PDA

View Full Version : Getting married in the UK

alsmith38
30th September 2010, 20:23
Hi Everyone This is my first post on the forum, although I have been reading for a few months and it has been of great help in getting my mahal a fiance visa granted. Now I have some questions.......

1. My mahal has a 6 months fiance visa, so in essence we need to get married in the 6 months or she would need to return to the Philippines?..

2.....Are there opportunities to extend this visa?

3...After we are married what do we need to do apply for a spouse visa?

4..... How long is the spouse visa for?.....

5...When can she apply for the FLR?.....

any help will be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks Andy

stevewool
30th September 2010, 20:57
hi there andy lots of help will come your way by advice soon, emma and i are like you are know, we are getting married october 23 , emma had a 6 month visa too so that runs out jan 26, you have to apply for the flr before that date, there is 2 fees you can chose for that, it last 2 years then you apply again for the ilr, you can apply as soon as you are wed for the flr, thats just a quick answer mate any other help just shout someone will answer:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
30th September 2010, 20:58
:Wave: Hi Andy, welcome to the forum:welcomex:

LeeRose
30th September 2010, 21:30
hello Alsmith
Welcome to the forum

Sim11UK
30th September 2010, 23:19
Hi :)
Don't get yourself confused with a spouse visa, this is only if you get married in the Philippines & you want to bring your wife back here.
You applied for a fiancee visa, so you will marry in the UK. As for extending it, I don't think you can normally. There maybe exceptional circumstances?

katerry
1st October 2010, 00:59
married is better i guess.. more legal... no hassle.. no under the tables.. good luck at ur wedding.. hope mine will come soon... just having a marraige visit though...