PDA

View Full Version : Wot's happened to my Nokia E71???

-sillybilly-
28th September 2010, 15:00
I have been using my Nokia E71 even before i went back home to the Philippines.

But when i was on my way back in the UK, got a Smart Roaming Sim card on it, had sent a few messages to international and local numbers, but when I stopped over in Bahrain, it woudnt send anymore. Even to local ones. Ive checked my credit a few times and i did have enough balance.

I tried my best to find out what went wrong, even my husband did but still not working.

Cant even make a phone call to the Roaming Hotline!! Wot a shame....my phone is still in a mint condition but i cant use it anymore. :NoNo::NoNo:

Terpe
28th September 2010, 15:13
sillybilly,
Just concerning the SIM card. Do you have enough balance? As I recall it should always be above P100
If you visit the Smart website you can (I think) reactivate on line. Just use your Smart Number to register. I also think you can top up.

Have you tried UK SIM and still not working?

-sillybilly-
28th September 2010, 16:54
sillybilly,
Just concerning the SIM card. Do you have enough balance? As I recall it should always be above P100
If you visit the Smart website you can (I think) reactivate on line. Just use your Smart Number to register. I also think you can top up.

i still have a balance of P350.00 and i can receive text from the Philippines when people remember me:doh.
Ive tried the UK sim aswell, still aint working!:bigcry:

We tried to get intouch with Nokia and was told to take the sim card off, and turn it back on but still couldnt figure out whats the problem. :cwm23:

It just happened soon as i land in Bahrain for an 8 hour connecting flight.

Thank you for your suggestions by the way!:)

Really appreciate!

sars_notd_virus
28th September 2010, 17:08
Make sure your phone has picked up the right network ?
if your phone is not connected to an affiliate network it will still be able to receive.
Go to the nokia site and update the phone's software if there's an update ?

Terpe
28th September 2010, 17:31
sillybilly
I see from your location that you are in Northampton?
Guess what??
Well nearly:)

KeithD
28th September 2010, 17:34
You don't need to update the software.... just reboot the phone when in the UK.

-sillybilly-
28th September 2010, 17:35
sillybilly
I see from your location that you are in Northampton?
Guess what??
Well nearly:)

hmmm...so where you abouts?:Jump::Jump:

-sillybilly-
28th September 2010, 17:39
You don't need to update the software.... just reboot the phone when in the UK.

Hi boss!

How do i reboot my phone?

I'd love to use my phone again as at the minute im using husband's. Same unit tho but he doesnt wonna have scratch on it! So i still prefer to use mine if possible as i can look after it the way i want to. When i use his one i need to secure it in a small bag....oh what is he like?:doh:NoNo:

Arthur Little
28th September 2010, 17:54

But when i was on my way back in the UK, got a Smart Roaming Sim card on it, had sent a few messages to international and local numbers, but when I stopped over in Bahrain, it woudnt send anymore. Even to local ones. Ive checked my credit a few times and i did have enough balance.

I tried my best to find out what went wrong, even my husband did but still not working.

Alas ... I know next to nothing about *mobile phones, Clarice; maybe - like me - *yours has simply "had its day" ... :anerikke:

.... still in a mint condition but i cant use it anymore. :NoNo::NoNo:

:doh ... yes, just like me! :olddude: getting past it! ;)

Arthur Little
28th September 2010, 18:12

'Sim11UK'? ... yes, he's still working! :icon_lol:

Terpe
28th September 2010, 18:24
'Sim11UK'? ... yes, he's still working! :icon_lol:
:laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher:

Terpe
28th September 2010, 18:33
hmmm...so where you abouts?:Jump::Jump:
Small village:) Ahhh!
Brixworth:Wave:
How about you?? Northampton Town or environs?
Just asking! Might be nice to get together sometime. We have regular 'gatherings'
You know the sort of thing:D
Loads of pinoy foods, chikka chikka, karaoke etc etc
Our next get together was going to be first week of Oct. But we are still observing the 40 day reverence since Carina's brother passed away.
Next one will likely be early December time. My special birthday:xxgrinning--00xx3:

-sillybilly-
29th September 2010, 07:49
Small village:) Ahhh!
Brixworth:Wave:
How about you?? Northampton Town or environs?
Just asking! Might be nice to get together sometime. We have regular 'gatherings'
You know the sort of thing:D
Loads of pinoy foods, chikka chikka, karaoke etc etc
Our next get together was going to be first week of Oct. But we are still observing the 40 day reverence since Carina's brother passed away.
Next one will likely be early December time. My special birthday:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh lovely! Im here in Blissworth!
I'd love to join your gathering please!!!!

Please, please, please keep me inform!
I can take my husband with me as he love those sort of things....pinoy food and karaoke and meeting pinoy friends. We dont have any round the place!

Thank you ever so much! Look forward to join your get together soon!:):)

somebody
2nd October 2010, 11:54
What is displayed on the phone once its powered up? Which provider as Sars said not all providers may provide the same roaming faclities.

You could try a hard reset but that will wipe the memory (all your stored numbers pictures sms etc. So make sure you back up anything you want to keep.

If you can let us know your firmware version type *#0000# also if you have the nokia phone suite you can plug in via usb cable and see both what current firmware is and if any updates.

Or you can go to this link and follow the instructions to check.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update#

Both of these are last resort but they would reset every thing back to original settings.

tomboo
2nd October 2010, 12:03

Cant even make a phone call to the Roaming Hotline!! Wot a shame....my phone is still in a mint condition but i cant use it anymore. :NoNo::NoNo:

Best solution

Post it to me, i will check it out for a year or so and send it back once its working fine again :hubbahubba:

Languish
2nd October 2010, 13:08
Might be worth picking up a phone full stop in the phils (as opposed to a sim). I am collecting mine in November. Should make life a lot easier.

Terpe
2nd October 2010, 13:30
Languish,
Last time I looked, It seemed phones were cheaper here. (Someone tell me If I'm wrong)
Everytime we go we take a trip to Tesco and pick up a few cheapies. No probs unlocking and always work fine.
Last visit I made a point of looking around to buy one but a) quite expensive
b) my wife's cousin insisted they were nearly all Chinese version and 'not good'

Anyway just my experience:)

Languish
2nd October 2010, 14:05
Got it on a promo :) or rather... my girlfriend did :)

RickyR
2nd October 2010, 18:58
Do you want the bad news? Did you select 'Roam On' prior to leaving the Philippines? If you didn't, unfortunately the sim card is useless.

Languish
3rd October 2010, 09:12
Do you want the bad news? Did you select 'Roam On' prior to leaving the Philippines? If you didn't, unfortunately the sim card is useless.

Good point - but aren't most (if not all) phones/sims set for that by default?

RickyR
3rd October 2010, 09:42
Good point - but aren't most (if not all) phones/sims set for that by default?

I'm afraid not, with a SMART Sim, you have to activate it prior to leaving the country, and the crunch is that you need to deactivate prior to arriving back in the country.
I've made this mistake a few times, and it drives me up the wall!