PDA

View Full Version : Wenger confident of Arsenal glory

Win2Win
16th September 2010, 09:40
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger thinks they will be hard to stop this season after a 6-0 Champions League thrashing of Portuguese side Braga.

Content from... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9003331.stm)

les_taxi
16th September 2010, 11:59
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger thinks they will be hard to stop this season after a 6-0 Champions League thrashing of Portuguese side Braga.

Content from... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9003331.stm)

:icon_lol:might change his mind when they play a Barcelona/Real Madrid/Chelsea/Man utd team:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
16th September 2010, 12:15
or have is mind changed when they get knocked out of every competition yet again :icon_lol:

tomboo
16th September 2010, 12:17
same story most years,, usually very confident at first, then come march he will be telling us his team is still full of young players, and next season they will be serious contenders, always needing more time, wenger should be a spin doctor

Ayumbar
16th September 2010, 18:12
I predicted a potential 3-4 goals for Arsenal before the game, so the 6-0 - while a great achievement at this level - in some ways does not surprise as much. A good clean sheet though.

Arsenal are in contention, but I would not put money down on them for the Champions League. They still need to prove themselves against the top teams like Barca, Bayern Munich to name just two.

I do not see Wenger really being able to use youth as an excuse this season. Most of the players have played together for a number of seasons now. There will be times when players will get injured all at the same time and Wenger will have to dip into the reserve and youth teams. For a season as a whole, I do not think he can complain about age if the team lose the big games again.

Dedworth
16th September 2010, 18:43
I do not see Wenger really being able to use youth as an excuse this season.

He's been using it for years so I doubt if he'll change, the other one he trots out when a season looks barren for them is that it's a "transition season".

triple5
17th September 2010, 22:32
peaked too early... again :rolleyes: