PDA

View Full Version : Settlement visa

terenchion
30th September 2010, 10:31
hi,
All the fuss about settlement visas is really uncalled for... I live in the philippines and am married to a filipina, on tuesday we went to manila to the uk border agency and did the biometrics, handed in all the necessary paperwork. which is very self explanatory. Just 9 things you need and they all listed. Produce plenty of evidence you are married and happy together and have enough funds to look after her in the UK and your home and dry.. Today just 2 days later i have had the paperwork processed and the visa granted.... So think positive and complete the list and your made.... No big hassle no big mystery no big problem..... GOOD LUCK.,,

katerry
30th September 2010, 10:38
Hellooo:... mine i submit a marriage visit visa last September 28, 2010.. hopefully it will be fine... im nervous and shaking intensity 10.. hahhahaha....does anyone applied the same application as mine? VAF1F? :Help1:

joebloggs
30th September 2010, 11:04
some people have been waiting weeks, not long ago you were waiting for months:NoNo:

but liike you say if you follow the guidelines then most (90%+) will not have a problem :rolleyes:

katerry
30th September 2010, 11:07
what if i submit online two times with different reference no... will it affect my aplication?:bigcry:

liane
30th September 2010, 12:54
hi,
All the fuss about settlement visas is really uncalled for... I live in the philippines and am married to a filipina, on tuesday we went to manila to the uk border agency and did the biometrics, handed in all the necessary paperwork. which is very self explanatory. Just 9 things you need and they all listed. Produce plenty of evidence you are married and happy together and have enough funds to look after her in the UK and your home and dry.. Today just 2 days later i have had the paperwork processed and the visa granted.... So think positive and complete the list and your made.... No big hassle no big mystery no big problem..... GOOD LUCK.,,

Congratulations!

Arthur Little
1st October 2010, 03:14
hi,
All the fuss about settlement visas is really uncalled for...

... I wouldn't say that exactly! :NoNo:

Today just 2 days later i have had the paperwork processed and the visa granted.... So think positive and complete the list and your made.... No big hassle no big mystery no big problem..... GOOD LUCK.,,

Good for you ... congratulations! Glad all went smoothly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cessxy
1st October 2010, 09:42
Congrats :):xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

terenchion
4th October 2010, 20:31
Thanks to all those who have taken time to congratulate and make comments.... Never meant to be flippant about the visa settlement result, Its not a walk in the park as someone put it, but it isnt the big "Fear Factor" either.... So good luck to all who are applying... Just remember it is totally possible to have your visa and your passport back to you in 3 DAYS......

belle29
18th October 2010, 17:37
hiya thats really good news so how long did it take then when you submit all the requirement thanks

DaveUK
22nd October 2010, 12:51
I think the main thing that made the whole visa process scary for myself was not what was required, but the fact I was 7000 miles away from where it all had to happen!

If there were any last minutes issues, taking into account the distance and the time zone difference, something that could be dealt with fairly easily if I was in the Philippines with the missus, could seem so much worse.

Looking back now after we've been through it, the process is fairly straight forward if you follow the requirements. But as I've said, if you're not there yourself it can make you feel pretty helpless at the time!

Arthur Little
22nd October 2010, 13:12
I think the main thing that made the whole visa process scary for myself was not what was required, but the fact I was 7000 miles away from where it all had to happen!

Looking back now after we've been through it, the process is fairly straight forward if you follow the requirements. But as I've said, if you're not there yourself it can make you feel pretty helpless at the time!

:gp: ... know the feeling ... the sheer powerlessness to do anything about it! :doh

purple
22nd October 2010, 16:10
that is the power of law of attraction and the necessary papers the ECO wants to see. Congratulations!