PDA

View Full Version : quick question about the fiance/spouce visa and monthly income..

charlotte
23rd September 2010, 08:28
Hi

Confused again... sorry everyone. Just trying to plan my finances to give my fiance and i the best shot at being together next year. I understand I need roughtly around £105 left at the
end of every week to satisfy the ECO that we won't need to recource to public fundsn - so that's around 420 a month.

So do I have to leave 420 sitting in my account at the end of each month? So then the 2nd month I would have 840 - and so on and so on... until the 6 months bank statements are shown.

I guess what i am asking is after each month, can you spend that 420 as long as you show
you have another 420 there at the end of the next month?
CONFUSED!!!

would appreciate some advise from anyone who has had to prove the same thing. thank you

joebloggs
23rd September 2010, 13:16
there is no set figure you need to live on, but some judges at appeals have said that the minimum you need is what a couple woud get if they were claiming social security in the uk. so after paying rent and community charge you should have over £100 a week to live off. thou ideally you want as much as possible. maybe your parents/friends can lend you some money each month to live off, so you let your wages increase in your bank account (thou dony overkill the saving or they will get suspicous on what your living on !)