PDA

View Full Version : Flr

mark99
20th September 2010, 11:26
My fiancee and I just got married, she is in the UK and living with me on a Fiancee Settlement Visa for 6-months until December.

Next we need to apply for Further Leave to Remain, I think. Can anybody give a quick summary of what we will need to do for this and the correct forms/documents to read and fill-in because I'm not sure.

Bluebirdjones
20th September 2010, 15:53
Look at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/flrm
and
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/husbandswivescivilpartners/applying-inside-uk/

All pretty straight-forward

(E-mail me if u need ..... I think you've got it)

Arthur Little
20th September 2010, 16:09
Next we need to apply for Further Leave to Remain, I think. Can anybody give a quick summary of what we will need to do for this and the correct forms/documents to read and fill-in because I'm not sure.

There are two ways in which your wife can apply for 'Further Leave to Remain'. She can either post her documents to the UK Border Agency in Croydon ... OR ... she can schedule an appointment at one of 7 PEOs dotted throughout the country.

Obviously it will be a little more costly to apply in person ... but worth paying that bit extra for same day service, if another member's recent experience is anything to go by. :rolleyes:

The thread I'm referring to here is entitled Public Enquiry Office - Liverpool (FLR) posted by axelandpixel on August 14, 2010.

Arthur Little
20th September 2010, 17:00
Form FLR(M) is the one you will require ... :ReadIt:, judge for yourselves and goodluck with whichever method you choose, Mark. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th September 2010, 17:01
hi mark myself and emma will be doing the flr very soon we are going the more expensive way , i feel its better and less stress and no waiting like the other one i have down loaded the forms already and that gives you both time to read and see what is needed , my nearest place is sheffield if we go the way that i have said the form i have got is the flr m , emmas visa runs out jan 26 so we are not far behind you ,good luck to you both:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th September 2010, 17:02
we think alike arthur are we related:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
20th September 2010, 17:19
we think alike arthur are we related:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:) Possibly, Steve ... certainly :iagree: it's worth paying the premium rate to avoid any agonising wait, as I've heard of some postal applications taking weeks. :doh But no worries, mate ... FLR, ILR & Citizenship are all just formalities!!

stevewool
20th September 2010, 17:23
formalities and cost :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

malditako
21st September 2010, 10:37
:) Possibly, Steve ... certainly :iagree: it's worth paying the premium rate to avoid any agonising wait, as I've heard of some postal applications taking weeks. :doh But no worries, mate ... FLR, ILR & Citizenship are all just formalities!!

how long to wait if paying premium?

simplyxiao
21st September 2010, 11:49
if everything is ok you get the result that day ;) good luck

Arthur Little
21st September 2010, 11:53
how long to wait if paying premium?

:Erm: ... I'm not sure if it's issued there and then (while u wait) or within a matter of hours ... but I [think] it's on the same day, Grace. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
21st September 2010, 12:02
But clearly, if all the paperwork is intact :rolleyes: ... the less time you will need to hang around!

mark99
21st September 2010, 12:27
Ah well the wait is not a problem because we will just apply early instead :) .

Arthur Little
21st September 2010, 12:44
Ah well the wait is not a problem because we will just apply early instead :) .

That's fine ... just make sure you don't apply *too soon, :rolleyes: i.e. *more than 28 days before the current visa runs out!

joebloggs
21st September 2010, 13:32
That's fine ... just make sure you don't apply *too soon, :rolleyes: i.e. *more than 28 days before the current visa runs out!

it depends on what visa your applying for, FLR you can apply for anytime, thou if your on a fiancee visa you have to be wed :doh :D, it's ILR you should not apply for more than 28 days b4 you've been in the uk 2yrs !

stevewool
21st September 2010, 14:53
me and emma are getting married next month oct 23 and emmas fancee visa runs out jan 26th so you are saying we can apply for the flr soon as we marry then

malditako
21st September 2010, 17:38
:Erm: ... I'm not sure if it's issued there and then (while u wait) or within a matter of hours ... but I [think] it's on the same day, Grace. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thats a good news..thanks for that lovely info sir arthur 1 :xxgrinning--00xx3: for u :)

joebloggs
21st September 2010, 19:40
me and emma are getting married next month oct 23 and emmas fancee visa runs out jan 26th so you are saying we can apply for the flr soon as we marry then

http://www.marriagevisahelp.com/index.php?page=further-leave-to-remain-flr-m-process-for-fiancee-and-partner-visa-holders

While the fiancée and proposed civil partner visas are normally valid for six months, there is no obligation to wait until your initial visa is about to expire in order to apply for extended permission to stay in the UK. You can initiate the spouse visa process at any point after marrying your sponsor as long as you and your sponsor meet the eligibility requirements established by the UK immigration authorities. There is also a non-refundable fee to be paid at the time of application.

It is imperative that you apply for your Further Leave to Remain before the end of your authorised stay in the UK. Be aware that ignorance is no defence in terms of outstaying your current permission to be in the UK – it is your responsibility to ensure you have legal permission to be in the UK and the UK immigration department is strict on this issue

and from UKBA
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/fianceesproposedcivilpartners/

If we allow you to come to the UK in the category of fiance(e) or proposed civil partner, you will normally be given permission to stay here for six months. You must not work during this time. After you have married or registered your civil partnership, you can apply - provided that you did not enter as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership - to stay here as the husband, wife or civil partner of a settled person. If we approve your application, we will give you permission to live and work here for two years. Near the end of the two years, if you are still married or civil partners and intend to live together, you can apply to settle here permanently.

Arthur Little
21st September 2010, 20:27
thats a good news..thanks for that lovely info sir arthur 1 :xxgrinning--00xx3: for u :)

:) ... my pleasure!

Arthur Little
21st September 2010, 20:44
it depends on what visa your applying for, FLR you can apply for anytime, thou if your on a fiancee visa you have to be wed :doh :D, it's ILR you should not apply for more than 28 days b4 you've been in the uk 2yrs !

Oh! :cwm24: Right, Joe ... :68711_thanx:! FLR didn't apply in our case ... with Myrna having come here as a spouse. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
21st September 2010, 21:15
Oh! :cwm24: Right, Joe ... :68711_thanx:! FLR didn't apply in our case ... with Myrna having come here as a spouse. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh it could Arthur if your good wife didn't come to the uk within 28days of the visa being issued she might have had to apply for FLR in the uk, but as a spouse visa is valid for 27 months now not 24 months, most will not have to apply for FLR, as she could have taken nearly 4 months after her visa was issued to come to the uk.

also if your good wife could not pass her life in the uk test and her spouse visa was about to expire, she could apply for FLR instead of ILR

Arthur Little
21st September 2010, 22:35
also if your good wife could not pass her life in the uk test and her spouse visa was about to expire, she could apply for FLR instead of ILR

Thankfully, she passed the Life in the UK Test at her 1st attempt back in July ... so it's full steam ahead, now for ILR in early 2011 as you advised. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DaveUK
22nd September 2010, 08:12
Thankfully, she passed the Life in the UK Test at her 1st attempt back in July ... so it's full steam ahead, now for ILR in early 2011 as you advised. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Apologies for hijacking this thread briefly, but just wanted to ask a quick question related to the Life in UK test.

If your wife is here on a spouse visa, can she take the Life in the UK test at any point prior to applying for ILR then?

Arthur Little
22nd September 2010, 08:19
Apologies for hijacking this thread briefly, but just wanted to ask a quick question related to the Life in UK test.

If your wife is here on a spouse visa, can she take the Life in the UK test at any point prior to applying for ILR then?

Yes, Dave ... that's correct. The Test itself is based on the content of the official Home Office publication 'Life in the UK' 2007 [2nd Edition] - available from most good bookstores - along with its accompanying handbook containing sets of Practice Questions & Answers. Goodluck to Yam! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
23rd September 2010, 15:08
Yes, Dave ... that's correct. The Test itself is based on the content of the official Home Office publication 'Life in the UK' 2007 [2nd Edition] - available from most good bookstores - along with its accompanying handbook containing sets of Practice Questions & Answers. Goodluck to Yam! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

is it the latest edition? or theres another one thats coming out as im going to take the test mid of next year.

Arthur Little
23rd September 2010, 17:02
is it the latest edition? or theres another one thats coming out as im going to take the test mid of next year.

At this moment, it is, yes. But ... owing to new government legislation about to come into effect :rolleyes: ... it would seem likely that a more up-to-date version will be published before next summer.

malditako
24th September 2010, 06:54
At this moment, it is, yes. But ... owing to new government legislation about to come into effect :rolleyes: ... it would seem likely that a more up-to-date version will be published before next summer.

seems this uk goverment transition affects mostly immigrants and visa holder here in the uk...unfortunately among others i am cought in between adopting old rules and new rules..haisss :doh