PDA

View Full Version : hi

cherrysorra
21st September 2010, 22:49
hi im cherry i live in chatham i came here last august 23 :)

can my friend from philippbes can work here? how can he get an employer here so it will direct hire

and im hoping someone will guide me here i mean helping me coz im new to this country

and im going to marry nxt mont october. my question is if im allowed to work while im not yet married? :action-smiley-081:

cherrysorra
21st September 2010, 22:52
:Jump:

triple5
21st September 2010, 23:04
Hi cherry, welcome to the UK and the forum :Wave:

bornatbirth
21st September 2010, 23:23
depends on the visa you have??

care to enlighten us and why the :action-smiley-081:

cherrysorra
21st September 2010, 23:27
my visa is marriage visa or multi visa

cherrysorra
21st September 2010, 23:28
hi thanks atleast i have new friend now

bornatbirth
21st September 2010, 23:29
you can start to work after your married and have flr, do you have any job plans :D

cherrysorra
21st September 2010, 23:32
no i dont have i was thinking whats qualified for me coz im high school grad so any job as long as i can manage it, coz i feel bored here and i dont have my own money

cherrysorra
21st September 2010, 23:33
i want to know after marrying here do u think i could get a job or get nenefits?

bornatbirth
21st September 2010, 23:33
then start looking already to see whats in your area, have a look in the job centre web site etc...goodluck :D

bornatbirth
21st September 2010, 23:40
i want to know after marrying here do u think i could get a job or get nenefits?

sadly, you cant claim any benefits while your on a flr :bigcry:

raynaputi
21st September 2010, 23:43
:Hellooo: cherry..welcome to the forum! :D

cherrysorra
whats that flr? sorry coz didnt get it

cherrysorra
thanks r u filipina?
:Hellooo:

raynaputi
21st September 2010, 23:48
yes i am :D

cherrysorra
21st September 2010, 23:50
san k nktira ngaun ng wowork kba jan?

cherrysorra
21st September 2010, 23:54
my fiance is on benefits thats y i asked the possibility i can get here:NoNo:

raynaputi
21st September 2010, 23:57
i'm in Manila po.. :)

mikey73
21st September 2010, 23:58
:Hellooo: hi cherry :Hellooo: welcome to the forum:)

cherrysorra
22nd September 2010, 00:00
:bigcry:thanks for welcoming me, honestly i get bored here i got no friends yet im almost a month hre in uk. no work coz im not allowed yet so boring

triple5
22nd September 2010, 00:02
:bigcry:thanks for welcoming me, honestly i get bored here i got no friends yet im almost a month hre in uk. no work coz im not allowed yet so boring

You're not the first to get bored after arriving here :rolleyes: Others on here have said the same. It's just an adjustment period and a matter of finding things to do and keeping your mind occupied.

cherrysorra
22nd September 2010, 00:05
yes i know nothing to do here dont know whats gonna happened nxt:doh

Dedworth
22nd September 2010, 00:16
yes i know nothing to do here dont know whats gonna happened nxt:doh

:confused: Surely your partner should satisfy your doubts as one assumes he's gone to all the effort of getting a visa organised and you over to the UK

Don't take this the wrong way but I'd shake him up

Lancashirelad
22nd September 2010, 00:26
Hi Cherry, welcome to the forum and the UK!

I guess it hard at first coming to a new country, keep your patience :) your local job center is a good place to start when you are allowed to work here, ask to speak to one of the advisers there they should be able to help.
Before then you can make sure you have a good up to date CV and know how to write a good polite application letter, it increases your chances of getting a job greatly.

Lots of job vacancies in the local papers, newsagents windows and by word of mouth. Looking for a job is a job itself sometimes.

if you cant work yet maybe you can take a part time class some are free or inexpensive or a sports or hobby club, even your local church all are good ways of making new friends :)

febmary
22nd September 2010, 04:00
Hi Che..

Welcome to the forum. I understand how you feel now.Just adjust for now of this new environment, make new friends, get yourself occupied with a hobby...Im sure boredom will just be over. Many nice people are willing to enlighten you here.

Cheers!

febmary
22nd September 2010, 04:00
Hi Che..

Welcome to the forum. I understand how you feel now.Just adjust for now of this new environment, make new friends, get yourself occupied with a hobby...Im sure boredom will just be over. Many nice people are willing to enlighten you here.

Cheers!

baby38
22nd September 2010, 07:50
welcome che,
Reading between the lines does your partner want you to work,or does he wants you to stay at home,did i read somewhere you partner was on benefits,your partner should be helping you make friends ,maybe meet other Filipinos in the area,I hope your partners not a control freak,heard many stories where partner dont give you no money cant have friends drive etc,wants a maid not a wife,sorry if i sound negative. The first thing when my wife came to Australia on a 3 month visitors visa so she could get used to my place introduced her to other Filipinos and my friends give her some spending money,

bher
22nd September 2010, 07:59
welcome to the forum che.. thats how people feel when its jst first time to stay in other country.. so sooner or later u will get use to it.. can i ask something?.. if ur fiance is claiming benefits how can u manage to get a visa if he's jst claiming?... thank you, hope u reply...

sars_notd_virus
22nd September 2010, 16:14
:Hellooo:che

Arthur Little
22nd September 2010, 23:47
:confused: ... I'd shake him up

:rolleyes: ... have to say, :iagree:!

Arthur Little
22nd September 2010, 23:57
Cherry ... :welcomex:! Unfortunately under British Immigration Law, you aren't allowed to undertake employment of any sort - either paid or voluntary - until after you're actually married ... unless you've been granted a work permit.

malawi
23rd September 2010, 00:43
hi im malawi
from east london, here seekin guidance for my wife and our child soon come to uk i hope,
pleasure to meet the forum

cherrysorra
23rd September 2010, 18:10
hello guys just want to know if i can travel to paris using my marriage visa?:)

Dedworth
23rd September 2010, 18:27
hello guys just want to know if i can travel to paris using my marriage visa?:)

I doubt it and would think that it only covers entry to the United Kingdom - to visit France and certain other EU Countries you need a Schengen Visa. You will have to go to the French Embassy in London

cherrysorra
23rd September 2010, 18:57
what if im married already here in uk do u think still the same to go to the france embassy?

Terpe
23rd September 2010, 19:08
Hi cherrysorra
Yes, you will still need Schengen visa.
Take a look at the French Embassy site to review the documentations needed and how to make your application. I believe there have been some changes recently (thank goodness!)
When my wife first applied you needed to book an appointment and queue up outside the Embassy with the other 100 people who all had the same appoinment time:doh
Hopefully the changes will be for the better.:)

cherrysorra
23rd September 2010, 22:35
Just want to clarify that my visa is a multi visa marriage so i still beed that zchengen visa to come to paris or any other country other than paris? Just wnt to mke sure thnkz

Dedworth
23rd September 2010, 22:41
Just want to clarify that my visa is a multi visa marriage so i still beed that zchengen visa to come to paris or any other country other than paris? Just wnt to mke sure thnkz

Hi Cherry - your visa is issued by the United Kingdom and only covers your entry into the UK, France is a separate nation and they have decided (as part of the Schengen grouping) what nationalities require a visa to enter their countries. I believe as their rules stand at present you will need a visa as long as you only hold a Philippine passport - if and when you get a Brit passport then you won't need any visas

cherrysorra
23rd September 2010, 23:03
Thanks for ur patiently reply, yes ur right and that is true, thank u so much:Hellooo:

cherrysorra
23rd September 2010, 23:05
Anyway how much it will cost to apply that
schengen visa

Dedworth
23rd September 2010, 23:20
Cherry - it's expensive minimum of £60 if you are married to a UK or EU national, also complicated - if you turn up with incomplete forms they hit you for an extra £20.

Have a look here

http://www.expatexplore.com/french_schengen_visa.html

Personally I wouldn't bother going to France :D

Rosie1958
23rd September 2010, 23:31
Hi Cherry

Welcome to the UK. Once you have a permit confirming that you are entitled to work, I'd recommend registering with a local employment agency, especially if you have particular skills since they can help with a placement. When I recruit I tend to go to agencies if in a hurry or place adverts in local newspapers. I seldom bother with the Job Centre.

I'd also re-iterate the sound advice given above by Lancashirelad.

Best of luck
Rosie

Arthur Little
24th September 2010, 02:41
Cherry ... I've merged all your posts - and the responses to them - into ONE thread in order to help fellow readers answer your various questions more easily. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ghee101
24th September 2010, 05:14
welcome to the forum che.. thats how people feel when its jst first time to stay in other country.. so sooner or later u will get use to it.. can i ask something?.. if ur fiance is claiming benefits how can u manage to get a visa if he's jst claiming?... thank you, hope u reply...

sis bher, hahaha i wanna ask this same question :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

hi che! welcome to the Fil-UK forum :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

bher
24th September 2010, 07:36
sis bher, hahaha i wanna ask this same question :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

hi che! welcome to the Fil-UK forum :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

hahaha... ghee but she haven't reply yet.. still waiting .. lol:NEW5::NEW5::NEW5:

cherrysorra
24th September 2010, 12:33
Hi im cherry my visa is multi visa marriage, and they say i can still apply for schengen visa to travel to paris. How much it gonna cost for applying schengen visa. Thnks

Terpe
24th September 2010, 12:57
cherrysorra,
I think you are getting yourself confused.
Mr Athur Little (mod) has merged all your previous posts into one to minimise confusions.
Please check under your postings with title 'hi'
(just below this one in the listing)
Good news is that all your questions have been answered.:Wave:

Arthur Little
24th September 2010, 14:00
cherrysorra,
I think you are getting yourself confused.
Mr Athur Little (mod) has merged all your previous posts into one to minimise confusions.
Please check under your postings with title 'hi'
(just below this one in the listing)
Good news is that all your questions have been answered.:Wave:

Please note that the answers to ALL your questions have again been regrouped into a single thread ... under the title 'hi'. :Hellooo:

cherrysorra
24th September 2010, 15:02
yes thanks to all of u, but i got one more question. how much will the cost for applying visa to france? i know my visa dont allowed me to go there coz its only entry to the uk.

cherrysorra
24th September 2010, 15:17
thank u so much rosy

Ladybug_sim
24th September 2010, 15:29
Hi! Cherry, just want to say welcome to the forum and hope you got some more query about your problems.. For me, it is better to go around and familiar the place where you for the moment than to think to go some places. If things be ok, then it is time to plan to go anywhere :Jump: just an opinion.. take care and good luck to your new family there :Wave::Wave:

Dedworth
24th September 2010, 16:16
yes thanks to all of u, but i got one more question. how much will the cost for applying visa to france? i know my visa dont allowed me to go there coz its only entry to the uk.

Cherry it's £60 minimum as I posted (Number 41 above) last night

ghee101
24th September 2010, 17:59
Hi im cherry my visa is multi visa marriage, and they say i can still apply for schengen visa to travel to paris. How much it gonna cost for applying schengen visa. Thnks

darling, basahin mong maigi ung mga posts mo sa taas. all your questions have all been answered already.

rusty
24th September 2010, 18:36
The good news ;- :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you wait to apply till after you are married the visa fee is free.

The following categories do not have to pay the visa application fee:

Short stay for children under six years of age
Short stay private visit for groups of scholars participating in a school exchange program or in training courses
Invitation by some international organization whose headquarters are based in France
French citizen's spouse
EU citizen's spouse
EU citizen's child under 21 years old or dependent
Ascendant dependent of EU citizen
Short stay for scientific researchers/students traveling for scientific research
French teachers currently teaching
Holder of a governmental scholarship for study
The bad news ;- :NoNo:

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Latest-news,17918.html

As per 15 September
In order to improve the standard of service to the visas applicants, the French authorities have decided to outsource the information of visa applicants and the collection of visas application to the company TLScontact. This service is available regardless of the nationality, the type of passport, the duration and the purpose of the stay of the visa applicant.
The service fee, mandatory for any visa application, is GBP 23,33 .

https://www.tlscontact.com/gb2fr/login.php

This outsourcing only seems to apply for England and Wales. Residents in Scotland and IOM can still apply at the consulate in Edinburgh.

krizziei
24th September 2010, 19:49
Hi Cherry, I wish you the best of luck as you go job hunting. Not easy especially as you're new. But hopefully you can adapt quickly. I'm in Ashford so we're like neighbours. I get bored and lonely, staying at home with a baby. I try to get a hobby and go out. Someone mentioned local church. That's a good idea too. I joined a local church but I'm an Anglican so no Filipino parishioners at the church where I go, instead there are lots of OAP's- some are friendly and some are not (sadly). Good luck and I'll try to PM you with my home number.