PDA

View Full Version : Need advise on my son's visa

Dee31
12th September 2010, 13:38
I am going to apply for my sons visa this month. And as I understand reading from various post in the forum, that my son will use the same application form for settlement? Do I need to get any supporting papers besides the requirements from the check list? I was told I need to get this affidavit of support in the Philippine Embassy in London ? I do not know what it is for. But I was told it is one of the requirements from the immigration.

Here are some informations about my son, he is 7yo. His father was not named on his birth certificate. I have also in papers made by a lawyer that my mum is the acting guardian while I am here in the UK. I was not married to his father. I have no knowledge of his whereabout after I got pregnant.

I am also working full time since last July. I have saved my payslip hoping it will helped the visa application. My husband will be the one who is going to sponsor him. I hope I will not have any problems concerning all the details? I got son's passport already before i left Philippines last feb.

One more thing, My mum will be the one who will be accompanying him in his travel. Do they have to apply their visa separately? Or will they be dealt in one submission? After all, my Mum is his acting guardian. I hope you can enlighten me and your advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you xxx

joebloggs
12th September 2010, 17:23
yes same form and fee :cwm24:
I take it your not in the phils ?
proving you have custody is not a problem then,
as for 'sole responsibility' how long has your mom looked after your son ?
yes your husband should sponsor him and you can co-sponsor him (write as letter of support for him)

i take it your mom is going to apply fora family visit visa ?

Dee31
12th September 2010, 18:07
Hello Joe.

No, I am not in the Philippines. I arrived here in the UK last Feb 27th. I left my son to my mother's care since then, that was about 7months ago. But I have not been sending money to them, as i thought my little shop which was managed by my parents will be sufficient enough for his needs. Is it fine if my Mum will include the business permit which is in my name in the Philippines to help as supporting documents for the sole responsibility for my son? Yes, my Mum will have to apply for family visit visa, so she can accompany my son in his travel to UK. Can my Mum and son apply for a visa at the same time using share documents? Thank you Joe. xx

joebloggs
12th September 2010, 21:46
7 months you shouldn't have a problem, you need to show you have 'sole responsibility' and not your mom, yes if you explain in your letter of support the shop you own is managed by your parents and it supports your son, also mention you make all the major decisions that effect him, such as schooling, mention that once you was settled you intended to bring your son to the uk, that as you are both working now, you can support him without ever needing 'recourse to public funds'

search on here for 'sole responsibility' you should find other info that will help you.

yes your mom will need to apply for a family visit visa, mention that she will need to return to help run your shop once her trip is over.

not sure about the shared docs, maybe better if you did each app separately (duplicating the docs you need to) but send them the same time, and mention in your letter of support for your son and mother that you sent your moms/sons app together, because i think your son has a better chance of getting a visa then your mom ! but hopefully both will get them :D, so you better mention in each letter of support that you intend your mom to bring your son, but if she is refused a visa ( you will appeal ??) or you will go and bring him to the uk??

Dee31
12th September 2010, 23:09
Thank you Joe. I will definitely follow your advise. I just hope my Mum will have no problems in getting her visa approved as well. I will need to get all this done by next weekend. So I am gathering all the informations I need before I send all the documents needed for their visa applications.

I just wanted to ask a few more things, Joe. I need to know if my son needs to get a travel clearance once his visa has been approved? I have read jbt post about the DSWD travel clearance for minors. I do not know if her daughter has requested for travel clearance as well. I have sent jbt a message. Hopefully I will hear from her soon. And my other question is, do you know about affidavit of support? My friend who is also applying for her son's visa, told me that we need to get it in the Philippine Embassy in London, as a supporting documents for our sons visa application. I do not know what it is for.

Appreciated all your advise, Joe.

joebloggs
12th September 2010, 23:44
yes i think you need travel clearance.. a Filipino child (below 18 years of age) traveling abroad alone or with someone other than his/her parents needs travel clearance

affidavit of support i don't think I've ever heard of it b4, i know i didn't get one for my stepson :Erm:

joebloggs
12th September 2010, 23:48
i think the affidavit of support is to do with taking your kids to the phils :Erm:

JimOttley
13th September 2010, 00:23
Thank you Joe. I will definitely follow your advise. I just hope my Mum will have no problems in getting her visa approved as well. I will need to get all this done by next weekend. So I am gathering all the informations I need before I send all the documents needed for their visa applications.

I just wanted to ask a few more things, Joe. I need to know if my son needs to get a travel clearance once his visa has been approved? I have read jbt post about the DSWD travel clearance for minors. I do not know if her daughter has requested for travel clearance as well. I have sent jbt a message. Hopefully I will hear from her soon. And my other question is, do you know about affidavit of support? My friend who is also applying for her son's visa, told me that we need to get it in the Philippine Embassy in London, as a supporting documents for our sons visa application. I do not know what it is for.

Appreciated all your advise, Joe.

I doubt you need that in London, I made a point of doing an affidavit of paternity for my son in Las Pinas town hall but I doubt it has any relevance for the British Embassy re immigration to the uk.

Jim

Dee31
13th September 2010, 12:31
yes i think you need travel clearance.. a Filipino child (below 18 years of age) traveling abroad alone or with someone other than his/her parents needs travel clearance

affidavit of support i don't think I've ever heard of it b4, i know i didn't get one for my stepson :Erm:

Yes, but as quoted in DSWD website:

WHO DOES NOT NEED TRAVEL CLEARANCE?

All minors other than those cited above, for example:
A minor traveling to a foreign country with either parent or with his or her solo parent or legal guardian;
A minor traveling abroad whose parents are in the Foreign Service or living abroad or are immigrants, provided he/she is holding a valid pass such as a dependents visa/pass/identification card or permanent resident visa/pass/identification card which serves as proof that he/she is living with parents abroad and their travel does not constitute child trafficking.

If my son has been given a dependent visa, does that mean he is exempted then?

If by some reason my Mum or my son will not get their visa approved. I will have to make an appeal. I cannot take a holiday off from my work. :(

@ Jim: Thank you Jim. I will pass along the information to my friend as well.

sars_notd_virus
13th September 2010, 14:50
Here are some informations about my son, he is 7yo. His father was not named on his birth certificate. I have also in papers made by a lawyer that my mum is the acting guardian while I am here in the UK. I was not married to his father. I have no knowledge of his whereabout after I got pregnant.

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/index.php/categoryblog/1886-travel-clearance-for-minors-

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS IN SECURING A TRAVEL CLEARANCE?

* Duly accomplished application form;
* Photocopy of the birth certificate or passport of the minor;
* A written consent of both parents or the solo parent or the legal guardian permitting the child to travel alone or with someone else to a foreign country;
* Photocopy of passport of traveling companion, for accompanied minors.
* As appropriate,

1. a photocopy of the marriage certificate of the minors parents or;
2. a photocopy of the certificate of legal guardianship of the minor or;
3. a photocopy of the solo parent identification card from the municipal social welfare
4. in the case of an illegitimate minor, a certificate of no marriage from the local civil registrar;
5. in the case of a deceased parent, a photocopy of the death certificate;

* Two colored passport size photos of the minor taken within the last 6 months.

**** I think your mum can secure a travel clearance from dswd since you said u have a legal paper stating she is the legal guardian of your son and who will travel with him to uk...
the travel clearance can be one of the important supporting documents before you apply for your sons visa.*****

Dee31
15th September 2010, 13:33
http://www.dswd.gov.ph/index.php/categoryblog/1886-travel-clearance-for-minors-

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS IN SECURING A TRAVEL CLEARANCE?

* Duly accomplished application form;
* Photocopy of the birth certificate or passport of the minor;
* A written consent of both parents or the solo parent or the legal guardian permitting the child to travel alone or with someone else to a foreign country;
* Photocopy of passport of traveling companion, for accompanied minors.
* As appropriate,

1. a photocopy of the marriage certificate of the minors parents or;
2. a photocopy of the certificate of legal guardianship of the minor or;
3. a photocopy of the solo parent identification card from the municipal social welfare
4. in the case of an illegitimate minor, a certificate of no marriage from the local civil registrar;
5. in the case of a deceased parent, a photocopy of the death certificate;

* Two colored passport size photos of the minor taken within the last 6 months.

**** I think your mum can secure a travel clearance from dswd since you said u have a legal paper stating she is the legal guardian of your son and who will travel with him to uk...
the travel clearance can be one of the important supporting documents before you apply for your sons visa.*****

Thank you Sars. I will have to tell my Mum to get travel clearance from DSWD for my sons visa application then. x

sars_notd_virus
15th September 2010, 13:43
Thank you Sars. I will have to tell my Mum to get travel clearance from DSWD for my sons visa application then. x

your welcome dear
Goodluck on your mum and son's visa application