PDA

View Full Version : mid year visa price increases from 1st Oct 2010

joebloggs
11th September 2010, 22:08
I dont remember a mid year price increase b4, but the gov has done it

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/aboutus/fees-wms-ia/2010-autumn/wms.pdf?view=Binary

Arthur Little
11th September 2010, 23:14
:doh ... that's ALL we need!

joebloggs
11th September 2010, 23:32
and as mentioned in the other thread about ILR
most people on here will have to pass the English language test as it will be compulsory from 29 November 2010.

Arthur Little
11th September 2010, 23:46
and as mentioned in the other thread about ILR
most people on here will have to pass the English language test as it will be compulsory from 29 November 2010.

Wouldn't have thought so, Joe :NoNo: ... NOT if they've already sat and passed the 'Life in the UK Test' ... as Myrna already has ... :Erm:

alanp
12th September 2010, 05:27
oh Great :NoNo::bigcry:

joebloggs
12th September 2010, 07:51
Wouldn't have thought so, Joe :NoNo: ... NOT if they've already sat and passed the 'Life in the UK Test' ... as Myrna already has ... :Erm:

the statement from ukba is badly worded, but i think the word 'initial' application could mean your wife wouldn't need to take the test, it looks like the English language test does not apply to persons already on Spouse visa awaiting ILR, the only requirement is the existing KOL.

stevewool
12th September 2010, 09:45
as i said in another thread emma and i was doing the life in the uk and i fail 5 times what utter crap questions on there the percented of this and that , most proberly in my case i dont bother about how many jews or indians are living here and some of the policys made here too but hay ho, i think i would myself be rather banned from england then my mates in here :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

katie37pinayuk
12th September 2010, 20:13
it really pays to visit this forum regularly. i check ukba website but i don't notice this information straight away. thanks joe :)