa.

brokenpieces
2nd January 2011, 05:47
Thank you so much joe and by the way do you know someone who just recently applied for family permit that got approved and doesn't have much on their bank account? let's say only have 1000 in their account.......

joebloggs
2nd January 2011, 09:48
Thank you so much joe and by the way do you know someone who just recently applied for family permit that got approved and doesn't have much on their bank account? let's say only have 1000 in their account.......

they should not refuse you because of his savings :NoNo: he has virtually a legal right to bring you to the UK, (unlike us Brits :NoNo:)

brokenpieces
2nd January 2011, 22:17
I wonder why is that? Hehehe why is it more difficult for Brits? What's the deal about that?

joebloggs
2nd January 2011, 22:50
treaty rights, you can not excerise them in the country your a citizen in, so us brits have to apply under the british immigration system where you have to show evidence of savings etc, , while europeans in the UK have to use European immigration laws, where you dont have to have as much evidence.

brokenpieces
2nd January 2011, 23:09
Hmmm I see , so if you are in other country in Europe so you have to follow the immigration rules of that country you are citizen with the treaty rights only apply if you're in different country

joebloggs
2nd January 2011, 23:30
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
if i was working in say germany and i wanted to apply for a visa to bring my wife from the phils to live with me in germany, i would (similar to you) apply at the german embassy in manila for a family permit for my wife . :xxgrinning--00xx3: but i can not apply for a family permit from the uk, as i'm british :NoNo:, i would have to apply for a spouse visa

Arthur Little
3rd January 2011, 01:40
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
if i was working in say germany and i wanted to apply for a visa to bring my wife from the phils to live with me in germany, i would (similar to you) apply at the german embassy in manila for a family permit for my wife . :xxgrinning--00xx3: but i can not apply for a family permit from the uk, as i'm british :NoNo:, i would have to apply for a spouse visa ...

... aye, and there's the rub! :angry:

brokenpieces
6th January 2011, 20:31
heheh ok... well I know that everyone is saying that bank account doesn't matter for the EEA permit but you know I can't help being scared about denial...... that's why even if you guys kept saying that it's ok am still nuts LOL but yeah at the moment our only concern is the bank statement and accommodation as well on that website about requirements we saw like there's a regulation about accommodation and he's now sharing with a friend so he will move out he wants to move out anyway :icon_lol: so we can have our own and s we can meet the requirements but then like you said those stuff doesn't matter am just nervous and scared about it.... well what if his bank account is really really bad hahahaha what would the home office or immigration would think :yikes:

joebloggs
7th January 2011, 00:36
acommondation should not be a problem for you, he needs a premenant place in the uk thats all. rental agreement etc

brokenpieces
7th January 2011, 06:41
OK well I just read it to this accommodation requirement saying that if it is one bedroom house/flat the occupant should only be 2, in that 2 is the sponsor and then you.... if there's like 2 bedroom the occupant allowed is only 3... hmm I forgot the site but read it there... that's why we were worried bout it too coz at the moment he is in one bedroom flat but they turned it into two bedroom instead of living room the other room is occupied by his friend.... oh well but he's the only one registered there.... yeah am nuts and worrisome :Hellooo: :NoNo: I am very thankful for all your help....

brokenpieces
10th January 2011, 03:13
I have another question about Residence permit about this one --> http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/supportingdocseeafamily

Uncer the "Information about your sponsor in the UK"

"Evidence of your sponsor's nationality"

it says residence permit

is it the EEA1? or different do we need this?

thanks